What "dont" you like about the busa?

None of these are a big deal, but if I were redesign the bike, I'd focus here:

Stock windscreen too low
No gear indicator
No self-cancelling turn signals
Swept-in handlebars uncomfortable
Front fender is ugly

But there is a TON of things that I love! And trust me, the good outweighs the bad - and then some!
cool.gif

Tranny shifts like a bucket of bolts
No gear indicator
Brakes have to be the worst of any sport bike out there.
No digital speedo! What's up with that? Is there any other bike out there still using a manual speedo?
Without updates, our beloved busa is rapidly becoming a dinasour!

plastic rivets
stock windshield (replaced with puig)
stock rearsets (will replace soon)

'bout it ... lovin' it more every day

... by the way, has anybody noticed the rear foot peg bracket / muffler support on the left is not exactly like the right one ? ... I just noticed it this weekend when I was putting on new dogbones ... the one on the right side does not bolt up square with the bracket on the muffler can ... the left one is fine. I can't tell if the kinky fit on the right side is due to the bracket on the can or the bracket for the foot peg
rock.gif

There isn't much I don't love about the bike. Here is a small list of things I wish were different.

1. could be lighter in weight
2. needs a built-in gear indicator
3. more accurate speedometer

and seeing that it is considered a sport tourer...

4. built-in cruise control. a must for longer rides.

The great thing about the busa is that anything you don't like can be fixed.
+1

Things I would like to come standard:

Double bubble windshield
Gear indicator and adjustable shift light
Hump already cut for grab rail
Easy adjust headlight (I don't like blinding oncoming traffic when I have a passenger)
It would be nice to be able to change the oil filter without removing the lower.

Probably some other things but I'm very happy with the bike over all.

Like all you guys and gals, I love this bike, the positives way over shadow any negative comments I have.....but, since you asked, a gear indicator (are you listening Mr. Suzuki?), a digital speedometer and for heavens sakes, just a bit more room on that lower fairing vent and we could remove the oil filter without the hassle of complete right side fairing removal. The rear end is dated and, dare I say it, ugly, would be nice to see a "toned down" version of that whale hump. These are minor issues and would I buy another Busa? I would never buy anything else!!
smile.gif

I like it all and what I didn't like I fixed. Oh ya I don't like it when I can't ride it
biggrin.gif

+1

Double bubble windshield
Easy adjust headlight (I don't like blinding oncoming traffic when I have a passenger)
It would be nice to be able to change the oil filter without removing the lower.

Ditto ... and ...

I've been wondering how people keep their grab bar on with the seat cowl on. Does the cowl have to be cut or do they sell one cut out already?

JUST MY $.02 WORTH. i'VE ONLY OWNED THE BIKE A FEW WEEKS, BUT I FOUND A FEW, VERY FEW THINGS I DON'T LIKE.

1. THE MIRRORS SUCK! ALL I EVER SEE IS MY ELBOWS
2. NO GEAR INDICATOR, I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR 7TH GEAR
3. THE HEAD LIGHT ADJUSTMENT MEANS YOU TAKE HALF THE FRONT END OFF JUST TO GET TO THE BULBS AND ADJUSTERS.

MINOR THING TO ##### ABOUT, AND I'VE ALREADY CHANGED A FEW. OTHER THAN THAT, SO FAR I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS MONSTER!!!

Gear indicator ( or lack of)
Turn signal indicators are impossible to see with the stock windscreen.
Self cancelling signals would be nice.
An accurate speedometer. ( a reading of 60 at 60 mph is all I ask)
The distance between the seat and pegs could be a little more roomy.
The handlebars have a funny bend.
The rear seat drops the passenger into the rider too easily, and the passenger pegs are too high to allow them to brace themselfs properly.

I've corrected most of these things, new screen, new seats, Heli bars, but it should come better from the factory.

You guys are cracking me up.....

windshield is designed for speed not comfort.....like a trillion aftermarket choice to correct it. I'm 6'1",250 lbs...and I can tuck under a stock windshield...its not comfortable to do....but neither is sitting up at 170 mph.

gear indicator? Bike in stock form is geared for a top speed of 201 mph(more than the engine can even push!!!) I have no possible clue how you're running out of gears. Twist the throttle harder.....its a Jap bike..it likes to be revved.

The speedo is NOT manual...its analog. You can swap in GSXR guages if this really bothers you BTW.

What bike has self cancelling signals? Goldwing?

headlight adjustment requires NO removal of anything if you can get your hand up past the shroud. I fit mine in there.

Busa in stock form is a good and easily buildable base for anything you can imagine. Start changing things and you'll make it hard to be so versatile.

windshield is designed for speed not comfort.....like a trillion aftermarket choice to correct it. I'm 6'1",250 lbs...and I can tuck under a stock windshield...its not comfortable to do....but neither is sitting up at 170 mph.

gear indicator? Bike in stock form is geared for a top speed of 201 mph(more than the engine can even push!!!) I have no possible clue how you're running out of gears. Twist the throttle harder.....its a Jap bike..it likes to be revved.

The speedo is NOT manual...its analog. You can swap in GSXR guages if this really bothers you BTW.

headlight adjustment requires NO removal of anything if you can get your hand up past the shroud. I fit mine in there.

Busa in stock form is a good and easily buildable base for anything you can imagine. Start changing things and you'll make it hard to be so versatile.
I guess I just look at it differently.............my bet is that the bike would still do the "mandated" top speed of 186 with a DB screen and at the end of a 300 mile ride I would feel much more refreshed from sitting in the normal, not tucked, position with the wind hitting me above my shoulders rather than in my chest all day.

I don't know how many times I have either been in 5th gear thinking I was in 6th or in 6th wondering if I had another gear to shift into for cruising.

The headlights are a pia for adjusting. I have to remove the lower shroud or else the shroud around the guages to squeeze my big a$$ hands in between the headlights and the fairing frame and then put it all back together when finished. If Suzuki would at least have large thumb wheels to adjust them would be better than having to squeeze a socket and ratchet or wrench in there.

These things could be added at the factory with no real additional cost to the bike.

I guess I just look at it differently.............my bet is that the bike would still do the "mandated" top speed of 186 with a DB screen and at the end of a 300 mile ride I would feel much more refreshed from sitting in the normal, not tucked, position with the wind hitting me above my shoulders rather than in my chest all day.

I don't know how many times I have either been in 5th gear thinking I was in 6th or in 6th wondering if I had another gear to shift into for cruising.

The headlights are a pia for adjusting. I have to remove the lower shroud or else the shroud around the guages to squeeze my big a$$ hands in between the headlights and the fairing frame and then put it all back together when finished. If Suzuki would at least have large thumb wheels to adjust them would be better than having to squeeze a socket and ratchet or wrench in there.

These things could be added at the factory with no real additional cost to the bike.
BTW...according to cycle world.....02+ Busas were limited to 182 mph.

One thing that bugs me, I am sure this is for every bike, I cant keep the wheels shiney and clean, cause i brake ALL the time, this bike doesnt want to slow down by itself

+1

Double bubble windshield

Ditto ... and ...

I've been wondering how people keep their grab bar on with the seat cowl on.  Does the cowl have to be cut or do they sell one cut out already?
I bought mine from a member here but you'd normally have to cut it with a dremel.

Back