This guy wants to be president?!

Why do you think he lost the popular vote?

Democrat Barack Obama, then the junior United States Senator from Illinois, defeated Republican John McCain, the senior U.S. Senator from Arizona. Obama received 365 electoral votes, and McCain 173. The popular vote was 69,456,897 to 59,934,814, respectively.

Democrat Barack Obama, then the junior United States Senator from Illinois, defeated Republican John McCain, the senior U.S. Senator from Arizona. Obama received 365 electoral votes, and McCain 173. The popular vote was 69,456,897 to 59,934,814, respectively.

Because if you say something enough times and get someone to believe you or back you up, it becomes the truth.:whistle:

It seems only one party has benifited from the Electoral Vote over the Popular Vote. Can you guess who that is?:moon:

These new "targeted" banner ads are a riot... now I am seeing one in this thread for 10% off Ron Paul election gear!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I really do like Ron Paul in theory... pity he's not electable because he doesn't pander to the Politico Machine....:banghead:

WTF?

Winning the Future

I know this is supposed to be the smartest administration ever,

but if I were running a campaign with a fairly unpopular incumbent,

the last thing I’d do is have a reelection slogan whose initials were WTF!

I think BHO will go down in history as the first "One Term" WTF President!

WTF.jpg

That's what the media says about every dem, smartest thing going, while always portraying rep as a moron. Clinton was so smart he couldn't keep his cuba twist out of any skirt walking by. If Obama gets reelected it will show how stupid the American public is.

Bull crap! some may have but the only reason he is pres is not from the peoples vote. he lost that!
I'd appreciate proof of that. The only modern president to win the election but lose the popular vote was George W Bush at the beginning of his first term.

While we're on the subject, I think every American should do what I have had to do: stand in a crowded English pub and explain why the president of the leading democratic nation can be elected by a minority. Wonder why the rest of the world think the system of government here is a fekkin" joke? I have earned three college degrees in this country including a doctorate, and I still don't understand why the electoral college exists.

They think it's a fekkin' joke cos, well, it's a fekkin' joke!

Absolutely true.

Unfortunately the truth is of little value to people on the far right or far left.

To quote Paul Newman from Absence of Malice: "Say someone's guilty, everyone believes you. Tell them later he's innocent, nobody cares."

I tend to keep my thoughts to myself on these and religious things cause it never goes any where but I will say that when it nears election time I sit back and listen to the canidates closely and I believe what I read about them on the internet about as much as I believe obama.

I am increasingly disturbed by what the Republicans seem to be promoting as viable candidates....

I mean, come on.... Rick Perry and Mitt Romney is the best the Right has to offer?? Really? Seriously?! ???

I am increasingly disturbed by what the Republicans seem to be promoting as viable candidates....

I mean, come on.... Rick Perry and Mitt Romney is the best the Right has to offer?? Really? Seriously?! ???

I agree! Sadly neither side has had a standout in many many elections. Has come down to the lesser of the 2 evils. Really shows how bad of shape we are in. My opinion only of course!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Absolutely true.

Unfortunately the truth is of little value to people on the far right or far left.

To quote Paul Newman from Absence of Malice: "Say someone's guilty, everyone believes you. Tell them later he's innocent, nobody cares."

For these people lack of caring about the truth even trumps common sense.

Its like "which hammer should i use to pound on my head with for the next four years?" Our monetary system has been bastardized. What kind of person would want to take the job of President now a days? Nuthin sacred anymore...

Here is something I wrote (a draft) that is related to the subject if anyone is interested. Talks about where the Tea Party (Perry and Bachman in particular) are inconsistent in their ideologies, but it also gives some methods they could use to stay ideologically and politically consistent. 5-6 pages of text, double spaced, easy read:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ot6nZkl9gAF_g1bgglOqVqRQrMRUEW7L2ZlbC1KdqwQ/edit?hl=en_US

Inconsistent ideologies are healthy. When ideologies are too consistent cults are formed.

The original goals of the Tea Party were to remove Obama from office by discrediting him and also to restore hard-line single vision politics to the Republican Party. Every issue they take a stance on only makes them seem more fickle.

