Welp, love it or hate, we made a change

Next ... , bottomless leather chaps with matching cap / vest , fresh from San Francisco ....:laugh: .
In all seriousness , I can see a bike built for comfort and a non stressed approach to speed as a good thing for long distance rides with your favorite pillion . Lets face it , HD have been doing it pretty well for a long time , so regardless of competition , a sound choice IMHO .
But personally would of kept the Busa as well !!:rolleyes:

I used to be 1 of those guys who was a die hard sportbike Busa rider. Used to look and hear those Harley’s and just laugh. Then 1 day out n about this caught my eye and something inside me said I just had to have it!!!!
A340635A-D7DF-44D7-B4EC-81F5543CC097.jpeg

Totally different riding experience but I still had fun. Then 1 day I managed to take advantage of a demo ride day and put some miles on a “Bagger”. Thought they were Old Mans Bikes but once I got on it and felt how comfortable and convenient it was ie 6 Gallon tank, Cruise, Radio, storage etc. I knew I was in trouble!!!

Then I laid eyes on my 15 Road Glide Special..... seen it in a commercial and advertisement. Knew that’s what I wanted!!!
E98863E0-8F74-46D1-B5B5-5804327215E3.jpeg

So here I am...... is she heavy? Yeah! Is she fast? Fast enough to get me where I wanna go!!!! Don’t have much experience with older HD’s but last year I hopped on this bike and rode 9 1/2 hours straight down to TN for a Dragon weekend trip. Rode all day throughout all those technical backroads rain and shine. Then hopped back on it the next day and rode another 9 1/2 hours back home. I had zero issues whatsoever after compiling almost 1,500 miles in 3 days. The bike rarely if ever dropped below 75mph on the highway.

So yeah on paper it’s a big heavy underpowered tractor on 2 wheels. But there’s intangibles and a certain feeling I get when I’m on it that can’t be quantified on a dump chart. Something things you just have to try before you knock..... You never know what doors might open

I used to be 1 of those guys who was a die hard sportbike Busa rider. Used to look and hear those Harley’s and just laugh. Then 1 day out n about this caught my eye and something inside me said I just had to have it!!!!
View attachment 1579865

Totally different riding experience but I still had fun. Then 1 day I managed to take advantage of a demo ride day and put some miles on a “Bagger”. Thought they were Old Mans Bikes but once I got on it and felt how comfortable and convenient it was ie 6 Gallon tank, Cruise, Radio, storage etc. I knew I was in trouble!!!

Then I laid eyes on my 15 Road Glide Special..... seen it in a commercial and advertisement. Knew that’s what I wanted!!!
View attachment 1579866

So here I am...... is she heavy? Yeah! Is she fast? Fast enough to get me where I wanna go!!!! Don’t have much experience with older HD’s but last year I hopped on this bike and rode 9 1/2 hours straight down to TN for a Dragon weekend trip. Rode all day throughout all those technical backroads rain and shine. Then hopped back on it the next day and rode another 9 1/2 hours back home. I had zero issues whatsoever after compiling almost 1,500 miles in 3 days. The bike rarely if ever dropped below 75mph on the highway.

So yeah on paper it’s a big heavy underpowered tractor on 2 wheels. But there’s intangibles and a certain feeling I get when I’m on it that can’t be quantified on a dump chart. Something things you just have to try before you knock..... You never know what doors might open

Awesome bikes bro. I like the Vrod, but not what we need for trips. We looked hard at the Street Glide, but wanted the fork mounted upper, that is a beautiful bike you have there. I want to ride to the east coast, and I believe this bike will do it with ease.

As I posted in one of my posts. I have also traded my old Busa out for a Harley. But, I missed my Busa, so I did what any one would do who misses one bike. Buy another one, and have them both. So, I have my Harley Ultra Classic, and My Hayabusa! The Harley is for long distant rides and if I just want to relax and chill ride. But the Falcon, continues to jump out of the garage and spin heads. Maybe many of you will do the same. But since I live in Milwaukee Wisconsin, Home of Harley, may as well enjoy Life with the 2 best Bikes!

As I posted in one of my posts. I have also traded my old Busa out for a Harley. But, I missed my Busa, so I did what any one would do who misses one bike. Buy another one, and have them both. So, I have my Harley Ultra Classic, and My Hayabusa! The Harley is for long distant rides and if I just want to relax and chill ride. But the Falcon, continues to jump out of the garage and spin heads. Maybe many of you will do the same. But since I live in Milwaukee Wisconsin, Home of Harley, may as well enjoy Life with the 2 best Bikes!

Funny you say that, of all the bikes I have owned over the years, the one that sticks out the most in my memory is my first Busa, my 05. My wife cried when we sold that bike.

