what oil are you running in the busa???

Silkolene Pro-4 synthetic. For the winter months I fill it with normal Suzuki dino oil. No point putting in good stuff just to drain it out after winter.

Normally I run Silkolene Pro-4 10W40, it's great stuff, smoothes out the tranny, quiets down the valvetrain a little and provides awesome, clean lubrication.
thumbs-up.gif
I love it.

BUT

I had the Motul Rep offer to buy my oil if I gave Motul's full ester based Synthetic a try, so I said OK, Hell $50 bucks worth of free premium oil?
thumbs-up.gif
So far the Motul is working great, similar results to the Silkolene.

Good Stuff.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137135045 -->

thumbs-up.gif

Mobile 1 full synthetic, 15/50 (winter) and 20/50 (summer),Good stuff.:)

Motul here too. Good stuff. Mototec is good too.

Mobil1 MX4T love it. But any oils good changing it regularly is the key.

Shell Rotella-T Synthetic in the Blue gallon jug.
I have been using this oil in several different bikes for several years and have had no problems.
Bike shifts smoother and seems to have a little less engine noise. And it cost far less than the other Synthetics.

David

castrol tection extra 15w-40, yes diesel engine oil. If you look at the formulation for motorcycle oil and compare the content of the additive package contained in the oil you will find that the ratio of additives in diesel engine oils closely resemble that of true motorcycle oil. You can catch this on sale at parts stores for $5 bucks a gallon. Right now I'm running a 1,500 mile drain interval and I will keep bumping it up in 500 mile intervals till I get to 3,000 miles drain with me checking the condition of the oil upon draining it.

I just started on the shell rotella 5w 40... no problems yet... Will probably drain it after the first 1500 miles to check condition.

Back