TRE function

(Johnnycheese @ Jun. 15 2007,19:34)
(blitzburgh @ Jun. 15 2007,18:23)
(ezlife @ Apr. 18 2007,19
super.gif
) Timing Retard Eliminator.       If you have ever timed a small block you know the difference between advanced and retarded. If not Advanced and Retarded are kind of self explanatory. Suzuki retards the timing  in the first 4 gears to help with power delivery. This basically acomplished two things, 1. to keep novice riders from wheelies and uncontrollable launches. 2. By retarding the timing suzuki could limit the bikes top speed which suzuki and all other motorcycle manufactures are now forced to do in the U.S.     THE PERFORMANCE LOOPHOLE
In 5th gear even the busa does not do wheelies, also in 5th gear you can't achieve top speed. Suzuki did not limit 5th gear MAP. Now  the ecu works off ohms. Simple small amounts of electricity. Example : 8 ohms on one side of a 1 inch brass plate puts out 4 ohms on the other side. Via loss of energy ( displacement of molecules if you get technical). The tre. is a make of wires and resistors that change income of ohms to 1 outcome.  For example, first gear in the busa puts out 1 ohm to the ecu, which in turn causes the ecu to run map 1. Which is 4  degrees retarded.  5th gear gets to the ecu as 5 ohms, causing the bike to run unrestricted. When you install the tre, your ecu will now only see 1 amount 5 ohms.  (Unless it's in neutral). The Question was   Does a tre produce more horsepower, NO. It does allow you to use all the bikes horsepower all of the time. The good news you only map one gear of the bike, deacceleration is greatly improved. The busa does not have a gear indicator, so you don't get cheated out of losing it.  But  power never comes without sacrifice. You will find low rpms become more jumpy, as 5th gear is not mapped to idle around. Also you will find the bike runs a little warmer. Anytime detonation is closer to zero  more heat is produced.  If you get one check into one that is "smart", and or switchable, so you can turn it on when you want to run all out.
beerchug.gif

Best description of the T.R.E.  
bowdown.gif
and where did you copy this?
I bet it was not in the suzuki manual.
I bet it was from someone who sells TRE's
and i bet you dont sell it....

I don't need to, after a real tuner maps a bike. there is no reason to have a bandaid. like I have always said and proved it is not a timing issue it is a fuel one. this is why some bike run better and some wrose.

(Johnnycheese @ Jul. 04 2007,11:13) I don't need to, after a real tuner maps a bike. there is no reason to have a bandaid. like I have always said and proved it is not a timing issue it is a fuel one. this is why some bike run better and some wrose.
so are you saying that having a rpm limit in 6th gear is only a tuning issue?!?!

or are you saying with the proper tuning and a tre that the bike can run well and strong and get past the restriction and run to its fullest potential?

tuning will make a bike run XLNT. and if you need to go past 10.2K in 6th there are better ways.
no need for a TRE period.

(Johnnycheese @ Jul. 04 2007,14:39) tuning will make a bike run XLNT. and if you need to go past 10.2K in 6th there are better ways.
i understand the importance of tuning.

and i know there are other more expensive ways to get past the 10.2 limit but at the same time a tre with proper tuning works just as well. am i right?
what makes one way better then another?
and if better how much better compared to cost are we talkin about?
thanx for responding to these questions.

(SPEEDEMON @ Jul. 04 2007,15:03)
(Johnnycheese @ Jul. 04 2007,14:39) tuning will make a bike run XLNT. and if you need to go past 10.2K in 6th there are better ways.
i understand the importance of tuning.

and i know there are other more expensive ways to get past the 10.2 limit but at the same time a tre with proper tuning works just as well. am i right?
what makes one way better then another?
and if better how much better compared to cost are we talkin about?
thanx for responding to these questions.
okay for the last time . only because I seem to post this monthly (lol)
with a TRE you are in a 5th gear map all the time so even a custom map is not good because either you will be rich in 1-4 or lean in 5-6.

although this is an old thread, i was very happy to read it. i just installed the tre and marble mod on my 2004, and i havent taken her out for a tester, but the information i just gained form this thread was priceless. when i first started her she stumbled a-bit until warm, and now sounds great.
:laugh::thumbsup:

Back