So you want to get your knee down, eh?

Good info, thanks for sharing. Can you see what I am doing wrong here?

I'm kinda new to knee drag turns myself but to me it looks like you are too detached from the bike. Not as close to the bike as you should be. Looks like you're too far out in comparison to the amount of lean you have on the bike.
I'm also new to knee dragging and may not be the best source but thats my 2 cents on the photos.
Cheers,

Here's mine at the track in Loudon. Steven has helped me a lot on getting things right, but a few track days will get you there for sure.....

ava2.jpg

Had the camera handy on this slick racer guy! :rofl:
S6301120resize1235428801.jpg

S6301121resize1235428822.jpg
I got a 46 yr old HD Road King rider at work that makes this guy look protected!! He ALWAYS wears shorts (raggedy old cut off cammies), a tank top and yes...open toe sandals (GHEY!)....and of course no nugget cover, some $2 quickee stop sunglasses and that's about it. First time I pulled up to go riding with him I just shook my head. He claims sportbikers get all the good gear....apparently he hasn't looked at 99.9% of HD riders that at least have a leather jacket. Might not have armor or be the best leather but anything is better than his getup! I'll snap a pic of him this summer - puss won't ride unless it's 70 plus (hmmmm...wonder why!). :laugh:

That guy had better hope that he CANT get a knee down....or he'll no longer have a knee.:laugh:

I got a 46 yr old HD Road King rider at work that makes this guy look protected!! He ALWAYS wears shorts (raggedy old cut off cammies), a tank top and yes...open toe sandals (GHEY!)....and of course no nugget cover, some $2 quickee stop sunglasses and that's about it. First time I pulled up to go riding with him I just shook my head. He claims sportbikers get all the good gear....apparently he hasn't looked at 99.9% of HD riders that at least have a leather jacket. Might not have armor or be the best leather but anything is better than his getup! I'll snap a pic of him this summer - puss won't ride unless it's 70 plus (hmmmm...wonder why!). :laugh:

I want to see that guy! You know,, there is always a handful of those that believe that they will not go down. :laugh:???

How about wearing down the spikes on my fairing ? and yes I can get my knee down even with the bike stretched out .

000_1381.jpg

Videos and pics are the best way to work on your body position. You think you're leaning soo much farther than you really are.

When the knee touches down on the street, that is my cue to slow down :;):

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

hey Charles I got a friend that says Busa's can't keep up on the track . He rides a R1 and I said it all depends on the rider . I will show him your shots . Very Nice !!!

yes I can get my knee down even with the bike stretched out .

just for the record, being lowered and stretched makes it easier to get a knee down but, you're not going as fast to do it, you're just closer to the ground to start with so you've run outta lean angle due to being lowered. I went out and got pucks because I had actually scuffed my pants a few times by accident when my busa was lowered, I raised it back to stock height and now I'm going even faster around the same corners but havent got a knee down since!...kinda sucks in a way since I spent the money on pucks:laugh:

Back