Tricked out Hayabusa or stock - which one would you buy?

Black Mamba Motorcycle GIF by Moore Mafia

Yep, I now have my eye on a stock Busa at a dealer in San Diego and have put in an offer. The bike has been in their inventory since Dec and last week they lowered the price $700. I offered $1,000 below that so we'll see.
It appears lately that bikes aren't selling very fast so maybe I'll get a deal. Even that tricked out Busa at All Things Chrome is still sitting there.

I plan to add a Brocks exhaust, double bubble screen, tail tidy and Moore Mafia ECU flash to a stock bike and call it a day.

I'm in the market for a used Hayabusa. There are some stock Gen 3's at dealers going for about $16K, then there is All Things Chrome in TN that sells tricked out Busa's like the one in the vid below.
This particular one is a 2020 with 10K miles, 360 fat tire, custom paint and "dripping in chrome" as the sales guy says. But it's $25K which is stupid high and is frankly out of my budget. And for sure, the bike's value would drop like a rock after a year or so. But I can't stop thinking about this bike.
They also have offered cheaper custom bikes in the past but they sell quickly.

Here's the part I'm wrestling with - I like the new Gen 3's styling and quick shifter (and cheaper used price) but bone stock bores me after a while. I'm captivated by the YouTube vids I see of custom Busas with fat tires all chromed out and All Things Chrome already has some for sale so I don't have to do the customizing myself.

Thoughts?

Buying tricked out is buying someone else's style. You also hope that it's been modified properly.

The problem with buying tricked out bikes is many sellers try to make their money back on the work they've done, but it doesn't always work that way in reality unless it's unique and built by someone reputable.

It's a high price because the reseller can see it is shiny and someone will pay it non-the-wiser.

Yep, I now have my eye on a stock Busa at a dealer in San Diego and have put in an offer. The bike has been in their inventory since Dec and last week they lowered the price $700. I offered $1,000 below that so we'll see.
It appears lately that bikes aren't selling very fast so maybe I'll get a deal. Even that tricked out Busa at All Things Chrome is still sitting there.

I plan to add a Brocks exhaust, double bubble screen, tail tidy and Moore Mafia ECU flash to a stock bike and call it a day.

Add better front brake pads, stainless steel brake lines, and set your suspension sag.
Make it handle and stop better(lines improve feel, but the right pads will stop you sooner).
Proper suspension sag will improve handling And stopping too.
And, 90° valve stems, about $15-$20
You should check your tires before every ride, and they make it so much easier.

I haven't been keeping up on the discussion if it's still going but last I heard (a couple years back), the Gen2 is a stronger bike than the Gen3. I'll keep my Gen2 Hayabusa, thank you. Get a Gen2 ZX-14 if you want the top hyperbike. Suzuki pussed out.
You need an update then.

Swap a few parts and the Gen-3 is a much better bike.
Even stock it has a stronger more useable midrange, and my stock 3 is quicker 95% of the time than my mildly modded 2.

Gen-3 is the only Euro-5 bore bore hyper sport, the ZX14 apart from being outdated and low tech is already getting dropped from sale in many countries, Kawasaki have given up bring it up to date and invested in the H2 SX SE. De-Euro-5 the Gen 3 with cams, stacks etc and it’s as good as any of the rivals who can’t meet current Emissions and lack the 3’s features.

Current Gen-1, 2 and 3 owner, Ex-H2 SX owner, ridden a lot of ZX14’s.

That ‘swap a few parts’ business is the problem for me. Why should the buying public have to? Granted, everyone says the usable midrange power is better w/o any upgrades. What the public wanted though was a Hayabusa, compared to any bike on the planet to be the king of the competition. Who wins right now in a WOT run thru the quarter, half or full mile pure stock?

That ‘swap a few parts’ business is the problem for me. Why should the buying public have to? Granted, everyone says the usable midrange power is better w/o any upgrades. What the public wanted though was a Hayabusa, compared to any bike on the planet to be the king of the competition. Who wins right now in a WOT run thru the quarter, half or full mile pure stock?
Emissions bub, emissions... It's worldwide.

How many real sportscars are left in production these days???

I think your points are important to some riders but not important to other riders. I wanted a bike that pulls hard in the rpm range where I spend most of my time riding but I don't really care if it's the king of super bikes or how fast it runs on a track compared to the competition. So for me Suzuki did it right with the Gen III.

The “Swap a few parts” is to get something no manufacturer can now sell.
The Gen-3 does what the ZX14 and Gen-2 can’t. It sits in showrooms globally, the ZX and Gen-2 have been banned from sale in several markets. Suzuki are the only Japanese manufacturer to achieve this with a big bore hyper sport. Not only have they met Euro-5 but they offer a bike that has huge potential built into it for those that want it. Had the Gen-3 been a fraction quicker or faster than the Gen-2 owners would still be flashing them, adding pipes, filters etc.

Fastest out of the crate? No idea, maybe the Sports H2 / H2 Carbon ? Top speed in a straight line on a stock bike isn’t a brag for me, the H2 range no longer interest me.

The “Swap a few parts” is to get something no manufacturer can now sell.
The Gen-3 does what the ZX14 and Gen-2 can’t. It sits in showrooms globally, the ZX and Gen-2 have been banned from sale in several markets. Suzuki are the only Japanese manufacturer to achieve this with a big bore hyper sport. Not only have they met Euro-5 but they offer a bike that has huge potential built into it for those that want it. Had the Gen-3 been a fraction quicker or faster than the Gen-2 owners would still be flashing them, adding pipes, filters etc.

Fastest out of the crate? No idea, maybe the Sports H2 / H2 Carbon ? Top speed in a straight line on a stock bike isn’t a brag for me, the H2 range no longer interest me.
Yup no matter what Suzuki did with the Gen III people would still be seeking more power and adding all sorts of modifications to make it their bike.

I think your points are important to some riders but not important to other riders. I wanted a bike that pulls hard in the rpm range where I spend most of my time riding but I don't really care if it's the king of super bikes or how fast it runs on a track compared to the competition. So for me Suzuki did it right with the Gen III.
It’s a rare day I max out my bikes… acceleration is something i use all day, every day.

From a professional very experienced experienced rider on a Gen-3 …..

28BCDF24-C56C-4EF9-8800-AAA71D7FC796.jpeg

Back