this is the end of busa "power" ???

full

Registered
i'm sorry guys.......but now, the BMW S 1000 RR :poke: the busa power..... :banghead:

stock 6.03 hp more for the BMW :whistle:

with akrapovic full line : 2.5 hp more for the BMW beetwen :whistle:

without forgetting that it is one 1000 compared one has 1340...

does there finally remain to us right comfort ? ???

first the bmw, after in blue busa power

s1000rr.jpg

haya.jpg

Make Model
BMW S 1000RR
Year
Engine
Liquid cooled, four stroke, transverse four cylinder, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
Capacity
Bore x Stroke
Compression Ratio
Induction
Injection

Ignition / Starting
/ electric
Clutch Multiple-disc clutch in oil bath, mechanically operated
Max Power
143.9 KW 193 hp @ 13000 rpm
Max Torque
112 Nm 82.6 lb-ft @ 9750 rpm
Transmission / Drive
6 Speed / chin

Gen2 busa 196hp 114lb-ft !!!!
Maybee something is different in france:moon::poke:

But not torque!!! BMW is shooting high with its 1000rr! I will wait to see what it does here in the states! Aprilia's RSV4 in Europe at the big bike tests in Germany made 160+rwhp... but here in the states it only made 148 and 150rwhp on 2 different Rsv4's! So Ill wait for the real world results once people start buying them and using them. The motorcycle factories have had a bad habit of having a few factory specail production bikes make it to the the magazine testors for testing to make them look good!

Last edited:
But not torque!!! BMW is shooting high with its 1000rr! I will wait to see what it does here in the states! Aprilia's RSV4 in Europe at the big bike tests in Germany made 160+rwhp... but here in the states it only made 148 and 150rwhp on 2 different Rsv4's! So Ill wait for the real world results once people start buying them and using them. The motorcycle factories have had a bad habit of having a few factory specail production bikes make it to the the magazine testors for testing to make them look good!

Thats what I'm saying. The busa makes gobs of torque and reaches peak torque way sooner than any liter bike...thats what its all about on the street...smooth, linar power and comfort. The higher top speed is just a bonus.:whistle:

Dont get me wrong I am interested in seeing what it puts down as well as the ride comparisions from Europe and the U.S. It is nice to see them really being serious about the 1k market. Aprilia too! MOre choices for us the buyers! But dont forget....the rider also makes the other half of a great bike combo! And now days, the new 1k's are so good that its is hard for us average riders to really push them to there limits! So, I buy by feel, how I fit the bike, then how easy it is to use, then performance, then looks! The RSV4 is sexy and smaller then the BMW! Looks better too! But, to each there own!

i'm sorry guys.......but now, the BMW S 1000 RR :poke: the busa power..... :banghead:

stock 6.03 hp more for the BMW :whistle:

with akrapovic full line : 2.5 hp more for the BMW beetwen :whistle:

without forgetting that it is one 1000 compared one has 1340...

does there finally remain to us right comfort ? ???

first the bmw, after in blue busa power

Looks like magazine hype to me. If a BUSA wasn't tested same day same conditions then the numbers don't really mean much regardless of what you compare it to.

So if a 600cc bike made 150rwhp on that dyno would it change your mind...? Or if a ZX14 pulled 200rwhp on that dyno would that change your thoughts... :laugh:

Looks like magazine hype to me. If a BUSA wasn't tested same day same conditions then the numbers don't really mean much regardless of what you compare it to.

So if a 600cc bike made 150rwhp on that dyno would it change your mind...? Or if a ZX14 pulled 200rwhp on that dyno would that change your thoughts... :laugh:

X2 let's see some slips.
Posted via Mobile Device

We still got em on torque!! And do you think the bimmer will be nearly as comfortable on long distance rides?? :beerchug:

Are we going to hear stories about the new BMW breaking LSR and drag racing records? I won't hold my breath.

No matter how the numbers fall... Still good news! :poke:
This will keep the pressure on Suzuki to keep the Busa on top. :thumbsup: So, thank you BMW for doing what we already knew... MORE POWER PLEASE (Can't get enough) :beerchug:

Here's a link to BARF. A guy there has collected all the reviews of the S1000RR and posted them all in one thread. BMW may have underrated the HP numbers, the engine may be putting out around 200 HP.

S1000RR... being ridden by press in Portugal - BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Cracks me up how the Busa owners PANIC every time a new bike comes out that may threaten the Busa with "More" of something than the Busa has.

Bottom line on the S1000 is that it has as much power as the Busa, is much lighter and CAN TURN!!

Here's a link to BARF. A guy there has collected all the reviews of the S1000RR and posted them all in one thread. BMW may have underrated the HP numbers, the engine may be putting out around 200 HP.

S1000RR... being ridden by press in Portugal - BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Cracks me up how the Busa owners PANIC every time a new bike comes out that may threaten the Busa with "More" of something than the Busa has.

Bottom line on the S1000 is that it has as much power as the Busa, is much lighter and CAN TURN!!

So when are you going to Sell "Connie" and get the BMW ?

But the Busa is very flexable and relatively easy to work on. with all kinds
of aftermarket powerparts. And BMW parts, ouch.

Back