Things you do not like about the site.

site seems a bit slow at times, but that could also be my tired assed dial up connection. Aside from that? Nada, is all good

Captain could port it over to proboards.com, or some other free one, assign a couple new admins and move on if needed.  No big deal.

Not so easy.. the site has way too much traffic for a "FREE" hosting site.  These are the stats for just the boardin September (1st-25th.. missing the last days of the month for some reason.. don't know why..)

Total Hits: 3399320
Total KBytes: 45874750 (thats 45.87gig)

The vids have used 710.61Gb since August 23rd... about 16gb a day..

The gallery server logs aren't displayin right but to give you an idea, it moved almost 10gb in 10 days..

That avererages out to almost 19gb of bandwidth per day.. look around at different hosts and see how much it would cost to host a site that uses 500+ Gig of bandwidth a month.

Personally, I enjoy workin around here in my spare time but I hate the site cause I'm a poor college guy that can't afford any kind of bike at all.. let alone a busa  :sad: .

Anyways.. keep up the comments guys, We'll try to make it what you want!

Also, on the edit post thing.. I've been meaning to add a mod that will let you edit and leave a short message tellin why you edited it too.. you want the "edited by" to stay though.. it keeps the moderators honest..  I'll add that and the resizing of the emoticons window to my list of things to do..

One thing I miss from other forums:
I'd like to be able to click on a posted picture and have it come up full-size. Other that that everything works great here! :drink:

If we cut out the video section (I've never even been there) we would save a great deal of bandwidth. I ran a huge ATV site that was using 250 gigs of bandwith a month and it was much larger than this one. If we had huge videos we would have really had a problem with bandwidth. The strength of this site is the forum section in my opinion, not the galleries and not the videos.

yeah, I always say "cut the fat" [video section] rather than close it down or something.
maybe get some gay google ads to help pay hostign costs?

I hate that you guys are going to cost me a fortune before I'm satisfied with my Busa! Stop posting all your mods and "hey, look what I bought" so I can send my two boys to college!

:D

:bounce:

And I hate the fact that most of you guys live in the States (so I wont be able to meet any of you guys and ride with you) and that you have far better roads :laugh: .

O, wait you mean the board, all is fine for me. :D

Ok, fine. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the man that runs it ain't happy with it and has even gone so far as to consider shuttin' it down. It's future is uncertain. I had a line on another sponsor but I dropped it because I didn't know if the site will continue to exist.

I don't think it's just a money thing either. I think Captain has sort of burned out on it. Don't get me wrong, I can see why he would. He doesn't even have a busa anymore so the true passion that was there when it all started just isn't there. He more or less said recently that the only thing that encouraged him to keep it runnin' was the friends he made with it.

A question... If you sold yer busa, would you still religiously spend the time here that you do now? I think not. Personally, I'd still drop in occasionally to holla at my friends but I wouldn't be in here every day pluggin' away at the threads and keepin' up with things. I played on some photography websites when I was a LOT more serious about photography than I am now. However, when I sold all my pro gear I stopped hittin' some sites all together. Some I only hit maybe once a month.

I also played on the f-body sites when I had my Trans Am. I even moderated on a couple of the sites I played on. I NEVER hit them after I sold the Trans Am. I can't imagine still having to go there and worry with admin duties without more than just a spark of interest in what it goin' on there.

With that in mind, how can Captain stay motivated to put all his time and effort into this site (far more invloved than our playin' here) without a busa to fuel his passion? I think it's just a matter of time before it comes to a head and something happens here. I don't like that because there's no tellin' what that something will be.

It's a helluva a resource but it's uncertainty is startin' to take away from it for me... Just my $.02 though.
He won't let us help pay for the site...
So maybe what we should do is get together and buy him a brand spanking new Busa!

:D :thumbsup: :cool:

maybe we should just agree that it is mine and ban anymore talk about the fastest. [/QUOTE]

yah...well..........too bad the rider is SLOW!!!!! :cool: :cool: :beerchug:

AND...we all know that the black/blue is the fastest. Its been proven by 2 certifed Genii afterall!!!!!!

The ony things I can't stand is how clean (Yeah Bullet I'm talking to you! ;) ) and perfect your bikes are.  Also I can't afford all the cool stuff Ya'll talk about. I'm too jelous for my own good.  And no I don't want any cheese with this wyne.  (No offense Johnny!  :D )

Also I get a lot of grief from the control tower (read CT = Wife) from being addicted to this site!

It's the only site I visit on the net!  Keep up the good work, and I love all you guys! (Not that way you perv!  :tounge:   )

Ok, fine. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the man that runs it ain't happy with it and has even gone so far as to consider shuttin' it down. It's future is uncertain. I had a line on another sponsor but I dropped it because I didn't know if the site will continue to exist.

I don't think it's just a money thing either. I think Captain has sort of burned out on it. Don't get me wrong, I can see why he would. He doesn't even have a busa anymore so the true passion that was there when it all started just isn't there. He more or less said recently that the only thing that encouraged him to keep it runnin' was the friends he made with it.

A question... If you sold yer busa, would you still religiously spend the time here that you do now? I think not. Personally, I'd still drop in occasionally to holla at my friends but I wouldn't be in here every day pluggin' away at the threads and keepin' up with things. I played on some photography websites when I was a LOT more serious about photography than I am now. However, when I sold all my pro gear I stopped hittin' some sites all together. Some I only hit maybe once a month.

I also played on the f-body sites when I had my Trans Am. I even moderated on a couple of the sites I played on. I NEVER hit them after I sold the Trans Am. I can't imagine still having to go there and worry with admin duties without more than just a spark of interest in what it goin' on there.

With that in mind, how can Captain stay motivated to put all his time and effort into this site (far more invloved than our playin' here) without a busa to fuel his passion? I think it's just a matter of time before it comes to a head and something happens here. I don't like that because there's no tellin' what that something will be.

It's a helluva a resource but it's uncertainty is startin' to take away from it for me... Just my $.02 though.
He won't let us help pay for the site...
So maybe what we should do is get together and buy him a brand spanking new Busa!

:D       :thumbsup:       :cool:
Raider - I was thinking the same thing over the weekend!   :beerchug:

I think the site is great. Wish there were more mechanics following this board, but I know where to do when I need that info....

The only thing that I find a bummer is how large the site has become. In the 'ole days I could log on once a day and read all the posts, now it is impossible. I realize it is a good thing in general, but it seems we have a few members that reply to every single post regardless... no big deal, just a waste of bandwidth sometimes....

Back