Tre

(Johnnycheese @ Sep. 11 2006,21:43) I am still laughing

TRE
hahahahahahahaha
no need to even have one
Johnnycheese, you're a very well respected tuner and I'm sure for good reason, but I wish you could ride my bike with and without the TRE. This last question about different fuel maps for different gears...is that true? There has to be something about my set-up (HMF duals, 42T rear, PCIII) that is conducive to whatever the TRE does. Regardless, I did an hours worth of on/off  testing, and I swear there is a difference. I tried to get my wife to connect/disconnect the thing so I wouldn't know, but she's not very....mechanically inclined
smile.gif

The way the busa is setup, it sends diferent maps to each gear. It detects the voltage levels from somewhere(I have no clue where), and according to what the voltage is, it sends the map for that gear. The 1-4 gears all have the timing retarded, so you do not get as much power as it actually has. The 5th gear map has no timing retarding. The 6th gear map is retarded enough so that you will not get over 10,200 rpm. The TRE sends voltages of 6.2 (maybe 6.5, I dont remember right off the bat) to the CPU so it gets the 5th gear map sent to each gear, with no timing retardation you actually get the full power the bike has to offer for those gears. Since it has no retarding in 6th, you can actually get over the 10,200 rpm redline and get the full 195mph+ speeds because it bypasses the speed limiter using the 5th gear map.

Thats also why you see the change in fuel milage, because of the timing adjustments causing it to use more fuel.

I bought one and installed it and didn't like it at all, bike makes a weird sound when cracking the throttle, kinda like a bogging down sound so I removed it and I find bike performes alot better without it.....

I guess it changes from bike to bike. My 06 busa is bone stock, with the TRE being the only mod. I notice it is smoother in the lower gears, and more responsive in 6th. I have not had time to test it with hard riding yet, but I plan on getting my buddies GPS and doing a high speed pass or 2 to see what it gets me.

This still does not answer my question whether a TRE and a PC 3 will work together. I have seen several people who have the combination on these boards so I guess they have no real drawbacks.

I think a TRE does smooth out the engine a bit from the richer fuel mix that a 5th gear a/f ratio produces. Some people like the faster timing, but I think it makes the bike a bit too jumpy in the lower gears.

Try it and see if you like it. You can spend more than a hundred dollars on a kickstand, so a TRE isn't that big an investment. If you don't like it, pitch it in a drawer.

(Keefer @ Sep. 15 2006,14:41) I guess it changes from bike to bike.  My 06 busa is bone stock, with the TRE being the only mod.  I notice it is smoother in the lower gears, and more responsive in 6th.  I have not had time to test it with hard riding yet, but I plan on  getting my buddies GPS and doing a high speed pass or 2 to see what it gets me.

This still does not answer my question whether a TRE and a PC 3 will work together.  I have seen several people who have the combination on these boards so I guess they have no real drawbacks.
I running a PC USB 3 and it runs fine just load your maps first then install the TRE. you will find that ,Well let me refrase that .. I have talked to some guys that bought the cheaper versions of the TRE and they didnt care for it and the tried a Ivans Smart TRE and a GIPRO w/ATRE and loved it this is a huge debate between owners as you see.

There is ALWAYS a debate I think...lol. I got my TRE from JSD products. Was a cheap price (I think) and so far I am happy with it. An inexpensive mod to make. I still have not tested to see if it bypassed the speed limiter, but that will come in time :-)

I am waiting for some money to come in and plan on doing an Asaprovic 4-2-1 system for the midrange, along with a pc3, lojack (my first busa was stolen from my driveway), and a scorpion alarm. I will probably keep the TRE also.

You can have mine. Seemed to smooth the low end out at first, now I'm wondering if it really ever changed anything at all. Made the bike run even richer then before, now after 500 miles running ruff down low again. Free JD-3...who wants it?

I like my Ivan's TRE. Removes the low end jitters and gives me room to pass the limiter... one day. Was super cheap and easy to install, too.

(Johnnycheese @ Sep. 11 2006,21:43) I am still laughing

TRE
hahahahahahahaha
no need to even have one
Putting this in perspective...
IF JC was as talented with car stereos as he is with Busa's and he told me to install a pyramid amp with Kraco head unit...... I'd do it no questions asked!  
beerchug.gif

I still have not had a chance to test the top end numbers (Rev limiter) with my TRE, but on the trip to Thunder Beach Rally in PC this weekend, my milage actually went up. It went from 36.4 to 39.9 before the end of the trip. This was averaged from 80-90 mph speeds for 800 miles (round trip), and the multiple burnouts/wheelies that I had occasion to do. And I noticed the low gear smoothness from being in stop and go traffic on the strip. There is a DEFINATE difference from having one than not having one.

ok i`ve had mine off for about 200 miles of around town.
thing ive noticed
the cans are not as black from running to rich?
the real low end jitters are there again, but no real big deal, liked it better with the tre
hard to tell if it realy improves throtel responce? i can still power wheele real easy
i would need a dyno to realy tell a difrence.
has anyone done that?
dyno with and without a tre?
i know some are against them, but for the every day rider the only real downside to it is that it runs richer.
has anyone else tryed with and without? post your findings. good or bad

Hey.. Randy I did the same thing only that I had my bike for a couple of months dealing with the little harder shifting than I was used to on the GSXR 750 and a stubble also going on around town in the lower rpms , mostly around 2500-3000rpm range .To me coming up from a 750 to a 1300cc motor was a huge
Difference in power so I thought it was very responsive when I fist started riding the bike, so I joined the board and started listening to what the guys were talking about and heard about this TRE thing ....hummm
So I bought one. And the first thing I noticed was the shifting then the throttle response didn’t really care about the limiter but the stubble around town was 90% better than before without it. I said Cool .. So next came a pipe and then pair removal and small air box mod but now started to get the stubble back around town ****, so had a custom map done with the PC and the TRE. So he mapped the bike said he wanted to map it without the TRE, I said cool try it, he came back to me and said he was getting more hp. with the TRE on it than without it, Anywho its on the bike now and yes I have taken it off 1 time since then just to see if there was a noticeable difference.... and to me…. it is. I guess if you are happy with the out come and really notice these changes then you shouldn’t listen to everyone else just because they don’t, not every bike is the same I can map my bike with all the mods I have and have some one come over and put my map on there bike with the same mods as mine and most of the time you will not have the same outcome on performance .This is a true statement in my experience.

Peace
Bill

sportrider did a test on the gipro thats mentioned here and it actually made less power on there particular bike. tre's are a mystery anyways but if you have to have one the ivans smart tre is the best way to go. i did a test 3 or so years ago on my 01 gsxr 1k at the dyno in topeka ks and my bike made right at 3 more horse & a ft lb of tourqe with the tre attached granted its not much but it did do something and it was only $70.00

(tourbus @ Oct. 24 2006,07:28) sportrider did a test on the gipro thats mentioned here and it actually made less power on there particular bike. tre's are a mystery anyways but if you have to have one the ivans smart tre is the best way to go. i did a test 3 or so years ago on my 01 gsxr 1k at the dyno in topeka ks and my bike made right at 3 more horse & a ft lb of tourqe with the tre attached granted its not much but it did do something and it was only $70.00
yeah it works on my camero also but we are talking BUSA's

Back