Serial Numbers

viol8r, No, my bike is blk/gr and it was purchased in Madison. There is a guy in Evansville that has a cop/sil bike his name is Craig, I don't know where he purchased it but it has a very low frame number. I have talked with him a couple times and he has not experienced any problems.

#2102467 manufactured 3/99. No problems so far. Initial missed shifts from 5th-6th have disappeared. Removal and close inspection of in tank fuel strainer showed no brown crud. Actual screen material appeared brown but looked clean and fuel appeared to flow through it freely.

Two cut outs - and a couple of major 'stumbles'. Local dealer has seen the bulletins from Suzuki - now waiting on parts.
Both cut outs occured after hard acceleration, one after a quick overtake - and as I pulled back in front of the car just passed! An exciting moment, fortunately cured by bikes momentum and a convenient lay-by!

Two 10 second cutouts. One at 2800 mi and the other at 4000 mi. Now have 5200 mi on bike. Speed during both cutouts was 60-70 mph - straight and level.

Took the pump apart and found the flaky brown stuff almost completly covering a small screen and a large one. It wasn't magnetic. There was some small pieces of brown thready material on the tank filter.

Put it back together and took it for a 25 mile ride, not really long enough but had to do for today. Seemed like it had more power but couldn't get on it to much because alot of radar.

Is there a place here where #108 and #109 are posted?

And if there is updated parts I'm going to have to call the shop.
Thanks.

Did you *see* the # 108 bulletin not just the mention of it in # 109. The fuel hose routing is specific and with the number of times you have been in that area of the bike with the tank up and down a improper routed hose is possible.

#1520....build date 2/99. No cut out probs or any other reported trouble yet. Due to have the 4 fixes within 2 weeks at my So. Cal dealer-- Quinsey in El Cajon. This dealer has only sold 2 to my knowledge- small dealership but friendly helpful staff.

# 1663
1. Notchy slow gear change
2. Lost all power - still with dealer - FI error code but cause not known
3. Recalled for cam chain tensioner
4. Booked in for Service bulletin 108/9 fuel line & filters.

#3481 here in indianapolis
never a glitch !
getting new chain tensioner tomorrow.
dealer is waiting on fuel sys. parts .
micron pipe
pc2
16 tooth front sprocket
mez3 race compound tire
lowered 3 inches

dynoed 159.9 hp today uncorrected without airbox pressure.

Back