Can you defend your life carrying a pistol in condition 3?

If I lived in fear I'd probably want a gun too.

Spending time in Paris, London, Sydney, Melbourne and at home in Brisbane recently I don't have that problem.
Person experience, not "I found it on the Internet"

Hold on to your guns tight boys. It sounds like your afraid to part with them.
What an awful way to live.

If I lived in fear I'd probably want a gun too.

Spending time in Paris, London, Sydney, Melbourne and at home in Brisbane recently I don't have that problem.
Person experience, not "I found it on the Internet"

Hold on to your guns tight boys. It sounds like your afraid to part with them.
What an awful way to live.

The awful way to live is under the rule of a govt that passes meaningless laws criminals never abide by.
Never said I live in fear? I'd like to know where you get that from?
You name five cities and call that worldly experience? :rofl: add a zero to that and you'll be close to number of cities I've spent time in.

I said "live in fear" as you obviously feel a need to be armed,
i dont. Neither do my friends and family.

The city's were named because I'd either lived there or they were
(Such as London) relevant to the topic. 3 different country's,
all with quite restricted gun ownership.

I understand its popular to use false figures to show how awful
other places are without guns, but in reality, its fiction, twisted numbers
to promote the need to carry or own firearms.

Some aren't smart enough to see it, other are blinkered as it supports what they want to hear.

I understand the US is in too deep to just hand them in.
Having the good guys unarmed and not the crim's certainly has a negative knock on.
Pretending you don't have a higher crime rate, don't have a HUGE jail population, and pretending owning guns helps keep other crimes down has been shown again and again to be false. Cooking the books, comparing apples and oranges, to support a failing system.

LEGEND ......

Cop story :laugh:

I made a traffic stop on an elderly lady the other day for speeding on U.S. 166 Eastbound at Mile Marker 73 just East of Sedan, KS. I asked for her driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance. The lady took out the required information and handed it to me. In with the cards I was somewhat surprised (due to her advanced age) to see she had a conceal carry permit. I looked at her and ask if she had a weapon in her possession at this time.

She responded that she indeed had a .45 automatic in her glove box. Something â€â€￾ body language, or the way she said it â€â€￾ made me want to ask if she had any other firearms. She did admit to also having a 9mm Glock in her center console. Now I had to ask one more time if that was all. She responded once again that she did have just one more, a .38 special in her purse. I then asked her what was she so afraid of.

She looked me right in the eye and said, "Not a damn thing!"

LEGEND ......

Cop story :laugh:

I made a traffic stop on an elderly lady the other day for speeding on U.S. 166 Eastbound at Mile Marker 73 just East of Sedan, KS. I asked for her driver's license, registration, and proof of insurance. The lady took out the required information and handed it to me. In with the cards I was somewhat surprised (due to her advanced age) to see she had a conceal carry permit. I looked at her and ask if she had a weapon in her possession at this time.

She responded that she indeed had a .45 automatic in her glove box. Something — body language, or the way she said it — made me want to ask if she had any other firearms. She did admit to also having a 9mm Glock in her center console. Now I had to ask one more time if that was all. She responded once again that she did have just one more, a .38 special in her purse. I then asked her what was she so afraid of.

She looked me right in the eye and said, "Not a damn thing!"

:rofl::thumbsup: I like this old lady. She's ok in my book. I hope you let her off with a warning.

here in rural PA where i live...mostly white all my life...now...not so much...the other day..4 out of 5 killed in a high speed chase after homeowner caught them burglarizing his home when he came home for lunch. perp took off and within few mins lost control doing 100 on a dirt road and instantly killed 4 out of 5 in car. yes...they were all of "non white" persuasion. driver had loaded handgun in holster on him (stolen from earlier robbery) and 3 other loaded handguns recovered in the vehicle (again stolen) ages 40, 22, 19, 17, 15. only the 22 yr old survived. it was father, brother in law, brother in law, son, son. this ended a 3 week stream of armed break ins locally. now i REMIND if asked (occasionally i do get asked why i carry) these folks were PREPARED to ENSURE they completed their task and that included having weapons loaded and ready IN CASE YOU INTERFERED.... at that point i point out....i think your crazy to believe ...IT CANT HAPPEN HERE AND IT WONT HAPPEN TO YOU!!...

Look, Tony has his opinion and he's entitled to it. At least he moved to a country that matches his attitude about guns, rather than living here and trying to change ours....

In a PERFECT WORLD, nobody would need guns, and Cain would not have killed Abel...

I find your firearms / gun posts and threads quite interesting.

I used to shoot a lot, clays, wildlife / vermin etc, mostly shotguns. I like shooting.
40 years in the UK and 11 in AU we are not used to seeing firearms legally carried and common place.

It's interesting how we have very different attitudes and acceptance in different countries.
Folk would have an absolute meltdown here at the thought of someone with a gun in store!

