T.R.E. or not to T.R.E.

T.R.E. or not to T.R.E. -

• Remove tre  

Votes: 94 100.0%

• Total voters
Thanx '99....Ill soon find out...I noticed that the Brocks' map smoothed out my 1st and 2nd gear alot, I dont know if it was as much as the smart tre though......Ill have to ride this week end and pay attention to it more...one thing is for sure, my throttle response is like night and day better with the PC3 than with the TRE...hope that helps, Kanji!!!!!!
beerchug.gif

I have an Ivan's smart TRE that I run sometibmcmes with and sometimes without on my '04 with Brock's street megaphone, pair removal, airbox mod, PCIII Power Commander, BMC race air filter and a custom map done when I had the bike dyno'ed.
The TRE, in addition to eliminating the rpm limiter in 6th gear by sending an unlimited 5th gear signal, also smoothes out the throttle response which can otherwise be very abrupt and potent in the lower gears, especially with a modified bike. I use the TRE when I take the busa to the track. It gives me more control over maintenance throttle when entering turns, but I do sacrifice the ultra-brutal punch upon entering straightaways. Don't ask me why I would spend thousands to make the world's quickest bike quicker, then tone it down with a TRE. I ask myself the same question. I'm going to take the thing off this riding season.

I have an Ivan's smart TRE that I run sometibmcmes with and sometimes without on my '04 with Brock's street megaphone, pair removal, airbox mod, PCIII Power Commander, BMC race air filter and a custom map done when I had the bike dyno'ed.
The TRE, in addition to eliminating the rpm limiter in 6th gear by sending an unlimited 5th gear signal, also smoothes out the throttle response which can otherwise be very abrupt and potent in the lower gears, especially with a modified bike. I use the TRE when I take the busa to the track. It gives me more control over maintenance throttle when entering turns, but I do sacrifice the ultra-brutal punch upon entering straightaways. Don't ask me why I would spend thousands to make the world's quickest bike quicker, then tone it down with a TRE. I ask myself the same question. I'm going to take the thing off this riding season.
Your right....my friends turbo bike actually is a little easier to handle with the TRE.....and some stock wheelbase bikes benefit from it at the track....it just calms the beast down!!!
laugh.gif
race.gif

you are right on the first point....my bad, I'll be very careful next time and i can handle the truth...can you!!!!!....but you are dead wrong on the second...you are an A##HOLE!!!!!!...keep up the good work you do, but piss off in the mean time....you punk
moon.gif
lol... everyone takes up 1 chill pill and a cold a$$ beer... take a deep breath and go have some fun on your busa! ;)

Attachments

• clip.mp3
    135.9 KB · Views: 87
its better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it! all I am saying is that is a great line, but any way I like the idea of option 1 day I might be on a road that will let me do some speed and on the other hand it also claims to smooth out the bike and yes give 100% of power in all gears.

I find it funny that the makers claim its supposed to give you more low end power and better throttle response by removing the timing restrictions zuki put in the lower gears to keep the bike calmer for the average rider, and also remove the top speed restriction....yet you have folks that swear it makes the bike calmer?, folks that swear it makes the bike stronger (including sportrider magazine, read the link further up)?, and folks that swear it does nothing? Makes you wonder what it really does eh?
laugh.gif

I tried one and it did seem to give more low end, but it made the throttle VERY abrupt and jerky on my stock busa...and made it run too rich (it uses 5th gear map for every gear), plus messed with the idle bigtime...but I wasn't running a smart tre either which fixes the idle issues. I took my tre back off and it now sits in a box in the garage
winkold.gif
I think except for removing the top speed limiter, most of what the tre does is the same thing as a sugar pill.....its called the placebo effect
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I find it funny that the makers claim its supposed to give you more low end power and better throttle response by removing the timing restrictions zuki put in the lower gears to keep the bike calmer for the average rider, and also remove the top speed restriction....yet you have folks that swear it makes the bike calmer?, folks that swear it makes the bike stronger (including sportrider magazine, read the link further up)?, and folks that swear it does nothing? Makes you wonder what it really does eh?  
laugh.gif

I tried one and it did seem to give more low end, but it made the throttle VERY abrupt and jerky on my stock busa...and made it run too rich (it uses 5th gear map for every gear), plus messed with the idle bigtime...but I wasn't running a smart tre either which fixes the idle issues. I took my tre back off and it now sits in a box in the garage  
winkold.gif
 I think except for removing the top speed limiter, most of what the tre does is the same thing as a sugar pill.....its called the placebo effect  
laugh.gif
clap.gif
....I agree with ya,Big Red....Brocks and my local Dyno tuner do also

laugh.gif

I only removed mine to help with very low speed "traffic" rolling so it would stop doing that "hopin" thing but I also did quickly learn why suzuki put it on lol.

:thumbsup: Ive read most of these and it looks like they are early 2008" Now days 'time' means last months new products are already obsolete. I picked up my "New TRE' + in October 08' This unit allows you to read all the gears in the display window' and controls a better fuel mix as well' Way! Way! Improved" When I removed my ' top of the line TRE for this newer unit' the diff was like night and day... Welcome to the future' and again in the next 3 months from now it wil be something else.. Hey' I just upgrade as I go, and then some mods are a staple MUST'' Headers' for example.. stacks' etc.. Any HP increase is "All Good" :beerchug:

My experience was that it had better low end response.
It seemed jerky and less responsive when I walked on it from a slow crawl.
Didn't hurt anything else so I'm keeping mine.
JMHO

Hi, I received my T.R.E. today and I put it on my bike. I noticed 2 things. The 1st being that my FI light comes on now and the other is that when I open the throttle it kind of bogs down then it picks up. A friend of mine has Dyno at his shop and we put it on the Dyno. He noticed the same thing. With that TRE installed the Bike only was putting 135 H.P to the rear, once we took it off, it jumped back up to 149 H.P. to the read.

Has anyone experienced this with their bike?

Back