Although conceptually sound a consumption tax would not generate enough revenue to sustain our country's infrastructure let alone any of the billion other things we spend money on. What would happen if everyone became frugal? Do you realize how many jobs in this country are filled by foreigners? What would stop people from making money here and spending it elsewhere?

The original goals of the Tea Party were to remove Obama from office by discrediting him and also to restore hard-line single vision politics to the Republican Party.

I think the original goal of the Tea Party is to bring some common-sense conservative thinking back into running the government (and this includes some RHINO's too). Obama as President is like putting the mailboy in charge of a Fortune 500 company. He may have a lot of hopes and dreams, but he is clueless of what it really takes to run a company, nor does he have the experience or perspective.

By nature, a stable government should maintain a CONSERVATIVE fiscal policy. A company that remains fiscally conservative may never hit a home run, but they don't usually GO BROKE either. You don't GAMBLE with the future of the United States. Look at Europe; the Germans (Conservative) policy vs. the Greeks (Liberal) policy. We are looking more like the Greeks than the Germans, and we'd better get a wake-up call and start acting like grown-ups instead of petulant teenagers with our money/policy. We might not have had all these BOOM/BUST cycles if we'd just not get so RECKLESS with policy.

Perry has probably proven himself unelectable. As is Bachman, Huntsman, Santorum, Grigrich, AND Paul (any who might make a decent VP or Department Secretary). The only ones that remain at least for the moment is Romney (who looked Presidential during last nights debate) and to a lesser extent, Cain (but I don't know if he has the 'savvy' to make it even though some of his ideas are pretty decent)(notice I could care less that he's Black, and apparently neither do most Republicans given his current polling status). Romney's got some stuff to answer for, but in the end he may be the 'best choice' Conservative who has a chance to beat Obama, and yes you are right, that MUST be the ultimate goal, before Obama and his far-left cronies completely destroy our country.

Inconsistent ideologies are healthy. When ideologies are too consistent cults are formed.
Emerson said "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Although entertaining, your context is not what he was getting at. He was talking about ideologues, like Bachman or Palin, or pretty much anyone I talked about in the article. Those who toe the party line. The quote is not referencing or demeaning logical consistency in any way.

Although conceptually sound a consumption tax would not generate enough revenue to sustain our country's infrastructure let alone any of the billion other things we spend money on. What would happen if everyone became frugal? Do you realize how many jobs in this country are filled by foreigners? What would stop people from making money here and spending it elsewhere?

FairTax proponents would argue that it was revenue neutral, and I'm not sure that the bad (potential for money to leave) outweighs the good change the FairTax would bring compared to the current tax code. We can all think up some problems with the FairTax, but I'm sure we can all think of MORE problems with the current tax code.

I think that what is happening is the GOP suspect that they won't win an election no matter who runs as their candidate, so they aren't going to waste a good prospect now.

The guy they should run is Allen West. Maybe they're saving him for the next one.

@Moloko - Yeah, I agree: it would be terrible if the leader of a nominally Christian country (and the USA is more "Christian" than it is any other religion) actually acted as though he really believed in the things he claimed to believe in. - Rick Perry should be more like Obama, and act in a manner completely opposite to what he claims to believe in. :rolleyes:

Emerson said "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Although entertaining, your context is not what he was getting at. He was talking about ideologues, like Bachman or Palin, or pretty much anyone I talked about in the article. Those who toe the party line. The quote is not referencing or demeaning logical consistency in any way.

FairTax proponents would argue that it was revenue neutral, and I'm not sure that the bad (potential for money to leave) outweighs the good change the FairTax would bring compared to the current tax code. We can all think up some problems with the FairTax, but I'm sure we can all think of MORE problems with the current tax code.

Actually there is very little wrong with our tax code or the amount being taxed. Where we have a problem is with interpretation and enforcement. Often our own arrogance or ignorance forces us to do things that are not correct. Most of us pay more than we should and don’t even know it.

Are you a citizen of the United States of America? I would bet you and most of the people on this board are not. Currently I am, but I have only been for about 8 years of my life. Can one of you Constitutionalist on the board explain why only a few of us on this board are citizens and the majorities within our boarders are not?

Back