this is the end of busa "power" ???

Sweet! Everyone jump on the BMW bandwagon and sell your Busas! That means I can snatch up another Busa for myself for cheap! That new Beemer looks nice and probably is, but again it is made for the track. And really, if you want a track bike just get a GSXR 1000 for WAY CHEAPER and better reliability. The magazines are going to hype up any new bike because.... drumroll.... they are SPONSORED by these bike companies!!! My Busa is tried and true, and here I will stay, regardless of the numbers game.

Congrats to BMW! It's nice to see BMW stepping up with a legitimate sport bike. Here is Kevin Duke's review after BMW introduced the bike to journalists at a Portimao track day.

2010 BMW S1000RR Review - Motorcycle.com

I'm looking forward to reviews when they have the bike on their own for 1/4 tests, etc.

I still love my 1k and Busa and don't feel any need for a change. But I enjoy seeing new bikes emerge.

For one I would imagine the numbers are a little far fetched, two...badass looking bike in my opinion and wouldn't mind having one really(some may think i have bad taste, i know), three...before i spend that kind of money on a new bike, i'd be installing a turbo and walkin all over the bmw :laugh:

Turbo the Busa and it'll destroy any BMW. The advantage of the Busa is definetly aftermarket mods, just costs money........

two bikes, two purposes...

I have no doubt the BMW would smoke the Busa on any road course to the tune of about 1 second per corner per lap...

Would love to have one.. ABS, traction control etc... Would I like to ride it across the state? Probably not but what a great stablemate..

HP is not that big of a deal... I would bet 98% of the face-offs would come down to the guy riding anyway so power does not mean that much..

Watch a few dozen turbo bikes turn 10's at the dragstrip and the reality gets pretty large..

If you are riding the Busa because it is the biggest or baddest, you are riding for the wrong reason anyway.. It is just a perk of a really nice and fun sport tour bike..

Here we go, It is not only peak horse power it is the rpm range that the bike makes good numbers. In the busa's case that is a huge range and the torque is the same. There is a difference between peak power and usable power. Just for the record I don't believe the results of one dyno on one bike is particularly conclusive.

I just wonder how many reflashes of the ECM it requires to make it not balk at part throttle and stall at traffic lights? I used to work at BMW shop and all I can say after dealing with the clowns in Germany is - I'll never buy one.

One challenge will be passing the new EPA sound testing where volume is sampled at peak power rpm. Like someone said earlier. I bet it will wind up like the all conquering Aprillia. Nuetered by the EPA.

You can put this BMW bike in your pipe and smoke it. They still have 428HP to go before they catch up with my little out dated busa. I'm sorry but no European country is ever going to beat the japanese at producing sportbikes. I'm a huge BMW and Benz fan but everyone knows they have electronics not worth a broke **** dog and are the best cars to own to 50K miles and then sell. They have been producing cars for 40+ years and still have electronic problems...what makes anyone think they are going to "out perform the japanese" those little guys over there probably have so much **** developed we don't even think about

Looks like magazine hype to me. If a BUSA wasn't tested same day same conditions then the numbers don't really mean much regardless of what you compare it to.

So if a 600cc bike made 150rwhp on that dyno would it change your mind...? Or if a ZX14 pulled 200rwhp on that dyno would that change your thoughts... :laugh:
Not only that but you also need to consider how much money would be invested. I am sure with the difference in cost of the 2 bikes, the Busa would destroy the beemer.

BMW = Backmarker MoTore Werks (is not so good)

Last outing on the 9th of Dec., not that long ago to get their act together... One DNF'd, the other came in 9th.

Is that how you go racing? Bring out da wee near snitz ill?

:beerchug: < Dare smacking suds at least one finished... Undependable. Special tools fill the hands, not a box end wrench. Over engineered to be lapped, not even a valve lap would help. :rofl:

Back