It said a whole rack of baseball bats were available. Just imagine how much fun you could have had in OZ without a gun. :laugh:

yea we do have the 2nd amendment. and as a result we have one of the highest crime rates on the planet for a modern country.

You're making that up because you sure aren't getting it from factual data!

the US is free and the UK isn't? the UK is free from living in a world where they don't have to worry about being car jacked or home invaded or shot during a street or store robbery so in reality who actually has more freedom?

If you think people aren't carjacked, or assaulted in a great many ways in the UK, again, you're not working with facts.

the US has 10x the death rate as the UK and AU with guns so again who actually has more freedom to go anywhere or do anything without having the worry about being SHOT!

"...with guns..." being the key operative portion of your comment, there. I don't need a gun to assault another person and to batter them, rob them, etc. I can do it with my bare hands. I don't, but criminals do. Guns balance the equation between a criminal, armed or not, and his victim who is otherwise frail and incapable. Guns in this country do a lot more to STOP violent crime than to cause it. And lack of guns in UK allows crime to progress unabated.

sure, the UK has far more knife violence but you know wat happens wen a criminal pulls out a knife wen tryn to car jack someone? they jus drive away.....:whistle: and I can't remember the last time I responded to a call where a stray knife went thru someones window and killed them as I personally observed a week ago wen I seen a 58 yr old woman DEAD from a stray round to her head as she was taking a shower while criminals with GUNS were outside her apt shooting up the joint smh.

Carjackers with guns can be escaped by driving away if they are that inept at their craft. The one's who know what they're doing don't need weapons. But if you have a gun, you can still stop them.

Probably not a lot you can do to stop gangbangers, regardless. Can't take their guns away, not with legislation, that's for sure.

we need guns here cause the criminals have guns. if there were no guns in the first place like in the UK and the punishment for such was more severe no one wud giv a rats as about the 2nd amendment cause no one wud need it!

If there were no guns, criminals would have every reason to switch to other weapons or even just larger size, etc. Most rapes, for example, happen with weapons other than guns. Criminals really don't need guns but victims who have them are no longer mere victims.

Oh, waitaminnit. UK and AU both have had increases in crimes because --gasp-- victims can't stop them! It's tragic, really.

Part of the statistical data you're missing is the one where someone pulls a gun but does NOT pull the trigger and shoot, thus preventing an assault on their person.

But wait. Nobody collects that information. Bummer.

--Wag--

As for the OP, carrying with an empty chamber is far too risky. I wouldn't expect to do a fast draw from concealment in any case, but I wouldn't want to take longer than necessary.

--Wag--

While I can see Mr. Walker's point about not having his jacket on, I don't agree. Since the suspect didn't say anything, it is an assumption that "Trevor" wanted his weapon. I live in Oklahoma where we have open carry as well. I carry a Sig P2022 (9mm) as primary carry weapon. It is the same frame as the P226. I do carry a retention holster. There will be folks that say a retention holster will not stop someone from taking the weapon. Correct, it will not but it will make it more difficult. Given that "Trevor" allegedly has a history of mental illness, I submit the attack was likely to happen anyway. Great job to Mr. Walker on his actions and restraint.

I would have shot that piece of **** just for being a piece of ****. F him....

And if his step into the BG didn't go as planned and he became engaged in a close in struggle which hand would he have used to load his weapon? He's lucky the guy went on the ground and he had time to step back and load it. I'm not taking that chance. Mines loaded. I can draw and shoot with one hand if need be.

I don't live in an open carry state, I believe there's only four states that forbid open carry in the US. Don anyone that carries concealed or open should practice weapon retention techniques regardless of holster. Blanca, if you have to absolutely take someones life that's just the way it is but it's absolutely nothing you want to do. Your life and your families life will be forever changed. I feel your comments were a little tongue in cheek.

Just saying, but when I lived in South Africa, I carried concealed always and everywhere. Actually used it twice, protecting myself without killing anyone, but scaring the crap out of the perpetrator.

In the good o'l USA I went for the carry course and got all the forms ready for the permit, but just never got to doing it. I have never felt the need here, but what scares me most are all the free lance attorneys looking for work and cleaning out my bank account should I dare pull the trigger. The legal ramifications of using a firearm in the US IMHO is not worth it.

Just saying, but when I lived in South Africa, I carried concealed always and everywhere. Actually used it twice, protecting myself without killing anyone, but scaring the crap out of the perpetrator.

In the good o'l USA I went for the carry course and got all the forms ready for the permit, but just never got to doing it. I have never felt the need here, but what scares me most are all the free lance attorneys looking for work and cleaning out my bank account should I dare pull the trigger. The legal ramifications of using a firearm in the US IMHO is not worth it.

Homocide rate per 100,000 capita today country rankings:

South Africa = 11
Mexico = 22
USA =111 way down the bottom of the list.

Back