What is your top speed?

Whats a TRE?
tounge.gif
TRE stands for Timing Retard Eliminator...

HAHAHA! I know you were kidding.
tounge.gif

Not much of a speed demon, but I know someone who broke their speedo and tacho needles from rapid acceleration...not on a Busa of course.

tounge.gif

Topic : What is your top speed?

Beers per hour ? Hmmmm . I will perform a test starting now , then do a back up run .

Some were around 170 indicated , cant see shid on the cluster at that speed with the wind buffeting.
smile.gif

Let´s see...
idea.gif

Road 182 mph
down.gif

Dyno restricted 181 mph
cussing.gif

Dyno desrestricted with g-pack 197.5 mph  
bowdown.gif

Only with KN...

<!--EDIT|Rycardo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130280214 -->

Off the showroom floor in perfect condtions I think a Busa can do the 186....but realistically that is not gonna happen so a TRE is a waste of dough.
The odds are you will run out of HP before you run out of RPMS.

I took my Busa as fast as it would go, held her in 6th gear until she would not rev no more....In retrospect I might have thought I was bouncing the limiter but I was not. Ive talked to way to many guys since then that say the Busa runs out of HP before it runs out of RPMS.

I can only guess how fast I was going but my Busa has some mods to give it about 5-6 more HP, it was a little lighter than stock and I am about 180lbs but I did have some extra gear with me.  I was probably pushing 180mph.

Just an educated guess but id say that any stock Busa off the showroom floor @ sea level can hit an honest 175mph as long as you at least tuck and are not going against a 30mph wind.

200mph is no easy task and a stock Busa just cant do it...personally if this was my goal id rather have enough HP to do 220mph then 200 would come pretty easy......of course why stop there?

Thankfully I dont live in Las Vegas or something because God knows id be taking advatange of those straight roads.
Around my area the only road I can hit 160mph on is one that get abused alot and there is no place I can top out my bike and feel good about it.
Then there is the freeway and that is out altogether unless I can manage to befriend a few State patrol officers.

It sucks too because I gotta say that topping out my Busa was probably the most fun I ever had on that thing....what a rush!

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130337022 -->

I might have hit 10,200 but I dont recall for sure ....I am just saying that ive been told the Busa does not have enough HP to hit the rev limiter in most conditions. I do wish I knew for sure but I dont.

I might have hit 10,200 but I dont recall for sure ....I am just saying that ive been told the Busa does not have enough HP to hit the rev limiter in most conditions.  I do wish I knew for sure but I dont.
What people don't realize is at that speed, you really don't have time to look down and stare at those little gauges.  Believe me, they get really small the faster you go.

I remember slowing down to 150 (indicated) and thinking man, I'm going slow!  Then to 100 and thinking, I could get off and walk this fast!  LOL

It was definetly exciting, but not something I plan on doing any time soon.

<!--EDIT|thebbbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130345671 -->

Id do it every day if it was legal.
smile.gif

I know what you mean about going fast then slowing down....ill do a 30 min run and average 110mph then hop
on an interstate and I feel like I am in a school zone.
laugh.gif

I've pegged out with a TRE. I ran out of hp before rpm's. I just installed a G-pack and haven't had a chance to test it ot again.

Back