Serial Numbers

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
Please post your bikes serial numbers if you are have a problem it will help everybody else identify potential problems.

Also include the problem, because "United we Stand and Divided we Fall"

Serial #929

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 22 August 1999).]

mine has been cutting out and My chain tentioner took a dump and bent all the intake valves . my serial # is js1gw71a1x2101148

my serial # is 1118. problems are noisy cam chain, cut out high rpm only (sofar), couple of times would not start when hot motor and hot air temp, on my 2nd chain and sprockets (old one had two links out at about 4000?..........i now have about 6500 miles

if anyone wants they can e-mail me at dropwire@aol.com

Mine is #2068 D.O.M. 3/99
Cutting out in all gears when warm, at or above 5000rpm.
Off idle stumble, when warmed up.
2500 miles.

[This message has been edited by Michael Poulicakos (edited 22 August 1999).]

Two cut outs so far "lucky both times :)" Had problems with 5-6 shifting but seems to have subsided after shift lever adjustment and synthetic oil. Still seem to have rough idle after t.p.s. adjustment and runs rough around 3k rpm.The steering stabilizer seems loose and it rattles around. I still love the bike.And if they fix the fuel problem life will be good.
6200 miles #2315

4006 5/99 build date
hicup/twitch every ride. Mainly at idle and low rpm. two or three twitches in a row causes a bucking. 8/29 swapped the Yosh Box and found my power commander to be the culprit, I will send abck to replace. No other problems.
Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 29 August 1999).]

yes it will be the long 17 digit number with letters, can you send the last 7 numbers.

Did you get your bike fixed, it looks like a problem with a clogged filter screen and or a fuelline problem from what people post here as problems and fixes.

Frame number is JS1GW71A2X2100767

Since my little problem that wrecked the cylinder head 6 valves and the pistons, Suzuki rebuilt the engine and no problems since then. No noise, no cut-out, no stutter, not even a collapsed side stand.

3000km later and no problems apart from an airbourne front wheel, thankyou Suzuki !

>>KawAbuser

Thanks. The last seven digits of my frame number are: 0100327

As for the bike being fixed - well, I've only had the chance to ride 25 miles on it since I picked it up last night and it hasn't cut-out or failed to hot start yet. Therefore, so far so good. I shall be visiting the dealer later today to pick something up and will post what exactly it was they did to 'presumably' fix it later.

What a great site this it. My thanks to whomever it was that set it up and pays for it maintenance.

Regards

>>KawAbuser

I can find no reference to a serial number for my bike in any of the documentation I possess. I wonder if what you call a serial number in America is what we call in England the frame number? Am I right?

My frame number is 17 digits long - do you want just the last few digits or am I talking rubbish here?

By the way, I got the bike back yesterday - see "BusOwnerInBlighty" thread.

Regards

Serial # 03088 Slight off idle lag when new, installed Yosh full pipe, lag worse. Still waiting for my PCI I

With PCII now installed, bike runs and sounds great!!

[This message has been edited by R PRYOR (edited 29 August 1999).]

[This message has been edited by R PRYOR (edited 08 October 1999).]

Richard--The PC2 should eliminate the problem. Be sure to check to ne sure your throttle plates are in sync if it doesn.t go away, and also adjuct your Throttle Position Sensor (TPS).
Bob

OK now there sould be more listing of #

And the # is JS1GW71A8X2100028

No major problem, just making it better for me. But I do have a few thangs that bother me clutch and fuel injection..

#28 in CA, I know of # 27 But looking for lower #,

[This message has been edited by mrabusa_h (edited 22 September 1999).]

2103386 No cut outs yet, strainer in gas tank clean, only problem so far notchy, shitty trans. fixed by adjusting tps.6400 miles.

First cutouts this morning going under 40mph. As soon as I pulled over it would start. Happened 4 times then was all right for 8 miles. Got on it a couple times and went slow a few times.

Tank filter yesterday looked clean.
Going to look at the rest of the filters now. 7200 miles.

[This message has been edited by viol8r (edited 26 September 1999).]

Boosadave is your bike copper and was it test driven before you bought it? If it was it's possibly from Dubuque.

Back