what oil should i use? help

biggreenz

Registered
what oil should i use its an 02 busa with 06 motor it has a lock up clutch and i was just wondering if there was any kind of special oil i need because of it havent had the bike long any help would be appreciated

thanks, ryan

:beerchug:

Mobil_1_Racing_4T_10W40_Motor_Oil_detail.jpg

Just avoid the Energy Conserving stuff. It will say if it is in the circle on the back. Otherwise, it's up to you and your wallet. I prefer quality synthetics, as they make the transmission shift smoother.

Just do what the owner's manual says: any 10w40 oil that's NOT energy conserving.

(No offense to OP, but This has gotta be the most frequently-asked question in the world)

CW

I use Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10w 40

I get it from Auto Zone in their special oil section.

Last edited:
Golden Spectro products are my personal favorite. :cheerleader:

Made with Yankee ingenuity in Brookfield , CT :thumbsup:

golden.jpg

Whatever oil you choose, be sure to open the container and let it oxygenate for at least 10 minutes before pouring into the crankcase. This allows all the unrefined light ends to evaporate. This is especially important if you choose a synthetic!

OK: I'm just kidding!

royal purple is what i run in my bikes castrol gtx if you dont like synthetics i ran a 250 suzuki dirt bike back in 1990 slap out of oil had a leak on the crank case dident check the oil like i should locked it up after about 20 mins of riding put some 10 w 40 castrol in it a day later broke the engine loose and it ran about another year thats some good shsnit all my friends run the purple now cause we watched them run some tests and the purple really is worth the money

Back