US GP

Does anyone know the differences in lap times for young Ben in both races? Weren't Mat and Ben turning 21s and 22s? Mat looked very strong today. What was the Doctor's best time?

Fantastic race. Really happy that Rossi stuck it to Stoner. Stoner made a real arse out himself in the post race interview on BBC. Rossi on the other hand said, "This is racing, No?"(in an italian accent.)
cool.gif

If it had been stoner that stuck it to Vale then he would have just accepted it as racing.

Now, here's my theory. I've been saying this for years. Rossi goes well when he has an enemy. Think back to Biaggi and Gibernau. He has always used the "win it or bin it" philosophy when he has someone he dislikes challenging him. I'm hoping the Stoner will keep up this bulls**t and give Rossi a reason to dislike him. Can't wait for Brno.

stoner & rossi were in the 21's

spies was in the 22-23 range on the GP bike and his avg for the superbike race was 1'25.125 so im sure he had a couple of laps in the 24's. he did have the 6th fastest lap in the gp race with a 1'22.966 on lap 27 so he was getting better as the race went on. all he needs is more seat time.

rossi's best was a 1'21.713 on lap 17
stoner's best was a 1'21.488 on lap 15

rossi beat the chump, i mean champ on a slower bike. gotta love it!

cbandit i agree with you 100%!! stoner and company better shut up before rossi gets fired up!

Casey Stoner "“ Second Placed
`The mistake I made past halfway was mine; I ran a little wide and lost the front on the turn as I tried to get back on track. It was race over after that. I enjoyed a lot of the race, but I felt that some of the passes a bit too much for me. I´ve been racing for a lot of years and have come through a lot of different ranks, and for me just a couple of passes were a little too much. I would have liked to have had a little bit of a cleaner battle, but anyway we are happy with the result. We´re still at the front of the championship and not too far off.´

Questioning some of Rossi´s tactics Stoner went on to say, `I have been racing for a long time and I have seen a lot of close overtaking passes. I have had them done on me, I´ve done them myself and there is close riding, aggressive riding and then the point that is a little bit over that line.´

Stoner´s boss in the Ducati Marlboro team, Livio Suppo, added, `It was a big battle, a nice battle. It is a bit of a pity because Casey had great pace all weekend and Valentino did well to stop him. Otherwise I think if he would have been able to lead he would have gone off alone, but that is racing. Maybe Valentino sometimes was a little bit over the limit but that can happen.´

I dunno, I'd call cutting a corner thru sand a little over the limit. if it wasn't, they'd ALL be doing that. Rossi almost lost it there too. Some luck, some skill for that recovery.

That said, Rossi was butter and stoner was kicking his bike around all over the place. I'd never seen stoner race before. Was that normal for him? Either way, his faster bike was beaten by "smooth", beaten by THE RIDER... as is always the case

Rossi is not human... One heck of a race, very exciting, indeed... I almost fell of my couch when Rossi came close to losing it down in the corkscrew...

The time Rossi ran through the gravel in the corkscrew it was a mistake.  He actually lost time there because he was in front of Stoner going down the corkscrew and after he came out of the gravel Stoner was right beside him and Rossi almost took them both out.  So Rossi's trip in the gravel was not a short cut, he actually lost time and almost crashed.

Stoner refusing Rossi's hand and complaining about some of Rossi's moves is only going to make it worse for him.  Not to mention, what about Stoner attempt at passing in T3?  Was that not sticking it up inside Rossi.  Rossi never complained about that did he?

Maybe Stoner's too used to being way out front and riding by himself. It was a crazy moment, but Rossi was past him before he went into the dirt. Moto GP needs more one-on-one battles like this.

rossi IS the man!! he wasnt having any of stoners crap today. he jammed it in his face and made him like it!! little whiney girl. i knew when it got physical stoner was done....and he was!

just being a little harsh. it was a great race but i was glad rossi got over on stoner for a change.
laugh.gif
clap.gif

rossi IS the man!! he wasnt having any of stoners crap today. he jammed it in his face and made him like it!! little whiney girl. i knew when it got physical stoner was done....and he was!

just being a little harsh. it was a great race but i was glad rossi got over on stoner for a change.
laugh.gif

clap.gif

No saygbye!! Pour it on bro!! It's about time the MASTER stood up to Stoner!! He got pwned!! He got served!!! yo yo yo!!! ROSSIFUMI!!!

My only complaint is Stoner's crash. I wish he kept it up on two wheels b/c I wanted to see an entire race with Stoner gettin b**ch slapped!! HAHAHAHA!!!
laugh.gif
thumb_up.gif
clap.gif

laugh.gif

clap.gif

I dunno, I'd call cutting a corner thru sand a little over the limit.  if it wasn't, they'd ALL be doing that.  Rossi almost lost it there too.  Some luck, some skill for that recovery.

That said, Rossi was butter and stoner was kicking his bike around all over the place.  I'd never seen stoner race before.  Was that normal for him?  Either way, his faster bike was beaten by "smooth", beaten by THE RIDER... as is always the case
+1!

Actually, I think Rossi was over the limit, reset it, and gave the new standard to "the Limit." Now it's just called limitless.

"Actually, I think Rossi was over the limit, reset it, and gave the new standard to "the Limit." Now it's just called limitless."

How about calling it the 'Rossi Corkscrew'?
clap.gif

Wow! Did not realize we had so many Rossi fans around here!

I dunno about all the Rossi 'owned anyone' comments....Yep, his team hit the setup, the Yam was smooth and the Desmo was bucking around like a ZX10 with with bent forks!
I found it awesome (perhaps a little odd) that in the highest tier of motorcycle racing the guy running second could dump it in the gravel, get off, pick it back up and start riding again and not even lose his spot in second place!

Back