I finally did it!

Congrats on the lapse of rational thought. The speed is completely addicting!! Its not easy getting to 200+ on the Busa as many would believe. Going to the Salt Flats is even more difficult because of the tire slippage on the surface. You will have to fill your swingarm with lead shot and that will take FOREVER!

Just have patience, follow those who have done it and you will soon succeed.

200club_sml_gold.jpg

GPS.jpg

(MPH 200 @ May 17 2007,07:52)
(dadofthree @ May 16 2007,15:06) Good luck and be careful. I know you're wearing full gear.
Do you think gear will make a big difference if something happens @ 200 mph
crazy.gif
Guy went down at Maxton last year and slid on asphalt from 220ish down to zero in full leathers!!
SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif

Had some hospital time to repair various bones, but his hide was almost completely intact.

Gear ALWAYS makes a difference, sometimes it's just not enough.

SHOCKED.gif

(Spudley @ May 16 2007,19:36) and..."HOW LONG HAVE WE OWNED OUR BUSA
rock.gif
?".............next time watch the tack, at 11,000
The tach is about as accurate as the speedometer.
wink.gif

(MPH 200 @ May 17 2007,08:52)
(dadofthree @ May 16 2007,15:06) Good luck and be careful. I know you're wearing full gear.
crazy.gif
I wear body armor at work for the same reason; do you think it'll hurt
rock.gif

Maxton is probably a very good place to do this.

I have a bud on here that carries 193+ time slip with him and he's got 6K+ in the ride.

You can probably do it cheaper, but I don't think stock will get ya there.

I saw an old flick with a dude on a Kawi wipe out at 200+ and ended up with a totaled bike and broke thumb. He was wearing full gear.

I think for the most part, when wearing full gear, that unless you hit an object, you have a pretty good chance of living through the ordeal.

Not that it's a good thing to go down, and nothing is for sure. But for the most part, people I know that have gone down with gear usually walk away in one piece.

(dadofthree @ May 17 2007,12:46)
(MPH 200 @ May 17 2007,08:52)
crazy.gif
I wear body armor at work for the same reason; do you think it'll hurt
rock.gif

Maxton is probably a very good place to do this.

I have a bud on here that carries 193+ time slip with him and he's got 6K+ in the ride.

You can probably do it cheaper, but I don't think stock will get ya there.
I wear a full Alpinestars armored compression suit under my leathers at all times.

I have gone down road racing at 140 & walked away.

The problem w/ most high speed runs they are not done on a track, just a highway somewhere.

The guard rail or light pole doesn't care what you have on.
AAAssjani.gif

"It's not the fall, it's the sudden stop"!
SHOCKED.gif

Remember to watch your tuck, wind direction, & road conditions ... All of these factors should be correct before letting 'er eat.

Back