Welp, love it or hate, we made a change

Congrats and enjoy!!!!

We did the same thing, but I kept my Busa. The first year we really enjoyed the Harley and did a ton of rides with our local Harley chapter. Second year it slowed down a bit. Then the Harley got sold and it was a difficult sell as there are tons of used Harleys for sale. The Busa remains in the family, not used much, but it sits waiting for the odd occasion when I need a rush or the wife gets the itch to ride.

Congrats and enjoy!!!!

We did the same thing, but I kept my Busa. The first year we really enjoyed the Harley and did a ton of rides with our local Harley chapter. Second year it slowed down a bit. Then the Harley got sold and it was a difficult sell as there are tons of used Harleys for sale. The Busa remains in the family, not used much, but it sits waiting for the odd occasion when I need a rush or the wife gets the itch to ride.

I have to give props to the Harley Community. I bought a FXDWG to spend some time with my little brother on his Fat Boy and was impressed with the warm camaraderie in the Harley shows and get-togethers.
The other thing is I never got a ticket on the Harley cause I never went over the speed limit (Hell the speed limit is near the bikes top end :lol:)
But I can still eat more miles on my Busa.

I have to say I am impressed with this bike. It handles well and has all the power I need, no Busa, but the big girl can get around. My first big tour bike was a Beemer, it was great but I do like this riding position. One thing that stands above beyond anything else, Juli and are excited about this bike and can't wait to put some miles on it.

I have to say I am impressed with this bike. It handles well and has all the power I need, no Busa, but the big girl can get around. My first big tour bike was a Beemer, it was great but I do like this riding position. One thing that stands above beyond anything else, Juli and are excited about this bike and can't wait to put some miles on it.

I will say that the HABs perform very well - I regret bad mouthing them for so long... I mean, I will ride anything, but after years of watching unhappy endings for Harley Dragon adventures, I was apprehensive. I hit the Dragon a week after getting Betty, and had an absolute blast... I left the CRoT and I was completely comfortable by the time I hit the border.

Besides, you know if you are in my neck of the words, you always have a Busa to ride!

I know Julie has been a Trooper all these years hanging on the back and being a good sport about it all. She sure has earned a better seat and more comfortable ride... Remember that time I cleaned her visor with pledge? HAHAHAAHAHAA what a sport!

I know Julie has been a Trooper all these years hanging on the back and being a good sport about it all. She sure has earned a better seat and more comfortable ride... Remember that time I cleaned her visor with pledge? HAHAHAAHAHAA what a sport!

I do remember that day, she cried in her helmet all the way down the mountain. LOL

I will say that the HABs perform very well - I regret bad mouthing them for so long... I mean, I will ride anything, but after years of watching unhappy endings for Harley Dragon adventures, I was apprehensive. I hit the Dragon a week after getting Betty, and had an absolute blast... I left the CRoT and I was completely comfortable by the time I hit the border.

Besides, you know if you are in my neck of the words, you always have a Busa to ride!

I feel the same way. I do find I have to be conscious of the bar input, they want to turn, have to remember to put pressure on the inside bar and lean her over! Thanks Shawn, I hope to be in your neck of the woods soon, I am accruing vacation as fast as I can.

Love it James and Welcome to the slo side of life . I made the jump to a Street Glide many years ago and haven't looked back . Wife and I can finally ride together alot more and nothing hurts LOL...

Love it James and Welcome to the slo side of life . I made the jump to a Street Glide many years ago and haven't looked back . Wife and I can finally ride together alot more and nothing hurts LOL...
Right on Bob, that is the reason for the change for us. We love it so far. Am due for my 1000 mile check in next weekend.

Nice , Have around 6,300 on mine right now and hopefully some more between May & June . Going to Eureka Springs and hitting the roads down there and what ever else I can come up with . Nice time to waste 4 weeks of Vacation LOL . You 2 be safe and Enjoy the New Couch ....

Back