TRE

So - is it safe to say that TRE works for the top speed, has variable results for the 1-4 gear roll ons and lowers your gas mileage?

Yes, it works. The primary purpose of the TRE is to remove the top speed limiter, and it does. I have personally tested it. Without the TRE my busa only went up to 10,500 RPMs in 6th gear. With the TRE on, I went to around 10,800. As for 1/4 mile times, I'm not sure. I got the TRE to go past 186 mph, and I did
cool.gif
andyet I have a  mod thast is not like a tre that will let you go over 186 andnot f with your maps o timing
What is the mod that will allow the limiter at 186 to be removed. I have a custom map and do not wish to plug in something to mess it up. ALso have cams degreed. What's the best way around it?

Answering what you asked:

TRE = timing retard eliminator

A stock bus as 5 ignition maps for gears 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 + 6
Fifth gear has a more aggressive timing response. The smart TRE uses only the 5+6 gear map so the response is quicker in all gears. It also lies to the bike and tells it it is in 5th when it is in 6th and thereby bypasses the speed restriction of 184mph. The smart part is that it uses a neutral map when it is in neutral so that it doesn't backfire and such from the advanced 5+6 gear timing.

The net result is faster accelleration and no speed restriction.
Why it adversely affects 1/4 mile times is a mystery to me. Perhaps the rear wheel is more prone to spin.
nice try but.
it makes you slower at the track by being to rich in 1-4 gears.( this is also why SOME say they feel it makes the bike smoother)not timing
the holy grail of timing you are searching for is under 4k after that the are full advance.
and  you don't need a tre  to go faster than 186

If this is true (not doudting you) than as long as i have TRE and PC3 in when i dyno it in than i should not get the negative effects of having the TRE correct?

Yes, it works. The primary purpose of the TRE is to remove the top speed limiter, and it does. I have personally tested it. Without the TRE my busa only went up to 10,500 RPMs in 6th gear. With the TRE on, I went to around 10,800. As for 1/4 mile times, I'm not sure. I got the TRE to go past 186 mph, and I did
cool.gif
andyet I have a  mod thast is not like a tre that will let you go over 186 andnot f with your maps o timing
What is it Johnny?? I need to know . I'm trying to get over 200mph @ the salt flats . I will have a 40 shot dry on the bike . Already got 4 into 1 pipe (leo vince) airbox mod, pair removed. What gearing would you say I should use ? And how do I get past the restriction without a TRE?

I could be wrong but from what I was told, the bike runs rich -because- it thinks it in 5th all the time. The faster you go, the higher gear you'll be in. Also the faster you go, the more air you'll be getting. Because of this, everytime you gear up, the bike spits out more gas to compesate for the extra air it'll be getting. Since it thinks it always in 5th, it'll spit out more fuel than normal in the lower gears.

Again, that is what I was told so this info could be wrong.

Also, the TRE was not intended to make the bike -quicker-. It was made to make the bike -faster- by eliminating the top speed (rev) restriction.

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128084639 -->

Strange that this is the first post I got to when I logged on. I was actually thinking on the way home of taking my TRE back out.
Perhaps it is just my bike in particular that has a problem, or the TRE I have is not quite right. But, I have yet to really see a difference with it in or out. I installed it right after her 600 mile mark, and have never gotten the claimed quicker acceleration or power.
If anything, I think Johnny Cheese comment about the richness may be holding mine back. They have said for years at the track that "Leaner is Meaner". I definately do not want to run around rich all the time. In fact....I am seriously contemplating having my 2004 gone through completely in search of some bizarre problem. I have owned some very nasty bikes through the years, and have to admit that I don't believe my Hayabusa to be all that "Bad". Sad but true.
Wanna sell it?
biggrin.gif

look it is easy, to go over 186mph is not a problem gearing can do that, the real problem is going over 10,200 rpm in 6th gear. that is the limiter not MPH.
to do that either a TRE which may or may not help down low, or get one of my GPS mods and that way your ecu will read every gear just like it is suppose to except 6th, it will read 5th.

And what else do you think I will have to do to the bike to realisticly reach 210??

why do you want a TRE?  Is it because you hear everyone talking about it or is there a realistic reason?
Why I want it? I tell you the reason, it called K5... the owners of them thinks they have the fastest bike...
baaa.gif

But I don´t want a TRE, I will buy a G-PACK, and I tell you the reason. Last week I went to a dyno and I try without G-Pack and with them, results are fantastic 181.25 mph real speed at 10.500 rpm whem the limiter works, after I install the G-pack, 197.5 mph at 11500 rpm, 1000 rpm more
biggrin.gif
The curve with g-pack and without them was equal, until the limiter work.
I think is a better option a G-Pack.
more: I only have a KN, completely stock the rest, and it made 154 rhp.
I forgot, I have a limited 2001 blue/silver, the fastest.

My two cents... this is my second busa. My first was bone stock 04. This one is an 02 and has yoshimura pipes, k&n, and the ever popular TRE. (all this was on the bike when i got it). I swear my other one felt like it pulled harder in the 1st through 4th gears.
So I also have been considering unplugging the TRE and see if it feels stronger. If the TRE works like you say, then unplugging it should improve the low end grunt by leaning the mix back out and making more power.

One question... When I unplug the TRE, is there a connector to plug back into where the tre fits. Or is it a deadend plug?

I bought that same mod too. Except I bought mine through Frank at Powerhouse. Pretty simple. Just pull out the clutchbasket and remove the two screws and wire that holds the GPS in place. Then swap it out with the modded one and reassemble everything back into place. Only takes 15 minutes to do.

At the salt flats i'll have the room tis getting past the limiter . If a TRE will do it I already have one on my other bike . When you use a TRE as I understand it makes the bike see every gear as 5th. Which would make a PCIII useless correct?

Just unplugged the TRE. It was just like ya said. Thanks.
Idle went up a couple hundred rpm at idle, and the exhaust didn't seem as heavy/rich.
I will try to take a quick spin tomorrow, if not I will let you guys know seat of the pants feel after I get home from work monday.

Back