T.R.E. or not to T.R.E.

T.R.E. or not to T.R.E. -

• Remove tre  

Votes: 94 100.0%

• Total voters
Does it drink gas like a sailor after you put it on???
personally i havent been w/o it. it was already on the bike and heard reputable people say they hate em' and that threw me for a loop. but than again they either use ignition mod. or pwrcmdr that also does ignition.

so i felt they just didnt think tre was as good as those options which im sure isnt. BUT does that mean i get rid of mine or NO. THE QUESTION AT HAND right now I'm going to have builder remove it but im keeping it just im case.

03 motor doesn't make you need a TRE
03 ecu does
you never need a tre period
said this from 1999
and no need for the ign module either unless you want to take timing out.

I'm not a moron...A##HOLE!!!!....God forbid you lower yourself to explain what it is....I had my bike put on the dyno(and Im no genius, this is my first bike in 15 years!!!) and they said they clipped what they called a "wheelie wire". Brocks told me when I asked him about it(a really nice guy named E.J.) that it did something to first gear (retard timing???)and to leave it cut....is E.J. a moron, too!!!!!!!

I'm not a moron...A##HOLE!!!!....God forbid you lower yourself to explain what it is....I had my bike put on the dyno(and Im no genius, this is my first bike in 15 years!!!) and they said they clipped what they called a "wheelie wire". Brocks told me when I asked him about it(a really nice guy named E.J.) that it did something to first gear (retard timing???)and to leave it cut....is E.J. a moron, too!!!!!!!
The early carbrueted GSXR-R's had the wheelie wire.......I have one. No wheelie wire on the fuel injected Gixers....its all computer controlled.
The early gixxers has a simple wire that went to the the shift mechanism and told the bike it was in the first couple of gears...so it used a diff timing map. You cut the gear position sensor wires on the new suzi's and you'll get an error code and limp mode. Thats why guys use a tre instead. Same results...diff method.  
winkold.gif

If you want to experiment a bit tho unplug/cut your gear position sensor wires and take a ride...nothing like hands on to convince yourself one way or the other. The cheeseman can come across a little harsh but he does know his s#@t
winkold.gif

Hang around awhile and you'll see
ThumbsUp.gif

winkold.gif

Thanx for telling me how it all works!!! And I agree, Cheese does know his **** and his advice is something I value...but he can still kiss my a##!!!!
bluegrab.gif
Thanx so much Big Red...
beerchug.gif

yes you are.
WHY???
because there are people on the internet putting their .02 in and don't have a clue.

the GSXR1100 had it but if you ever would read there has benn many of post that this did NOT work on Busas.

I am not an A##HOLE as you say, I just state facts, always have and always will.
and for some people they just can't handle the truth

you are right on the first point....my bad, I'll be very careful next time and i can handle the truth...can you!!!!!....but you are dead wrong on the second...you are an A##HOLE!!!!!!...keep up the good work you do, but piss off in the mean time....you punk
moon.gif

The early carbrueted GSXR-R's had the wheelie wire.......I have one. No wheelie wire on the fuel injected Gixers....its all computer controlled.
The early gixxers has a simple wire that went to the the shift mechanism and told the bike it was in the first couple of gears...so it used a diff timing map. You cut the gear position sensor wires on the new suzi's and you'll get an error code and limp mode. Thats why guys use a tre instead. Same results...diff method.  
winkold.gif

If you want to experiment a bit tho unplug/cut your gear position sensor wires and take a ride...nothing like hands on to convince yourself one way or the other. The cheeseman can come across a little harsh but he does know his s#@t  
winkold.gif

ThumbsUp.gif
By the way, Big Red...what do you think that orange wire they clipped when they put my bike on the dyno might be?
rock.gif
Brocks never told me what it actually did or what it is...thanx a bunch
shutup.gif

winkold.gif

winkold.gif

winkold.gif

ThumbsUp.gif
By the way, Big Red...what do you think that orange wire they clipped when they put my bike on the dyno might be?
rock.gif
Brocks never told me what it actually did or what it is...thanx a bunch
shutup.gif
I'm glad I could help you K4
winkold.gif
As far as the orange wire......I'm not exactly sure. I've never heard of anybody cutting any wires for performance on a busa. Unless maybe it was an 08 and they were bypassing the 02 sensor to install a full exhaust and power commander? Dynojet supplies a cap for that purpose...but maybe Brocks guys we're just doing it the quick'n'easy way? Or maybe they were bypassing the kickstand or clutch safety switch? I'd like to know myself. Did they add a resistor to it for a homemade tre?
dunno.gif

winkold.gif

winkold.gif

Thanx Big Red....I'm not sure...tomorrow I have to call Brocks and I'll ask E.J. what it is specifically...got my Gen 2 pipe and PC3 on with Brocks 027D map and airbox mod...WOW!!!!!....and removed TRE as they suggested.....its very very smooth and in second gear mild roll on @ about 7000 it lofts the front wheel really easy...as a rookie on a Busa it produces good wood!!!
laugh.gif
drools.gif
....now I see why you all get excited about having a Busa!!!!!

By the way...Thanx to people like you AND Cheeseman that I got enough schooling to do these mods by myself...and listening to all of you made it clean and simple...Thanx to all!!!!
face7.gif
ThumbsUp.gif
easybutton.png
rulez8bn.gif

welcome.gif
to the org. K4. Sometimes there are some smartazz's pop up. cheeseman didnt know.
beerchug.gif

good luck pls. let us know what they cut. thats interesting
winkold.gif

This brings up a good Q. I recently bought and installed a smart TRE, i notice a sizable difference in throttle response. Should I replace that with a PC Commander? As of now my bike is stock except for smart TRE/w gear indicator.

Back