Sig 229

Takeuon make sure you realize it is an auto cartridge and designated .357 sig .
A very hot rnd with power but not .357 Magnum the revlover cartridge.
:thumbsup:

The only drawback I see with the .357 sig round is the lack of cheap practice ammo. You can drop in a .40 barrel and it will still work with the .357 sig magazines. There are also some custom 9mm barrels out there. Quality carry self defense ammo will cost about the same regardless of the three calibers listed here.

I got my Sig P229 in yesterday. As I said at the beginning of this thread these sigs are CPO turn-ins. We ordered two of them in excellent condition. The ones that arrived were in very good condition however I wouldn't consider them to be in excellent condition. As far as function they are very tight with no damage. The night sights are sort of dim and both guns exhibit holster wear. One of the guns barrel shows alot of use and the other looks as if it wasn't used that much. I can tell that one is an older model than the other because the older models have a solid spring guide. The newer ones have a hollow spring guide. Overall I think these are good guns in very good condition but not excellent condition. I will not contact (Zanders Sporting Goods) about their condition because I think they will function fine as all sigs do. Also the price was right for $432.00 .Just wanted to let you all know what we got in case one of you all decide to order one. Make sure you ask them detailed questions prior to ordering any of these guns. I will shoot them once the weather clears up.......det45

Last edited:
Bottle neck rounds feed very reliably. Down side they are harder to reload, but like the Professor said you can swap out the barrels out to .40 for plinking, a much easer round to reload if your in to that. If I was going to buy any new hand gun it would be the sig p229 or the FN 5.7, those are pretty cool too if not just for the noveltie.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Good idea. Makes it more useable if the SHTF.
Carry the .357 barrel as well as .40 so any ammo you find of either can be used.

I like the Crimsen Trace Laser Grips, going to get a set for my P229. :thumbsup:

Just put a down payment on a law enforcement turn in Sig Sauer P229 .357 with night sights (excellent condition) $432.00 including shipping. The gun hasn't arrived yet but it should be any day now.

Buy ammo instead.
you will lose time waiting to see the laser.
Your brain will become conditioned to 'wait' for the red light.

Self defense, CCW your not gonna be looking at your sights or gun or laser.
With enough practice it will become a disciplined and trained reaction to anothers action.
Point shooting is what you need to practice on.
No different than throwing a baseball. With your hand and mind you guide the ball.
Well 'be the bullet'. In time without looking at gun or sights you should be able to point/hip shoot accurately out to any distance that could be considered 'self defense' without need of a beam guiding you.

Do they work ? Yes
Do they increase accuracy ? Is an Xtre any good...:laugh:
In some applications yes it is a vital part but not up close self defense I dont think.

0-10 feet is 90% of self defense type situations.
Draw fire 2 to the chest and 1 to the noggin if still needed in less than a second should be the minimum goal.
ALOT CAN HAPPEN IN 1 SECOND

my .02

You make sense, the grips are cool anyway though....

Buy ammo instead.
you will lose time waiting to see the laser.
Your brain will become conditioned to 'wait' for the red light.

Self defense, CCW your not gonna be looking at your sights or gun or laser.
With enough practice it will become a disciplined and trained reaction to anothers action.
Point shooting is what you need to practice on.
No different than throwing a baseball. With your hand and mind you guide the ball.
Well 'be the bullet'. In time without looking at gun or sights you should be able to point/hip shoot accurately out to any distance that could be considered 'self defense' without need of a beam guiding you.

Do they work ? Yes
Do they increase accuracy ? Is an Xtre any good...:laugh:
In some applications yes it is a vital part but not up close self defense I dont think.

0-10 feet is 90% of self defense type situations.
Draw fire 2 to the chest and 1 to the noggin if still needed in less than a second should be the minimum goal.
ALOT CAN HAPPEN IN 1 SECOND

my .02

I have that exact same piece. It is without a doubt, the best handgun I've ever owned.

Congrats on the find! Great price too! :thumbsup:

Thank you , looking forward to shooting it soon. :thumbsup: By the way Zanders Sporting Goods still have more in stock for $432.00

I have that exact same piece. It is without a doubt, the best handgun I've ever owned.

Congrats on the find! Great price too! :thumbsup:

Back