Switched Screens from ZG to Puig

sageronin

Donating Member
Registered
I'd heard some good things about the Puig Racing Screen so I decided to give it a try. Got one off of Ebay and put it on today. First impression is that it is a little thicker and sturdier than the ZG. The fit was solid and tight. I like the look on my black and grey. Took 'Ronin' for a test drive and got the same wind protection as with the ZG. I purposely rolled up behind some 18 wheelers on the interstate and also got the same results in the buffeting ( dirty air ). I found a 'closed track' and rolled into the triple digits and the Puig performed just as well as the ZG. I brought it on home ... washed away the bugs/cicadas and snapped some pics for you all. I love both screens, but I'll give the Puig the edge for style and sturdiness.
Pic 1 of 4

puig1.JPG

Screen looks very nicely constructed. Can you get it anyplace besides e-bay?

I might try one if I can get it in a dark smoke color. I like the 1300R emblem on it!

Sage, is that the light smoke color?
Krieg ... both mine and the one DR1300 shows starts off dark at the bottom and gets progressively lighter towards the top. The Ebay vendor "moto-parts" actually had this one listed as dark smoke, but I've seen other pics even darker.

cool.gif
Great review... thanks~ I like that it's a bit  more thicker then the ZG~ I would prefer it a bit darker myself~ How do they compare in the 'out of pocket' department?

<!--EDIT|GypsyJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086181057 -->

sageronin,
How about the fit? One thing that's been bugging me about my ZG is that one side doesn't fit as well as stock. I'd prefer no text/logos on the screen. Does that bug you?

The fit is just as good as stock...Logos do not bother me at all But I did take the one off the side, ones on the front are not removable...Also has the edging around it like stock Witch I like.. price is about $75 w/o shipping from capefearmotorcycles.com...

<!--EDIT|DR1300R
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086199072 -->

Sure Sage now u find this screen. That must be a great cammra. U bringing it with u ?? Iam sorry u must be a great photogapher to. Jack

sageronin,
How about the fit?  One thing that's been bugging me about my ZG is that one side doesn't fit as well as stock.  I'd prefer no text/logos on the screen.  Does that bug you?
Juggler ... the fit is excellent ... tight and snug and I didn't get any buzz and I don't expect any to develop. I kind of like the 1300R decal and the small PUIG decal peels off.

Sure Sage now u find this screen. That must be a great cammra. U bringing it with u ?? Iam sorry u must be a great photogapher to.             Jack
Jack ... I'm a pure amateur with a cam, but after reading the user's guide and playing around with the settings, I can finally take a decent pic. Yes ... I'll be bringing the camera with me ... it's a high-tech one that makes up for my lack of photography skills. Next time I roll though Georgia, I'm gonna call up the Bullet Train and see if he'll give me a crash course.

I still love the ZG too ... I'm just giving the PUIG a 1/2 point advantage in the overall category.

Back