Tricked out Hayabusa or stock - which one would you buy?

I'm in the market for a used Hayabusa. There are some stock Gen 3's at dealers going for about $16K, then there is All Things Chrome in TN that sells tricked out Busa's like the one in the vid below.
This particular one is a 2020 with 10K miles, 360 fat tire, custom paint and "dripping in chrome" as the sales guy says. But it's $25K which is stupid high and is frankly out of my budget. And for sure, the bike's value would drop like a rock after a year or so. But I can't stop thinking about this bike.
They also have offered cheaper custom bikes in the past but they sell quickly.

Here's the part I'm wrestling with - I like the new Gen 3's styling and quick shifter (and cheaper used price) but bone stock bores me after a while. I'm captivated by the YouTube vids I see of custom Busas with fat tires all chromed out and All Things Chrome already has some for sale so I don't have to do the customizing myself.

Thoughts?

I personally like a bike in stock/slighted modified form, these stretched and blinged out bikes aren't for me....but they are for someone and that could be you...

I out of love with the fat tire look after someone earlier in this thread posted about how hard it is to corner with that set up.
I’m sticking with just the basics - a full exhaust, flashed ECU and Sprint air filter

Did you get the bike you put the offer ?

The fat tire kit will kill the performance on speed and corners. It's just a show bike for cruising around slow.

I out of love with the fat tire look after someone earlier in this thread posted about how hard it is to corner with that set up.
I’m sticking with just the basics - a full exhaust, flashed ECU and Sprint air filter
Hi
Can the sprint filter and go with a DNA filter. Check out Mike Miller on ypu tube.

New Filter GIF

Hi
Can the sprint filter and go with a DNA filter. Check out Mike Miller on ypu tube.

View attachment 1678252
Air filter talk is the same as chains, oils, seats, etc.....

I've always used K&N filters myself with zero issues...

Even met a K&N research team in Afghanistan who were testing filters in military vehicles.....never met any other filter researchers.

Air filter talk is the same as chains, oils, seats, etc.....

I've always used K&N filters myself with zero issues...

Even met a K&N research team in Afghanistan who were testing filters in military vehicles.....never met any other filter researchers.
Hi. Mike Miller has done a lot of testing on filters and found a lot of dirt in air boxes with other filters and a lot less after ih replaces them with DNA filters. So on my bike for street use I will use the DNA filter on my turbo bike and other street bike that I have.

Hi. Mike Miller has done a lot of testing on filters and found a lot of dirt in air boxes with other filters and a lot less after ih replaces them with DNA filters. So on my bike for street use I will use the DNA filter on my turbo bike and other street bike that I have.
Yep, like I said, the air filter discussion is just like all the other ones on tires and the like, ask ten people get ten opinions....

I was impressed the K&N filters kept out the talcum powder like sand in Afghanistan....but that is extreme use and generally our bikes wouldn't be subjected to that...hopefully....

So to complete the circle I ended up getting a used 2022 White/blue Gen 3 with some tasteful extras - full M4 exhaust, Sprint air filter, Moore flashed ECU, T-rex frame sliders and Yoshimura tail tidy.
No fat tire, no added chrome, etc.

I had a great buying experience with Maali Motosports in Corona CA. The owner, Shahim, was great to work with, stayed in contact with me even after hours and even arranged the shipping to me here in Northern CA.

I got a much cheaper bike than the fat tire chromed out model I first looked at. And it has all the stuff I was going to add anyway if I'd bought a stocker.
I'm glad I did it!

So to complete the circle I ended up getting a used 2022 White/blue Gen 3 with some tasteful extras - full M4 exhaust, Sprint air filter, Moore flashed ECU, T-rex frame sliders and Yoshimura tail tidy.
No fat tire, no added chrome, etc.

I had a great buying experience with Maali Motosports in Corona CA. The owner, Shahim, was great to work with, stayed in contact with me even after hours and even arranged the shipping to me here in Northern CA.

I got a much cheaper bike than the fat tire chromed out model I first looked at. And it has all the stuff I was going to add anyway if I'd bought a stocker.
I'm glad I did it!

Nice deal. When I lived in San Jose I found the last 06 LE at a SoCal dealer (I forget which one ) and flew down on an early morning flight and rode it back on hiway 1 and 101. The dealer comped my air ticket.

Gratz geo I'm sure you'll enjoy your choice. as you get older you can always add the chrome and fat tire if you lose the war with your gut.

Back