Shell Rotela T oil

06+5 bussa

Registered
Not trying to start an oil war lol, but just wanted to know why you chose to run this oil in your gen1 or 2 busa. I seen on some car forms they are running Rotela synth. verson. I know we are not sopost to run synth. unless its motorcycle spec. kind. Anyway just wanted to know what drew you to this oil. Thanks for your input.

I run the T-5 blend in my diesel truck. Its good oil, but have not tried it in my bike.

I would like to know too. Im due for a change soon and i was at walmart the other day having a 20 mins face off with a bottle of it.... Just sitting there looking at it and it looking back at me waitingnfor it to tell me its good for my bike! Especially since its such a reasonable price! Now im not trying to be cheap but if it works just as well if not better then others then hey why pay a ton for the same stuff

love this oil for my diesel truck, i run their full synthetic and have never looked back. can't speak for bike stuff but good stuff for my truck. i'd assume their quality must be good all around

You don't want car motor oil because many of them contain friction modifiers that will cause your wet clutch to slip.

The Rotela oil has none since it's for diesel trucks. I run them exclusively on my bikes. They're excellent oil and have a great price tag.

You don't want car motor oil because many of them contain friction modifiers that will cause your wet clutch to slip.

The Rotela oil has none since it's for diesel trucks. I run them exclusively on my bikes. They're excellent oil and have a great price tag.

You can run car oil as long as it doesn't have energy conserving on the bottle.
Used to run mobil 1 15w30 auto synthetic in my 04 busa.

A lot of this confuses me. My first oil change I went with regular Mobil 1, next oil change I will replace it with Mobil 1 full synthetic, race oil. I know it costs more, but once a year is not going to break the bank for me. And it gives me peace of mind.

You can run car oil as long as it doesn't have energy conserving on the bottle.
Used to run mobil 1 15w30 auto synthetic in my 04 busa.

Car oil can contain friction modifiers without any statement on the bottle that mentions it.

Usually it's the lower viscosity oils that contain it. Once you get into the 15w45 type stuff, the chances of it containing it decrease. Like I said, diesel truck oil like Rotella T won't have it, so no guessing.

Yup Their synth is good stuff. It goes in all my newer asian bikes. Diesel F-350's been running it many years now. It come out of my 05 Concours still kinda golden after 5000 mi. I do the Busa at 3000 as i hit it a bit harder.

im pretty leary of anything that doesnt say for 4 stroke motorcycles, im just anal like that i guess, i use the ams oil, as far as the rotella i have a couple of friends that use the stuff with no problems.

Car oil can contain friction modifiers without any statement on the bottle that mentions it.

Usually it's the lower viscosity oils that contain it. Once you get into the 15w45 type stuff, the chances of it containing it decrease. Like I said, diesel truck oil like Rotella T won't have it, so no guessing.

Meant to say 15w50.
But many have used it with no problems.
Gold cap mobil 1.

im pretty leary of anything that doesnt say for 4 stroke motorcycles, im just anal like that i guess, i use the ams oil, as far as the rotella i have a couple of friends that use the stuff with no problems.

Oil is oil. Your bike isnt an amazing magical piece of equipment that requires special scented massage oil.

What matters is viscosity, durability, and if it will do anything harmful (like slipping your clutch). Rotella is one of the most widely used oils in motorcycles.

Back