What do you think about these slip-ons Max Torque Cans

Cruising180

Registered
I'm thinking about ordering a set of these for my bike. Does anyone here have any experience with this brand? I can get these from England shipped for $300 less that a set of Yoshi's. I don't want a full system but I do want some more sound and dropping a few pounds will be nice too.

Twin-Stainless-trioval-Carbon-outlet-EBAY-warrington-scaled.jpg

51135071408_11c1fb6661_6k.jpg

I do not have any experience with their slip ons.

However i did get their headers and mid pipe to use with my Yoshi slipons. You can find my experience in thread below.

I'm thinking about ordering a set of these for my bike. Does anyone here have any experience with this brand? I can get these from England shipped for $300 less that a set of Yoshi's. I don't want a full system but I do want some more sound and dropping a few pounds will be nice too.

View attachment 1678683

View attachment 1678684
Looks like they have removable Db killers so they should be decent for sound.

Reactions: pcs
I do not have any experience with their slip ons.

However i did get their headers and mid pipe to use with my Yoshi slipons. You can find my experience in thread below.

I got a Micron full 4-1 system for my 2002 Blackbird back in the day and I had a similar issue where the header was up against the lower rear of the fairing and melted it a bit. I returned it and got a Yoshi 4-1 and all was good. I can see a small independent manufacturer having fitment issues on a header system and it sucks it went that way for you. On the slip-ons I don't see in being nearly as complicated and with me keeping the stock header I can buy the Yoshi heatshields separately to cover up that ugly junction. All I'm looking for is a better sound and something sleeker than the stock massive mufflers. Looking through the pics and Youtube clips on multiple different bikes their slip-ons seem to be at least as good as early 2000's Two Brothers or Vance&Hines. Would I prefer the Yoshi ones? Sure. But I can't really justify spending nearly $1,000 for two mufflers or over $1,200 for the carbon fiber ones.

View attachment 1679312
View attachment 1679313
I'm absolutely not spending $2,000 on an exhaust either lol

I bought a pair of TRS Yoshimura, had them ceramic coated, and I'm going to mate them up against my Max Torque four into two header.

I also purchased carbon fiber tips.

I also purchased the 2 S-pipes for the R-77 dual slip-on muffler kit. Same diameters should sound and look good and perform even better.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been struggling with yosh slip ons myself. $1200 for carbon slip ons seems very steep and I just want to get rid of those ugly cans. Some noise would be nice also but I don't want to be obnoxious either. I'd like to travel on the bike and arrive at my destination with my hearing. I'd also like to not flash the bike just yet either. Maybe down the road when this is a second bike / track bike. I also looked into this companies header and everything I'd seen about it was mostly bad. Fitment issues mostly. Not to mention I believe they mail it to you it what appears to be a puzzle of pieces. But yosh and suzuki go together like pb and j. I had a yosh pipe on my gsxr6 back in 2000. But for 300 more you could have a chrome alien head full system, 150 more get you a yosh full system, not including flash, air filter and pair valve delete. But you know what they say, gotta pay to play.

Max Torque bad ?. Martin's a good guy. Been my experience. :dunno:
I didn’t say it was bad, just my opinion on the little bit of research I did on the product, the dual header specifically. It was enough for me to say I’ll pass. I don’t know Martin but I’m sure he’s great. Maybe I’ll take another look at there slipons. I just think Yosh knocked the styling out of the park with there slipons. There’s not really much around anymore for these bikes like back in the day.

Ev Electric Motorcycle GIF by Qulbix

View attachment 1680840
Ford does this in their ICE V6 Mustangs and F-150s so the driver thinks they are in a V8....

Lame.....

View attachment 1681575
See how heavy that thing is...? It's heavier than my Ram pickup by around 800lbs.......crazy......

200.gif

View attachment 1682212
Red, the link you provided is the OP complaining about an '02 Ram......the newer Rams use a different transmission and are pretty stout.

The jury is out on this Hurricane engine...the entire premise behind it was better economy but it only gets 1 mpg more than my Hemi...it makes more power but who needs that much power in a pick up truck anyway...

I remember the days when our old Ford pickups had a small straight six, a 3 on the tree and 2 wheel drive and we made out just fine...

Red, the link you provided is the OP complaining about an '02 Ram......the newer Rams use a different transmission and are pretty stout.

The jury is out on this Hurricane engine...the entire premise behind it was better economy but it only gets 1 mpg more than my Hemi...it makes more power but who needs that much power in a pick up truck anyway...

I remember the days when our old Ford pickups had a small straight six, a 3 on the tree and 2 wheel drive and we made out just fine...
and the days where a Honda Accord was smaller that a Nissan Versa is, was carbureted and still got better mileage.

Back