Update to my Dupont Chain Lube thread.

Has anyone ever tried this?

Kleen Lube - Home

I found it at VIR a few weeks ago. I am trying it now and will keep you posted on how it works. It cost me 11 bucks. Now as cheep as DuPont but the guy had such a good sales pitch i had to try it. I have 2 cans of DuPont on hand just in case.

This is GOOD STUFF. After a Bash weekend including some wet weather, my chain still looks like I just cleaned it! Highly recommended!

I realize this is an old thread but....

I picked up some of the Dupont stuff today and am ready to give it a try. Do I first need to clean the chain thoroughly and remove the old traditional lube or can I just spray this stuff on and it will work like magic?

I realize this is an old thread but....

I picked up some of the Dupont stuff today and am ready to give it a try. Do I first need to clean the chain thoroughly and remove the old traditional lube or can I just spray this stuff on and it will work like magic?

You don't HAVE to, but it wouldn't hurt. Just get a lil' kerosene and clean it off.

You have the tough job of cleaning off the old lube as the Dupont will not cut the old lube. Once it is clean, give it a good spray with the Dupont, then let it sit and dry, usually over night and your good to go. No slinging, no mess. You have to let it dry first before riding or it will sling off. In Florida at 90+ degrees, it dries quick, up north, it might take 4 hours.

Congratualtions though, you will never have the hassle of cleaning your chain again! If you have anything that might cause rust on the chain, like salt water etc, just give it a respray after you get water on your chain. This would be at the end of the night or next morning. Good Luck!

My chain is still clean, after bash and trackday...amazing....

I found that the Dupont stuff does a good job of cleaning the old gunk off. Quite happy with it. Well I did go thru a can of it the first time cleaning the chain with a brush and some rags. Can't find kerosene in SO. FL.

i started using repsol chain lube... seems to be best ive used so far. will wait a couple more days and right up a thread with info

I just went to lowes this evening and got some, I was just about to search for this thread to make sure i got the right stuff, I did:beerchug:

You can clean your chain with WD40, It works great at cleaning chain
getting tar off body parts, Its real good at spraying on a rag to clean your rims
Mike

i need to get ahold of kevin and ask again what was that lube he had me use when i was at his house...i liked it even better than the dupont

Back