Funny you say that, of all the bikes I have owned over the years, the one that sticks out the most in my memory is my first Busa, my 05. My wife cried when we sold that bike.

It will come the day that you walk out to your garage and say, "this spot right here, right next to the Harley, would be a Great spot for another Hayabusa"!

Well I joke because it's very entertaining (at least for me) but as someone who also recently "went upright" too I am there with you on the comfort and distance capability. I was wondering about the fork mounted vs frame mounted fairing. Seems like putting the fairing on the forks would make them more difficult to turn. Can you elaborate on this?

Well I joke because it's very entertaining (at least for me) but as someone who also recently "went upright" too I am there with you on the comfort and distance capability. I was wondering about the fork mounted vs frame mounted fairing. Seems like putting the fairing on the forks would make them more difficult to turn. Can you elaborate on this?

It may provide a little more weight in low speed turns (like less than 5mph), but it does not appear to affect the bike in any other way. The Road Glide has a frame mounted upper which I really like the look of, but it seems too far from the rider for my tastes. I wanted to be able to reach the touch screen. Really, when I think about it the weight for me is the heaviest just as I am stopping to park and I am slowly getting used to it. In the research I did on the Road Glide compared to the Ultra, the Road Glide handled better according to riders. The Ultra weighs slightly less than the Road Glide. Here is one of the comparisons between the two bikes. Cant go wrong either way, just my preference. http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-out...ectra-glide-ultra-classic-vs-road-glide-ultra

It may provide a little more weight in low speed turns (like less than 5mph), but it does not appear to affect the bike in any other way. The Road Glide has a frame mounted upper which I really like the look of, but it seems too far from the rider for my tastes. I wanted to be able to reach the touch screen. Really, when I think about it the weight for me is the heaviest just as I am stopping to park and I am slowly getting used to it. In the research I did on the Road Glide compared to the Ultra, the Road Glide handled better according to riders. The Ultra weighs slightly less than the Road Glide. Here is one of the comparisons between the two bikes. Cant go wrong either way, just my preference. http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-out...ectra-glide-ultra-classic-vs-road-glide-ultra
I myself would choose the Road Glide over the Ultra. The Batwing Fairing on the Ultra/Street Glide/Electra Glide is a problem with many riders. The "Death Wobble" is a Major issue. The Road Glide dont have that issue since the fairing isn't mounted to the forks.

There is hundreds of threads on Harley forums of Road Glide vs Street Glide owners battling over the frame vs fork mounted fairing differences. I know for me the Road Glide feels planted on the highway. Very little if any turbulence/ handling issues on windy days or passing semi’s. Never owned a Street Glide so I can’t give an honest opinion. I know the Street is a helluva lot more popular so I guess most people don’t seem to care. You go to any bike rally and the roads are covered in Street Glides!!!!! I picked mine because I like the way it looked vs the Street Glide. Sooo many guys have em I wanted to be a little different. Now it seems like the Roadies are trending so I’m seeing more and more on the road now go figure.......

I myself would choose the Road Glide over the Ultra. The Batwing Fairing on the Ultra/Street Glide/Electra Glide is a problem with many riders. The "Death Wobble" is a Major issue. The Road Glide dont have that issue since the fairing isn't mounted to the forks.

Can you tell me more about the batwing problem. I have heard of it but know nothing about it. Havent even adjusted mine.

Supposedly because the fairing is mounted on the forks the handling and stability of the bike under strong wind gusts.

So if your riding down the highway and you catch a strong blast from a vehicle or something it can pull the bike in a certain direction. Again I’ve never rode a Street Glide in those kind of conditions but I’ve read guys complaining how they get sucked towards a semi or @ higher speeds experience a light front end that causes a death wobble

Supposedly because the fairing is mounted on the forks the handling and stability of the bike under strong wind gusts.

So if your riding down the highway and you catch a strong blast from a vehicle or something it can pull the bike in a certain direction. Again I’ve never rode a Street Glide in those kind of conditions but I’ve read guys complaining how they get sucked towards a semi or @ higher speeds experience a light front end that causes a death wobble

Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense. Will have to keep an eye on the issue. No issues so far with lane splitting, but then again I dont blast by trucks or buses, most move out of the way for me. Thinking through that I could see how if the upper catches wind it would have to move the bars. Hmm, something to think about...

Never had any issues with my Street Glides due to the fairing . I am on my 3rd Glide and no issues . As for the death wobble , haven’t had any issues here . The death wobble has been linked to some steering head bearings ( Per my dealer ) . Also , if you overload your bike and don’t have the rear suspension set up properly for added weight then it will cause the bike to be light in the front which can cause front end fade or light steering . Just my opinion ..

Back