this is the end of busa "power" ???

Isn't all this hoopla on hp and torque mainly a benefit for racing than on the streets? It'll be interesting to see if any drag and/or LSR BMW S1000RR's start knocking. :thumbsup: :laugh:

Maybe the BMW will push the liter class bikes into another direction? Less repli racer to something a little more comfortable?

Isn't all this hoopla on hp and torque mainly a benefit for racing than on the streets? It'll be interesting to see if any drag and/or LSR BMW S1000RR's start knocking. :thumbsup: :laugh:

Maybe the BMW will push the liter class bikes into another direction? Less repli racer to something a little more comfortable?

yes def for the streets....those track guys can only use so much power.

The aftermarket for the Busa is so huge HP and Torque don't matter. You can always get more. What I'm worried about is the price of factory HP. If you look at cars and how many thousands of dollars the price goes up for extra HP its ridiculous. Look at the Corvette. $45k for 430HP for the regular vette. ZO6 at 505 HP is an extra $30k. There are some suspension mods and small things but damn. The Busa is already over $13k. If it goes over 200HP what are they going to charge from the factory?

but my 06 is soooo sexy, especially after all the new paint, polish, and carbon.

We still got em on torque!! And do you think the bimmer will be nearly as comfortable on long distance rides?? :beerchug:

I doubt I'd be able to put as many miles on that bimmer as I did on my Busa.

They will have engine fixes after a year or two. A new product is never 100% at the start. I'm sure it is a great design, but will pricing be BMW high? For example, you can get a CBR1000RR for $9000 brand new. That means the BMW needs to be at $11,000 at the most. It will most likely be stickered at $14000 and stay at $14000. Lots of money for a bike.....or maybe I'm just getting cheap.

No, it is a lot of money for a bike!

i'm sorry guys.......but now, the BMW S 1000 RR :poke: the busa power..... :banghead:

stock 6.03 hp more for the BMW :whistle:

with akrapovic full line : 2.5 hp more for the BMW beetwen :whistle:

without forgetting that it is one 1000 compared one has 1340...

does there finally remain to us right comfort ? ???

first the bmw, after in blue busa power

We have heard this story before!:whistle:

BMW = Backmarker MoTore Werks (is not so good)

Last outing on the 9th of Dec., not that long ago to get their act together... One DNF'd, the other came in 9th.

Is that how you go racing? Bring out da wee near snitz ill?

:beerchug: < Dare smacking suds at least one finished... Undependable. Special tools fill the hands, not a box end wrench. Over engineered to be lapped, not even a valve lap would help. :rofl:

Hey, old buddy. New bike money sits one more year?

Rook ;)

They will have engine fixes after a year or two. A new product is never 100% at the start. I'm sure it is a great design, but will pricing be BMW high? For example, you can get a CBR1000RR for $9000 brand new. That means the BMW needs to be at $11,000 at the most. It will most likely be stickered at $14000 and stay at $14000. Lots of money for a bike.....or maybe I'm just getting cheap.

No, it is a lot of money for a bike!

Right now they say U.S. sticker will be $13,800 Base.

with ABS $14,800

with ABS and traction control $15,250

with ABS traction and anti theft + $16,000

That's a lot of cash for a bike that's going to need several trips to the dealer to have it's EFI sorted in the first couple of years.

Dont get me wrong I am interested in seeing what it puts down as well as the ride comparisions from Europe and the U.S. It is nice to see them really being serious about the 1k market. Aprilia too! MOre choices for us the buyers! But dont forget....the rider also makes the other half of a great bike combo! And now days, the new 1k's are so good that its is hard for us average riders to really push them to there limits! So, I buy by feel, how I fit the bike, then how easy it is to use, then performance, then looks! The RSV4 is sexy and smaller then the BMW! Looks better too! But, to each there own!
Couldn't have put it better mate!

Hello people, I'm new here but this subject has come up on the BKing boards as well and those numbers from that dyno sheet are apparently not SAE corrected numbers. Here's the same sheet for an 08 BKing. Area under the torque curve will keep the Busa out front, that's why smaller engines with the same peak numbers will fall short of the "big" motors

su_b-king_so_2008-2009_diag.jpg

Last edited:
Hello people, I'm new here but this subject has come up on the BKing boards as well and those numbers from that dyno sheet are apparently not SAE corrected numbers. Here's the same sheet for an 08 BKing. Area under the torque curve will keep the Busa out front, that's why smaller engines with the same peak numbers will fall short of the "big" motors

su_b-king_so_2008-2009_diag.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words :thumbsup:

Back