Welp, love it or hate, we made a change

You guys scare the *&*& out of me with your "old and fat."

Get a dirt bike, hit single track, hydroplane over river crossings and when you realize you are too old for that stuff, get in shape and try again until you are young and healthy again.:moon:

LOL, I am not really old and fat, was just ready for a change that my wife and I both can enjoy. I love riding this bike. And btw, I will be throwing up the 450r and the 150 for sale sometime before summer. They dont get ridden, and I can always pick another dirt bike up if I change my mind. Been eyeing those side by sides for some time, a turbo CanAm looks awesome!

Pipes to come with the Stage 1 kit. Just not sure on the brand I want.

Directcycles.com or Revzilla have the best prices for HD aftermarket parts. I didn’t want to get crazy on the performance side for my HD. There’s guys that dump a chit ton of $$$ in their Harley’s motor but I still have my Busa so I’ve been down that rabbit hole and dont wanna do it again.

I went with a V&H setup. I chose a 2 into 1 exhaust the Pro-Pipe. It helped drop some weight and definitely added a few ponies. Then I chose thier VO2 high flow air filter. It fits behind the stock air filter cover so it was significantly cheaper than some of the other brands/models. For tuning I went with the V&H FP3 fuel pack. That little thing is awesome!!! You set everything up through your smartphone. It pairs with your bike and they have hundreds of different configurations to choose from. Pick the pipe and air filter system your running and it will flash a map straight to your ECM. You can then setup the auto tune feature run a couple tanks of gas through and it will modify the map to your riding style to really dial it in.

Like I said no need to pay hundreds for a dyno tune.... bike instantly had more power and ran smoother & cooler. Which is all I was really looking for in my Harley. If I want speed I’ll pull the Busa out of the garage

LOL, I am not really old and fat, was just ready for a change that my wife and I both can enjoy. I love riding this bike. And btw, I will be throwing up the 450r and the 150 for sale sometime before summer. They dont get ridden, and I can always pick another dirt bike up if I change my mind. Been eyeing those side by sides for some time, a turbo CanAm looks awesome!

Just giving you grief. I always joke that I will eventually get a bagger. If they still exist, I want a Victory Magnum. Red/Black. I already have it picked out. But with victory closing and Polaris shifting focus to Indian, I might have to find another bagger to love.

I would sure like a late build V rod in my stable one day . Always keeping my Busa +, but I do like the look of that tough cruiser . I have heard one equipped with some type V&H comp pipe ?? , anyway , it really snapped , an authoritative sharp note .

Directcycles.com or Revzilla have the best prices for HD aftermarket parts. I didn’t want to get crazy on the performance side for my HD. There’s guys that dump a chit ton of $$$ in their Harley’s motor but I still have my Busa so I’ve been down that rabbit hole and dont wanna do it again.

I went with a V&H setup. I chose a 2 into 1 exhaust the Pro-Pipe. It helped drop some weight and definitely added a few ponies. Then I chose thier VO2 high flow air filter. It fits behind the stock air filter cover so it was significantly cheaper than some of the other brands/models. For tuning I went with the V&H FP3 fuel pack. That little thing is awesome!!! You set everything up through your smartphone. It pairs with your bike and they have hundreds of different configurations to choose from. Pick the pipe and air filter system your running and it will flash a map straight to your ECM. You can then setup the auto tune feature run a couple tanks of gas through and it will modify the map to your riding style to really dial it in.

Like I said no need to pay hundreds for a dyno tune.... bike instantly had more power and ran smoother & cooler. Which is all I was really looking for in my Harley. If I want speed I’ll pull the Busa out of the garage

I don't get why all bikes don't do that or why someone like Dynojet hasn't offered it. Could it be that they sell dynos?

Young man, try getting a dirt bike with licence plates. Then you can go where the Harly goes at the same speed, but also everywhere else. Then it is no longer about the bike, it is about exploring this pretty country of ours off the beaten track. Just make sure it is not too far North of 300 lbs., or even under that if you can. I have ridden this little bike on the Trans American Trail, all the way from Tennessee to Portland Oregon, best ride of my life. It stays ahead of a bagger up to around 80mph and can get to 100, if a little "wobbly" does not scare you.

012-3.jpg

Countyroad.jpg

A Can-AM???????? It's all about losing weight brother!

When I grow up to be 70 years old, gonna go back to the track on my Kakasaki. :moon:

Kawasaki.jpg

Last edited:
I don't get why all bikes don't do that or why someone like Dynojet hasn't offered it. Could it be that they sell dynos?

Yeah Arch I have no clue??? It was absolutely painless settings my HD. Since I bought the bike New I wasn’t having the dealership do the 1k service. I had them throw on the pipe, air filter and a few other things while it was there. The service manager was always cool with me and he was asking me how I planned on dyno tuning my bike since I put a full exhaust on it??? I think they charged around $350or so. I said with this..... and held up my phone. I watched a few YouTube videos on it like 100 times so I knew exactly what to do.

Hooked up the FP3 to my bike synced it with my phone and immediately all my bikes info popped up. Full diagnostic/code check capability, speedo, engine temp etc. He was amazed!!! Selected the map I wanted flashed it and was riding off in less than 15 minutes! 10,000 miles later still running strong

Yeah Arch I have no clue??? It was absolutely painless settings my HD. Since I bought the bike New I wasn’t having the dealership do the 1k service. I had them throw on the pipe, air filter and a few other things while it was there. The service manager was always cool with me and he was asking me how I planned on dyno tuning my bike since I put a full exhaust on it??? I think they charged around $350or so. I said with this..... and held up my phone. I watched a few YouTube videos on it like 100 times so I knew exactly what to do.

Hooked up the FP3 to my bike synced it with my phone and immediately all my bikes info popped up. Full diagnostic/code check capability, speedo, engine temp etc. He was amazed!!! Selected the map I wanted flashed it and was riding off in less than 15 minutes! 10,000 miles later still running strong

Question on the fuel pack. .... I've heard dealerships with void warranties if they see them? Any experience from your dealer?

Question on the fuel pack. .... I've heard dealerships with void warranties if they see them? Any experience from your dealer?

Yes if your HD is 2017 and newer any aftermarket tuners or exhaust for that matter the dealershipn is required to report it and HD will void your warranty. They got slapped with a fine by the EPA for millions of dollars so they are cracking down. Now my bike is a 2015 so I’m exempt. If you have a really good relationship with your dealer they can overlook it. Which some are known to do. But if you ever have a warranty issue engine related HD will check and see if your ECM has been flashed or aftermarket parts added on and cancel your warranty. A lot of guys don’t care and wrench their own stuff so it’s not a big deal for them

Back