busa knee dragging.........

Here are a few on my favorite road, the last one is my favorite.:beerchug:

DM_40335.jpg

20110605_PalomarMountain_0017.jpg

20110605_PalomarMountain_0208.jpg

I do, but the Busa won't lean over quite as far as a 600/750/1000. The right lower fairing will also drag the road easier than the left, as the clutch cover sits out further. The stock mufflers also drag easily. Muffler and fairing dragging both are asking for a lowside. It took me a while to learn to get further off the Busa seat than a smaller bike to avoid this.
Your height and length of your legs directly affects how easy your knee does or doesn't touch, and how much you need to shift in the seat to accomplish that.
Most importantly, you need to be more concerned with good control and braking and not just trying to purposely put your knee down. There comes a point where putting your knee down will just happen because the and angle of the curve at that speed will require it.
There's also many a curve where I can drag a knee, but it is not needed, and would even slow me down.
Some track guys will be along with better advice, just don't push it fore the sole purpose of having your knee on the road.:thumbsup:

Very well put.

"Your height and length of your legs directly affects how easy your knee does or doesn't touch"...this is where my problem is. am a 5'6 midget.

Those are the best pics I've seen with two riders !! I Love your wife !! I've only had one girlfriend that liked riding and she would scream when I got low .

Thank you, It really is easy, Ya just lift your leg up, rest your arm on it while it is in the air, And the knee that is down holds ya up from falling off. I figure that if everything is right you shouldnt have any pressure on outside peg anyway so I said what the heck and tried it, Your leg wants to naturally come off anyway so you just let it float out as ya round the corner and then pull it back in:thumbsup: Try it sometime and you will see what I mean.

Back