Do you drag your knee?

Do you drag your knee? - On the street??!! [NOT TRACK!]

• Lean??  What is lean?  I am lucky to make it through a turn!

Votes: 97 99.0%
  • I don't lean aggressively.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I lean a good bit, but nowhere near the ground!

• I know I am close, but I haven't touched down yet...

• I would touch down, but I don’t hang off.

• Because I am stupid and ride with jeans, I refuse to drag my knee.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Occasionally I scrape my puck a tiny bit.

• I get solid contact with the street from time-to-time.

• My knee gets hot from the amount of time it spends down there!

• I go through a set of knee sliders each time I go out bitch!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of times where that knee could/should go down, but them damn jeans just don't up... So I keep them knees tucked up and in...

Sliders would be good, but then... you shouldn't be riding at that level on the street anyway, that's what the track is for. A cop sees you knee down on an onramp your going to get a ticket and some BS lecture... regardless of your speed... I have actually heard of this happening...

But really knee down on the street and riding at 9/10ths is really just sorta thick in the mellon...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091130204 -->

And.... I have also seen so many folks draggin knee because it &quot;Looks cool&quot; that are slower than hell, just hanging WAY off the side with that knee WAY out there... Hell I could just about drag knee in a straight line, won't make me fast... laugh.gif

Instead of a knee I will go around a left hand corner and drag my hand for fun sometimes, but this wears a hole in my glove...I haven't done it lately, but I am getting older....But still fun to do no matter how stupid it is...Of course I make sure of traffic, use the same favorite corner, and make sure that it is as safe as possible hanging off with one hand...it is easier than it sounds

my leathers don't have pucks.. hehe so I didn't know what to vote...

I think i could.. just never stuck my knee out there... too much drag hahahah.. yah right.

do scrappin' pegs count?

Inthexring - i did that a few times till it messed up a pair of gloves and decided it was kinda fun,, but not worth the 50-60$ for gloves.

Yeah I kind stopped as well because it does not take long at all to wear a hole in a glove when it scraps on the ground. I think the last time I did it is when I saw this harley guy with highway pegs crusing around my favorite corner and scrapped my hand as I passed him. He took off fast at the nest light and I let him. Didn't want to hurt his feelings too bad...Have you ever noticed how sensitive those big harley guys our...must of had a bad childhood

there's a nice twisty section of highway west of us here, I touch my left but not my right side most of the time through it ...

I always leave myself some extra on the street. You never know;gravel,rabbit,oil,big crack,car, or mack truck! I'll never take it to the pegs unless I get on the track.

I'm trying to prolong the life of my knee sliders right now 'cause they are completely shot from the track. But, yes, I put my knee down on the street often.

Some of the local guys on R1s, GSXR750s, and the like talk about how fast their bikes are in the turns and how sluggish the big old busa is. After we go through a few turns though, with me draggin' my knees through the turns and pullin' away, they seem to loose heart. They usually pull up to me where I'm waiting at the next stop sign, shaking their heads and saying &quot; Damn, I didn't think the 'busa handled like that!&quot; I think I'll get some of those sparky knee pucks for the street. That'll really get them! smile.gif

my leathers don't have pucks.. hehe  so I didn't know what to vote...

I think i could.. just never stuck my knee out there... too much drag hahahah.. yah right.

do scrappin' pegs count?

Inthexring - i did that a few times till it messed up a pair of gloves and decided it was kinda fun,, but not worth the 50-60$ for gloves.
How F'n far over do you have to be before the peg will scrap. My tire is now scrubbed in all the way to the edge and the peg doesn't scrape. My show does though. I have decided against doing the Buell peg mod after I started scraping my shoe. There is no way I have the room to spare to drop those suckers.

Oracle,
I dont have sliders yet so havn't touched down on the street but could easily do so when hanging off. Don't want to leave my patella behind after draggin with jeans, OUCH! smile.gif

Yeah, wearing knee pucks on the street screams , &quot;Squid&quot;.

So while, I could easily scrap a hole in my Jeans or Street leathers,
I choose to be conservative that way.

why not? i'll jump on the 4 yr old thread. beerchug.gif i haven't yet, but with about an 1/16 of an inch on each side of the rear, i could probably say i'm closer than i think.

What are the chances of a thread being pulled up 4 years ago to the day?

Yes I drag my knee on the street every time I ride. I don't ride except for fun &amp; only twisties. I wear full leathers every time I ride. We have some great twistie roads that are very clean here &amp; around Austin.

I have a larger contact patch on the ground, plus the added stability of my knee on the ground than &quot;Joe sit straight up &amp; drag pegs or fairings.&quot; Seeing people ride like that scares the crap out of me - lowside in the making. I believe Kevin has used his knee to save a low side before &amp; I have too.
With proper body positioning, lines &amp; speed it can be safely. Rubber2burn rides w/ me quite a bit &amp; has followed my lines through some great roads.

Ancient thread laugh.gif

Back 4 years ago I didn't drag knee, but now I do.

On the street its very rare, just a scrape here and there. I leave the puck grinding for the track.

I wear my pucks on the street. Why would I take them off?

I'm one of the jeans people (full suit was on the list this summer then lightning killed my AC/heatpump. House comes first, there went my suit) so toe slider on my boots is as close as I've got. Guess I could wrap my knees in duct tape like Kenny Roberts used to and try that.. Nah.

Yeah, wearing knee pucks on the street screams , &quot;Squid&quot;.
Are you for real or just gay? That is the dumbest thing anyone could have said but I will chalk it up as you do not know how to ride or have any real desire to ride a sport bike. Sport bike are designed to lean and if you get a knee down that just makes it that much better.  Do not get me wrong here I not saying one should try to get a knee down on the street but if it happens it happens.  As for the Knee puck when I am on the twisties I wear them and I am sure a few others do s well all you have to do is look at the bash Pic's and see how many squids as you call them are wearing pucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back