What "dont" you like about the busa?

Tranny shifts like a bucket of bolts
No gear indicator
Brakes have to be the worst of any sport bike out there.
No digital speedo! What's up with that? Is there any other bike out there still using a manual speedo?
Without updates, our beloved busa is rapidly becoming a dinasour!
I have to say about the digital speedo, I dont know about everyone else, but when you see that needle rotate like crazy as you are shifting through the gears is a rush, the digital speedo jumps numbers going 16 35 75, the analog speedo is a fun part, other than that "it doesnt say speed right"<---
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|Deaglemaster
Reason for Edit: "spelling"|1149618306 -->

Too heavy. More hp would be nice if mine was stock.

Since it's a turbo, hp is not an issue.

The next thing I do to it is put on lighter wheels.

Then, carbon fiber tank or aluminum, both are expensive weight loss but the only other thing you can do is nit pick it to death by removing every ounce you can, and or switch out the biggest bolts with ti fasteners and work your way down.

Lighter weight for better handling (although it is supposed to be a sport touring bike)
Better Brakes
Weird hesitation at about 4000 RPMS makes for hard tranistions on and off the throttle
No Gear indicator
Self cancelling signals would be nice.
Speedometer is way off
I am 6 foot 4 hard to complain about handlebars,windscreen or pegs or cant see the blinkers etc

PS what do you guys get for fuel mileage I get about 38 and was 44 before PC and exhaust? I am just wondering what you all consider to be bad. My truck with the big tires on it gets 8 MPG

[Quote (Tufbusa @ June 06 2006,01:40)
Tranny shifts like a bucket of bolts
No gear indicator
Brakes have to be the worst of any sport bike out there.
No digital speedo! What's up with that? Is there any other bike out there still using a manual speedo?
Without updates, our beloved busa is rapidly becoming a dinasour!

I have to say about the digital speedo, I dont know about everyone else, but when you see that needle rotate like crazy as you are shifting through the gears is a rush, the digital speedo jumps numbers going 16 35 75, the analog speedo is a fun part, other than that "it doesnt say speed right"<--- ]

+1

I get a thrill at watching that needle spin. It is hard to tell if it is the speedo or tach.

My only complaint after 4 months of ownership is the Brakes. My wife has a Honda sport bike and there is just no comparison in stopping power. I would have expected a bike known for power and speed to be equal in braking power. OK at least close.

Shifting thing shifts worse than my Harley. All the other problems can be easily corrected. Windscreen, seat, bars too low, vibration between 4-5 k, tires.

LACK OF ADJUSTABLE REARSETS!!! NEED EM FOR US TRACK GUYS!! Oh, and solid mount footpegs as an option too.

Terrible brake feel when brakes heat up. Needs Stainless lines and good HH pads stock.

<!--EDIT|gtrpimp76
Reason for Edit: "solid mount footpegs"|1149644293 -->

I don't like the fuggin half wit attitudes, opinions, and comments from other riders. I never caught attitude on my other bikes, the Busa though is very Polarizing and I just get tired of hearing the the BS.

A lot of hate and aggravation aimed at the thing.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149627937 -->

I don't like the fuggin half wit attitudes, opinions, and comments from other riders.  I never caught attitude on my other bikes, the Busa though is very Polarizing and I just get tired of hearing the the BS.  

A lot of hate and aggravation aimed at the thing.
+1

The my friend beat 1 of those things with his XXX (insert assorted P.O.S. cars/Bikes) so drives me crazy, but that's another thread...

Brakes, But SS lines fixxed them right up
Windshield, But ZG Double bubble fixxed that right up

I don't like the rear sets, and the insterment cluster is out-dated (no gear indicator Ect) but it's a 7yr old design. i can live with it.

You can improve the stock headlight 100% with a Sylvania Silverstar bulb from your local auto parts store. Install the bulb and raise the low beam, best $20 you will spend on your busa!

first, I cant live with digital gauges, it doesn't tell until you put em at steady speed...on windscreen? if you change to DB you will know why everyone is become mod junkies...(although, not all the mod is making that much difference) and the head light? if you been sittin on HID once you can't ride with factory settings...(it makes day and nite difference) on the gear indicator? I don't care what gear I'm in, when its time comes, I'll shift up or down...no need to know what gear I'm in...after all, animal instinct kicks in for what gear I'm in(take some pratice to do...and intead of asking too many thingy...better to drive a cages...or gettin used to riding a busa...
rock.gif

Love Trinity Passion, anything that I didn't like about her I changed. Now shes perfect.

<!--EDIT|BusaWizard
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149633688 -->

not being able to ride...

Got a Laminar Lip to increase slipstream hieght

Throttle lock (NEP) for longer trips

D&D Boltons for a louder tone

Hump Handrail Mod

Needs better spread on Headlamp(s)

bigest problem everyone wants to race, every cop wants to stop you. but the best thing is the never ending power. i often ride 100-150 miles after work. only next thing i want is tobin seats:p

Back