Ordering Exhaust today....

TheGza

Registered
Been hard to choose, between Brocks, Akra, Yoshi or M4.

Withall that said, I think I'm ready to order the Yoshimura AT full system. Coming to this decision took into account price, value and performance. I've had bad experience with the m for in the past, always had good experience with Yoshi I have no experience with rocks but I feel like if I was going to spend that much I would buy what I know and get the Akra. In the end I'm choosing Yoshimura I think there is a large enough price Gap that the extra money doesn't want the cost of the Akraover the Yoshi. Any thoughts?

I also feel for the price difference I can order a bike lift so I may do the work myself and save a ton more $$$. I have incredibly bad knee and hip from an accident and no way can get on the ground to do my own thing!!!

Withall that said, I think I'm ready to order the Yoshimura AT full system. Coming to this decision took into account price, value and performance. I've had bad experience with the m for in the past, always had good experience with Yoshi I have no experience with rocks but I feel like if I was going to spend that much I would buy what I know and get the Akra. In the end I'm choosing Yoshimura I think there is a large enough price Gap that the extra money doesn't want the cost of the Akraover the Yoshi. Any thoughts?

I also feel for the price difference I can order a bike lift so I may do the work myself and save a ton more $$$. I have incredibly bad knee and hip from an accident and no way can get on the ground to do my own thing!!!
It is well known around the forum that yoshi is not the pipe to get peak HP out of the busa, but looks great and is not too expensive. I went with the r77 full system since I didn’t want an exhaust too loud for me like the alien head and like how the carbon stays cooler than other materials. I’ve had m4 retro slip-ons, r77 slip-ons, those r77s mated to a Vance and Hines header and now a yoshi full system. I do miss the wider looking rear end with the dual r77s and will probably go back to that at some point, but again, I’m not looking to get peak HP out of my bike and care more about the looks. She is fast enough already. Good luck on your search.

I have always been a fan of Yosh systems....they perform well and although they may not get the peak power out of the bike on paper, dynos have shown them to be within 2-3hp-something you would never notice.

Aside from one Suzuki bike I had which had a Hindle Ti system, I've always used Yosh systems.

Installed the AT2 system two weeks ago, pain in the backside. Pull the radiator to simplify the install. Yosh wants you to remove the exhaust port gaskets, I called them about that. I also ordered the db killer. that exhaust is very loud, db killer didnt make much of a difference tho.

Order the brocks CT Full system and get the best of peak hp , looks and weight reduction. ** Use my personal discount code: Pcoop5 and save money on your entire order.

Screenshot_20220514-000040_Gallery.jpg

@mabupa agreed,i do t need to have the absolute peek horsepower exhaust, ultimately it needs to look good, sound good, take weight off and not lose any hp or torque. I don't spend a lot of time in the 170-190mph range so I'd be more conserned with the torque
See, exhaust threads are similar to tire, chain, air filter, riding gear and brake threads...everyone has their favorite....

The decision has to be yours and yours alone...you will get a million opinions on this subject.

agreed,i do t need to have the absolute peek horsepower exhaust, ultimately it needs to look good, sound good, take weight off and not lose any hp or torque. I don't spend a lot of time in the 170-190mph range so I'd be more conserned with the torque
I ride with a guy that has a silver/red Gen 3 he went with Yosh full system. He loves it. I think the Yosh looks and sounds great. I went with the M4 myself I think you would be very happy with either.

Did you use a torque wrench and if so do you remember the spec? I think I need to buy one as I'd be nervous doing it by hand.
And I can't remember whether you are supposed to grease the bolts, or is there some high temp Loctite you're supposed to use? It's been a few years.

Put Anti-Seize on all 8 header bolts.
Snug them all evenly by hand, not tight, make sure all 4 gaskets are seated correctly, that all 4 bolt plates are drawn down evenly side to side, and that the lower mount/hanger is only hand tight.
Now torque the 8 downtube bolts.
Torque the lower mount, inspect that nothing is in a bind, then go back and torque the bolts again, they will have 'settled', and will turn a little more to reach torque spec.
The 8 downtube bolts are Allen-heads too.
So make sure you have the correct size metric socket and that it's properly seated, so not to strip the allen hex in the bolt.

Back
Top Bottom