• Total voters

99'busa

Donating Member
Registered
Alright
laugh.gif
let me get this out of the way for you
whatsatre.png

My delimma in a nut shell, I have a smart tre now. I have read of some cases that it reduces hp. My builder hates tres. But if it does reduce some hp isnt it better to still have unrestricted throttle response. My wife isn't going to let me buy an ignition mod. right now after spending 5k on motor work.

Sooo should I remove tre OR wait till I am ALLOWED to get ign. mod.???

chris

Explain why you "need" a TRE... What reason did you buy it to start with..

Well I didn't, it was already on there. And my understanding is because it tricks ecu to think your in 5th there is no timing retard in 1-4 which gives better throttle response because there is no restrictions in 5th. How far am I off.

It also richens up the fuel mixture in the lower gears.It been proven it doesn't help ET's.Make up your mind before it's tuned.

I told them to take it off but I was going to tell them tomorrow to leave it on but I figured I'd get some last minute opinions before I changed my mind on them again.

IF you feel you need it (and I doubt you do) get one from Boostbysmith that only affects high gear... I have no reason to go beyond the 186 mph limit that the device is meant to defeat..

I have no desire to even go 186. I just want to have full throttle response w/o restrictions

lurk.gif
Alot of people say it is better for top end , But how many people want to go over 185 mph ? H*** I do , I will go with it on instead of off.
thumb_up.gif

Alright
laugh.gif
 let me get this out of the way for you
whatsatre.png

My delimma in a nut shell, I have a smart tre now. I have read of some cases that it reduces hp. My builder hates tres. But if it does reduce some hp isnt it better to still have unrestricted throttle response. My wife isn't going to let me buy an ignition mod. right now after spending 5k on motor work.

Sooo should I remove tre OR wait till I am ALLOWED to get ign. mod.???

chris
On some bikes it makes a bigger diff...but the busa already has a ton of low end...and great throttle response. Plus the ecu only restricts the timing in the first part of the throttle in the lower gears, you still get full timing when you really crank on it. Personally I didn't notice much if any improvement in the already massive low end grunt of my busa with the tre, it just made my throttle herky jerky at low revs...made my bike run too rich...and ruined my idle, so I pulled it back off. I would def get it tuned without the tre
winkold.gif
This isn't a kawi......suzi didn't take that much timing away. They know what we want
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I ordered one but more for the gear position indicator than anything else. This is a largely argued subject that only you can answer for yourself. If you just spent 5K on engine work and your builder says don't use it then I would probably go with his reccomendations. They know what works so listening to them would be the smart thing to do.

Now in my case I am perfectly happy with the response of the bike now but I wanted the gear position indication instead of the tre. I am going to do back to back tuning on the dyno to determine whether or not if it works but like alot have already said here you msut tune the bike with it installed since the 5th gear timing map adds fuel and will richen up the lower gears.

lol Expect about 50 different answers. honestly it takes about 5 minutes to remove, drive it both ways and see what you like. My bike seems to run a little better with it than without it. that's just the feel i have on it, you'll get just as many that say it's in my head and it really runs worse.

so ride for a few das with it, pop it out and ride for a few days that way and decide for yourself.

"honestly it takes about 5 minutes to remove, drive it both ways and see what you like."

thats hitting the nail right square on the head

It is as simple as raise tank, reach in and unplug... reconnect the connections and your back to square one

I put a PC3 and a Smart TRE in mine over the winter,first ride today, and truthfully it feels like a better than brand new bike.
beerchug.gif

I also heard it voids your warranty is that true???

you can get a switchable TRE to turn on and off as you prefer..i think mine smooths out the first few gears but it doesn`t feel any faster with it on or off..then again it might just all be in my head?
rock.gif
dunno.gif
dunno.gif
dunno.gif

dunno.gif

dunno.gif

Look it adds a nice rich amount of fuel. ECu's are programmed to lower the mixture to meet EPA sniffers. I have one.

cb750cafe2.jpg

I always thought the tre was a must have for the busa in order to have smooth acceleration & better throttle response.after experimenting with several maps I found with the right map you dont need a tre.my busa feels more responsive & pulls way harder.I posted my results with the maps,tre & air box mod under(another air box mod question)here.

Back