TRE function

(notman @ Apr. 18 2007,19:16) i installed both a power commander and a t.r.e.-----and then removed the t.r.e.----took a ride wondering when the rev limiter was going to kick in and it never did......?
rock.gif
????WHY?
rock.gif
???

i tried to contact the guys over at B.D.E.,where my map came from,still no responce.............
Without the TRE, 1st thru 5th is set at 11,500 +/-. 6th is set at 10,500 +/-. With the TRE, 6th gear becomes like every other gear.

rock.gif

I have the GIPro and initially loved it. It appeared to be more responsive. However, about 3 weeks of running it on the 5th gear map I noticed the bike would be difficult to start. Now I just use it as a gear indicator and am going with a full BDE and PCIII.

(NightCrawler @ Apr. 18 2007,22:01)
(notman @ Apr. 18 2007,19:16) i installed both a power commander and a t.r.e.-----and then removed the t.r.e.----took a ride wondering when the rev limiter was going to kick in and it never did......?
rock.gif
????WHY?
rock.gif
???

i tried to contact the guys over at B.D.E.,where my map came from,still no responce.............
Without the TRE, 1st thru 5th is set at 11,500 +/-. 6th is set at 10,500 +/-. With the TRE, 6th gear becomes like every other gear.
thats what i'm saying,in sixth it never went off

rock.gif

(notman @ Apr. 19 2007,06:51)
(NightCrawler @ Apr. 18 2007,22:01)
rock.gif
????WHY?
rock.gif
???

thats what i'm saying,in sixth it never went off
Are you saying without the TRE your bike went past 10,500 rpm?

Also, if you have the 1999 - early 2000 model the limiter for 6th is set at 11,500 (unrestricted models).

rock.gif

i'm sayin i pegged the speedo past all the numbers ,with stock gears....i would have thought the rev-limiter would have kicked in

hey guys, I just bought the GI TRE and I saw the post by someone that their bike became hard to start after a few weeks, has anyone else had any issues like this?
rock.gif

The timing on a stock Busa is restricted in gears 1-4...also redline is limited to 10,200 in sixth gear...ALL other gears will pull 11,000RPM's  
beerchug.gif

With a TRE you get more Timing in the first four gears...this is only @ less than 1/2 throttle...past 1/2 throttle the only thing it does is
remove the 10,200 limit in 6th

IF you have enough HP...you can pull 11,000 in 6th with a TRE  
argue.gif

To funny as to he knew someone was gonna ask, whats a tre. Its an old joke here on the board.

(O-Factor @ Apr. 19 2007,18:45) hey guys, I just bought the GI TRE and I saw the post by someone that their bike became hard to start after a few weeks, has anyone else had any issues like this?
rock.gif
To resurrect this, I have not had problems starting it, but I definately have problems with it dying.

I think that once I get the A/F Ratio corrected with a custom map, we will be good to go.

(ezlife @ Apr. 18 2007,19:29) Timing Retard Eliminator.       If you have ever timed a small block you know the difference between advanced and retarded. If not Advanced and Retarded are kind of self explanatory. Suzuki retards the timing  in the first 4 gears to help with power delivery. This basically acomplished two things, 1. to keep novice riders from wheelies and uncontrollable launches. 2. By retarding the timing suzuki could limit the bikes top speed which suzuki and all other motorcycle manufactures are now forced to do in the U.S.     THE PERFORMANCE LOOPHOLE
In 5th gear even the busa does not do wheelies, also in 5th gear you can't achieve top speed. Suzuki did not limit 5th gear MAP. Now  the ecu works off ohms. Simple small amounts of electricity. Example : 8 ohms on one side of a 1 inch brass plate puts out 4 ohms on the other side. Via loss of energy ( displacement of molecules if you get technical). The tre. is a make of wires and resistors that change income of ohms to 1 outcome.  For example, first gear in the busa puts out 1 ohm to the ecu, which in turn causes the ecu to run map 1. Which is 4  degrees retarded.  5th gear gets to the ecu as 5 ohms, causing the bike to run unrestricted. When you install the tre, your ecu will now only see 1 amount 5 ohms.  (Unless it's in neutral). The Question was   Does a tre produce more horsepower, NO. It does allow you to use all the bikes horsepower all of the time. The good news you only map one gear of the bike, deacceleration is greatly improved. The busa does not have a gear indicator, so you don't get cheated out of losing it.  But  power never comes without sacrifice. You will find low rpms become more jumpy, as 5th gear is not mapped to idle around. Also you will find the bike runs a little warmer. Anytime detonation is closer to zero  more heat is produced.  If you get one check into one that is "smart", and or switchable, so you can turn it on when you want to run all out.
beerchug.gif

