Tre

A, Welcome to the Board...

2, Your gonna hear all kinds of thoughts about a TRE, some for and some against...

C, If your gonna go that route though, get the new GIPro from one of the Board vendors...

4, You will get a Gear indicator and a Smart TRE in one unit...

David

A, Welcome to the Board...

2, Your gonna hear all kinds of thoughts about a TRE, some for and some against...

C, If your gonna go that route though, get the new GIPro from one of the Board vendors...

4, You will get a Gear indicator and a Smart TRE in one unit...

David
who is the board member and how much is it how do i get in touch thanks

hi n welcome to the .org, first of all!
smile.gif
nice to meet ya. Congrats on the new bike!

now, if you have never had your baby past say, 150mph-you have absolutely no need for a TRE. If you have no intention on ever holding your wrist locked-down on the throttle, in 6th gear, watching the world move by at aprox. 273 FEET EVERY SECOND...then dont even bother with a TRE. It does nothing to improve performance of the motor, just knocks out rev limiter in 6th so you can make the earth move by underneath you at like, 286 feet per second.... think about that my friend.
(i have run my bike to the limit, which in my case <16/42 combo> is just about 192-195mph; it is thrilling, addictive, and the biggest adrenaline rush I've ever experienced! better than fighting, drinking, winning (anything!), and yes-better than s*x! But you have to know your road before you attempt speeds like this, have someone nearby ready to call for paramedics if nec, and make sure you have life ins...just in case) or, just go buy a gear indicator and be happy. Some new pipes will make it sound pretty darn good, and you will SOUND like you're going a lot faster!
biggrin.gif

Reactions: Zee
a tre will help with low rpm jitters. below 4500.
i bought mine to help with the on and off the gas jerkeyness at lower rmp`s like when rideing around town.i like mine it fits my rideing style.
just my 2.5cents

i dont own a tre never will not worth my time i am already doin 10.01 on mine at the track with a few mods so buy one and see just my penneys worth

a tre only helps with low rpm .it does nothing for you above 4500 execpt removes the restriction

I bought a tre and used it maybe two weeks before I took it off. Like they said before you will get mixed opinions on this subject but the majority of people here don't really like them. Sure it may smooth your throttle out just alittle at lower rpm's but it also messes with your fuel and I started getting bad mileage after I installed mine. Think about what the tre REALLY does. Are you ever gonna have the balls to push it to 186 MPH? If you are then by all means get one but, after 165 or so it is all the same. Fast and blurry!!

hey guys thanks for all your help i really don't think i am going to get one the speedo only goes to 185 so i could not tell if i were going 190 plus or not

oh, believe me brother, at 185 (176-ish really) life is Fast, but when it goes from 185 to 195....doesnt matter if the speedo needle moves or not-you FEEL yourself pullin through the air even faster, u see everything move by in a blurr just that much quicker, and you never forget that feelin...TRUST ME!!!!!
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
IMO-best feeling ever had, next to childbirth, honestly.

wow.gif

wow.gif

Reactions: Zee
I just got in on the group by because I have been riding my bike to work almost every day and the low RPM jerkyness is driving me nuts.

Especially since they have made lots of changes on base and now in some places the speed limit is 10 miles per hour..

yeah you read that right.. my busa doing 10mph, heck it almost idles faster than that.

Anyway, trying to keep the low speeds driving around operations side is just really getting on my nerves.. so I am hoping by getting the GIpro through the group buy it will fix my problem

I put one on my 06 LE a few weeks ago and it's still there. The gitters are still there below 2k which bothers me. I'm lookin at the ATRE or the G-Pack because the standard TRE is doing nothing for me so far and I have yet to have the balls to crawl above 170. As someone said in this post KNOW YOUR ROAD. I thought I did but the little lift at the end of my run isn't so little at 170 .. the damn bike lifted off the ground and I was clearly ready for a change in my life but my Busa took it in stride. I'm taking off the standard TRE in the moring and feel the bike without if for a few days then decide which way I'll go.

hi n welcome to the .org, first of all!
smile.gif
 nice to meet ya. Congrats on the new bike!

now, if you have never had your baby past say, 150mph-you have absolutely no need for a TRE. If you have no intention on ever holding your wrist locked-down on the throttle, in 6th gear, watching the world move by at aprox. 273 FEET EVERY SECOND...then dont even bother with a TRE. It does nothing to improve performance of the motor, just knocks out rev limiter in 6th so you can make the earth move by underneath you at like, 286 feet per second.... think about that my friend.
(i have run my bike to the limit, which in my case <16/42 combo> is just about 192-195mph; it is thrilling, addictive, and the biggest adrenaline rush I've ever experienced! better than fighting, drinking, winning (anything!), and yes-better than s*x!  But you have to know your road before you attempt speeds like this, have someone nearby ready to call for paramedics if nec, and make sure you have life ins...just in case) or, just go buy a gear indicator and be happy. Some new pipes will make it sound pretty darn good, and you will SOUND like you're going a lot faster!  
biggrin.gif
Don't think this is exactly true, the TRE serves some purpose in the lower gears too, albeit debatable as to necessity...

My understanding is that Suzuki ECM backs out the timing on the #1 cylinder at higher RPMs in gears 1-4 (signalled via varaible resistor), cutting a bit of the power, thus reducing the tendency to get light / wheelie. The TRE alters the resistance such that the ECM uses 5th gear timignn mapping all the time (i.e>: more power).

I am gonna order the one with the gear indicator, although does it matter what gear you are in on a Busa, really? LOL

The TRE rules! I put one on my '04  Busa and it's like night and day. The bike pulls smoother in the first 4 gears. No jerking or sputters like before. The best mod I've put on the bike IMO.

URBAN COWBOY

My question is, does a TRE work with a Power Commander? The TRE sends voltage to make the bike think it is in 5th, and sends the 5th gear map to all gears. But the PC remaps the fuel/air. So do they work together? Or cancel each other out?

Back