This guy wants to be president?!

moloko

Banned
Texas' Rick Perry, perhaps the embodiment of everything wrong with this country wants to be president.

He hosts public prayers for rain, which obviously isn't working as Texas is in perhaps the worst drought in Texas history.
Rick Perry's Unanswered Prayers - NYTimes.com

Don't get me started on this:
“Now, therefore, I, Rick Perry, Governor of Texas, under the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Statutes of the State of Texas, do hereby proclaim the three-day period from Friday, April 22, 2011, to Sunday, April 24, 2011, as Days of Prayer for Rain in the State of Texas.â€￾

REALLY?!

He has spoken about Texas leaving the union, basically as a threat to try and bully the government into giving him what he wants.
to leave the Union? - YouTube[/url]

Spends 10k a month on the taxpayers dime for his rental mansion while his mansion is being rebuilt to the tune of 10 million. And the government he's in charge of is short 11 BILLION on their budget.
Rick Perry Rental Mansion Costs Texas $600,000 Amid $11B Budget Shortfall

Sounds like he's just the guy for the job. Should fit in perfectly with the lunacy that's been going on in our government.

Our country will outsource itself to death, hoard money at the top 1% with an extreme division of wealth, kill the working class, bankrupt our economy and engage in never ending illegal wars. But dammit, we'll do it in the name of GOD! Now lets pray for rain and for everything to be ok... oh oh, and the cowboys to win the superbowl this year.

Yes, I know there is much more to it (government and economy) than all of this. No, I don't think I have all the answers or can figure out and fix all the problems.

My point is, this guy shouldn't even be considered in the running imo.

Excuse my /rant. People like this guy REALLY get to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the government he's in charge of is short 11 BILLION on their budget.

My point is, this guy shouldn't even be considered in the running imo.

Excuse my /rant. People like this guy REALLY get to me.

I understand, when he runs Texas in the hole to the tune of 14 Trillion he'll look better :laugh:

I don't think he'll be a threat

I would like to see some one like Tim Gay be a serious candidate, but there is no way in hell he is going to get the nomination. I really wish we could do something about this.

Is the general population the only ones who realize there is a major problem here?

I would like to see some one like Tim Gay be a serious candidate, but there is no way in hell he is going to get the nomination. I really wish we could do something about this.

Is the general population the only ones who realize there is a major problem here?

Have you checked out Ron Paul? Seems like Gay is basically saying the same thing that the good Dr. Paul has been saying for years.

That guys is crazy, i have heard some of his speeches. He won't get the nomination.

As for Ron Paul does he still intend on trying to dissolve the military and police and fbi and cia and IRS..... he can have the IRS//

That guys is crazy, i have heard some of his speeches. He won't get the nomination.

As for Ron Paul does he still intend on trying to dissolve the military and police and fbi and cia and IRS..... he can have the IRS//

I'm not sure where you get your information but it sounds like you listen to way too much main stream media (who hate him btw because their bought and paid for). Yes he wants rid of the IRS and to downsize or eliminate some of the other unnecessary federally funded programs. As far as military goes, he just wants to bring us home and stop nation building so we can take care of ourselves for once. He wants us to stop fighting unconstitutional wars that we can't win and spending trillions to furthter our military industrial complex. He wants to bring the country back to it's roots and follow the constitution as it was intended. Give the people back their rights and place laws back in the hands of the states. Restore liberty, personal freedoms and keep the government from reaching in our pockets. He wants to end the Federal reserve bank which is a private organization that creates our money from thin air without regulation and devalues our currency. Perhaps you should give him a fair chance and actually check out his policies for yourself.
You might just like what you see. Maybe you won't agree with all of his personal standings but that's the beauty of it all, he would never try to enforce any of his convictions on anyone else! He believes in personal liberty like no other man in politics. He is an honest man that never waivers, check out his voting record.

RON PAUL 2012!

If we aren't supposed to say that word in public how would we address him?
Mr....er....uhhhh...President Tim sir...

I'm not sure where you get your information but it sounds like you listen to way too much main stream media (who hate him btw because their bought and paid for). Yes he wants rid of the IRS and to downsize or eliminate some of the other unnecessary federally funded programs. As far as military goes, he just wants to bring us home and stop nation building so we can take care of ourselves for once. He wants us to stop fighting unconstitutional wars that we can't win and spending trillions to furthter our military industrial complex. He wants to bring the country back to it's roots and follow the constitution as it was intended. Give the people back their rights and place laws back in the hands of the states. Restore liberty, personal freedoms and keep the government from reaching in our pockets. He wants to end the Federal reserve bank which is a private organization that creates our money from thin air without regulation and devalues our currency. Perhaps you should give him a fair chance and actually check out his policies for yourself.
You might just like what you see. Maybe you won't agree with all of his personal standings but that's the beauty of it all, he would never try to enforce any of his convictions on anyone else! He believes in personal liberty like no other man in politics. He is an honest man that never waivers, check out his voting record.

RON PAUL 2012!

I have three of his books sitting on my book shelf. And while I believe in a lot of his ideas. There are those few extremist ideas of his that are not tolerable in today's world. The other problem is he gets into office by some miracle, no one would work with him in senate or congress. It would be deadlock.

I could be wrong though. Could be the best best thing to happen to te presidency since Jefferson.

id vote for a soupcan before obama.
yes we need to get somone that knows our constitution and can follow it.devolve the irs,epa ect.... and apply the flat tax of like 10%

We can do something! With Facebook and Twitter, I can tell close to a million people that I really don't know something they really don't care about. I think with the advent of social media, if someone really wanted change, they could.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back