Best description of the T.R.E.
bowdown.gif

(blitzburgh @ Jun. 15 2007,18:23)
(ezlife @ Apr. 18 2007,19
super.gif
) Timing Retard Eliminator.       If you have ever timed a small block you know the difference between advanced and retarded. If not Advanced and Retarded are kind of self explanatory. Suzuki retards the timing  in the first 4 gears to help with power delivery. This basically acomplished two things, 1. to keep novice riders from wheelies and uncontrollable launches. 2. By retarding the timing suzuki could limit the bikes top speed which suzuki and all other motorcycle manufactures are now forced to do in the U.S.     THE PERFORMANCE LOOPHOLE
In 5th gear even the busa does not do wheelies, also in 5th gear you can't achieve top speed. Suzuki did not limit 5th gear MAP. Now  the ecu works off ohms. Simple small amounts of electricity. Example : 8 ohms on one side of a 1 inch brass plate puts out 4 ohms on the other side. Via loss of energy ( displacement of molecules if you get technical). The tre. is a make of wires and resistors that change income of ohms to 1 outcome.  For example, first gear in the busa puts out 1 ohm to the ecu, which in turn causes the ecu to run map 1. Which is 4  degrees retarded.  5th gear gets to the ecu as 5 ohms, causing the bike to run unrestricted. When you install the tre, your ecu will now only see 1 amount 5 ohms.  (Unless it's in neutral). The Question was   Does a tre produce more horsepower, NO. It does allow you to use all the bikes horsepower all of the time. The good news you only map one gear of the bike, deacceleration is greatly improved. The busa does not have a gear indicator, so you don't get cheated out of losing it.  But  power never comes without sacrifice. You will find low rpms become more jumpy, as 5th gear is not mapped to idle around. Also you will find the bike runs a little warmer. Anytime detonation is closer to zero  more heat is produced.  If you get one check into one that is "smart", and or switchable, so you can turn it on when you want to run all out.
beerchug.gif

Best description of the T.R.E.  
bowdown.gif
and where did you copy this?
I bet it was not in the suzuki manual.
I bet it was from someone who sells TRE's

(ezlife @ Apr. 18 2007,16:29) Timing Retard Eliminator.       If you have ever timed a small block you know the difference between advanced and retarded. If not Advanced and Retarded are kind of self explanatory. Suzuki retards the timing  in the first 4 gears to help with power delivery. This basically acomplished two things, 1. to keep novice riders from wheelies and uncontrollable launches. 2. By retarding the timing suzuki could limit the bikes top speed which suzuki and all other motorcycle manufactures are now forced to do in the U.S.     THE PERFORMANCE LOOPHOLE
Retarding or advancing timing an engine makes mild to wild changes on a performance motor. Small changes may smooth out idle problems but never show up a dyno. But it will show up at the track. (At least it does on a blown 454 motor
super.gif
) I've heard of guys running a TRE actually getting slower ET times. How does this happen if you are making the motor run more smoothly=efficiently? Blueprint/balance a motor and see what kind of times you run. Anything to make the engine run BETTER will show up in numbers at the track, not always on a dyno. Now, what would a custom A/F map without a TRE do? Also, has anyone used another "timing" device such as Dynojets Ignition Module? If the TRE actually does change the timing in lower gears, you would be able to not only reach a "generic 5th gear" timing setup for all gears (like the TRE claims) but customize the timing for each gear specifically. Also believe the Ignition Module also let's you set cyclinder specificaly. Right? Now I'm not against a TRE and considering as well but also considering the Ignition Module. My problem is that if a TRE really does what it claims (other than remove the limiter) why do they only sell it for $70 or so?

(SnapAttack @ Jun. 16 2007,06:53)
ezlife said:
1119426[/ATTACH]]Now I'm not against a TRE and considering as well but also considering the Ignition Module. My problem is that if a TRE really does what it claims (other than remove the limiter) why do they only sell it for $70 or so?
I made mine for free.  I found a 6.8K resistor and soldered it into the stock harness.  So far it has been good for 3mph on the top end (190+ indicated, 180.7 actual) and there's more to be had still.  I can definitely tell I do not run up against the limiter anymore.

As for how it runs in the other gears?  I dunno....  top speed is what I needed it for.  

I bet it wouldn't make a bit of difference in a drag app.

Attachments

• super.gif
    super.gif
    1 KB · Views: 31
Suzuki spent a good amount of engineering, research and testing to develop both ignition and fuel maps for each gear.  Why would I want to discard all of that, and tell my ecu I was in 5th all of the time?  In the lower gears, there is less load on the engine, and less air being shoved into the air inlet tubes, for any given RPM and throttle position, so fuel needs  will be different for each gear.

I think I'll trust Suzuki engineering on this issue. If I cared about going faster than 186mph (I don't. 180 vs. 190, not that big of a difference to me.), I'd think about doing JC's GPS mod.

Karl

(K Wolf @ Jun. 17 2007,21:30) Suzuki spent a good amount of engineering, research and testing to develop both ignition and fuel maps for each gear.  Why would I want to discard all of that, and tell my ecu I was in 5th all of the time?  In the lower gears, there is less load on the engine, and less air being shoved into the air inlet tubes, for any given RPM and throttle position, so fuel needs  will be different for each gear.

I think I'll trust Suzuki engineering on this issue. If I cared about going faster than 186mph (I don't. 180 vs. 190, not that big of a difference to me.), I'd think about doing JC's GPS mod.

Karl
hold off on my GPS mod.
I am going to have a big sale on them in Aug.

(Red05 @ Apr. 16 2007,14:08) According to what I've read, the TRE has no effect at full throttle so it should not change HP ratings. It was designed to smooth out throttle response in the lower gears, which I found it does well.
+1 , it retards the timing so the bike thinks it is in 5th gear all the time. Causes it to run smoother.
muscle.gif

Back