Rubbah is locked down... sick day

I tried to join in on this little show, but was too busy at work to respond.

RSD, it looks like you've had a good day at home. One of these days I should just call in and start drinking. Sure would be a hell of a lot more fun.
laugh.gif

Now we return to our regularly scheduled show...
cool.gif

Hope yer feelin better!

I tried to join in on this little show, but was too busy at work to respond.

RSD, it looks like you've had a good day at home.  One of these days I should just call in and start drinking.  Sure would be a hell of a lot more fun.
laugh.gif

Now we return to our regularly scheduled show...
cool.gif

Hope yer feelin better!
we all need it....now an' again.

It lets us know we're human.

I took 2 sick days last year.

1 so far this year.

Not a bad record. I would actually have prefered to have gone to work. I really like my job. But the bastids kicked me out yesterday afternoon.

ya.... I'm feelin' better. Ok, maybe not better...but different...
drooling3.gif

Just got over that one myself.....didn't have to take time off work though ya pussy.
Hey.....pull yer arms in closer to ya too....yer not that big
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
poke.gif
o great,another tuff guy.  

Pussy eh....well my cold
drinka.gif
is worse than yer cold...

so there.

Put my arms down....hee hee hee.   I get that alot.
Thats actually not tuff-guy, or big giant lats...
   its actually comfort.  I cracked a couple vertabrae an' popped a couple discs, so if I walk around like Frankenstein's monster it hurts less. I actually ride like that too, back arched , chest out, chin up.  It really helps.

I only took 5 days off work when that happened, beat that...MR. No-Time-Off.  

When I shattered my foot, I used my 2 piece pool que as a cane an' walked down to the pub everyday for a week.
 Then I got out a bread knife an' cut the fuggin' cast off.
Guess I should have kept it on longer than 10 days.

I come from a long line of so-callled tuff guys.  My Dad walked home from the hospital an' went swimming 6 days after a quadruple by-pass operation.

drink.gif

hav a good 1 Bill....summer is  commin...  an' were gonna hook -up.
Come on O'l boy...tell me a tuff guy story that's actually impressive will ya....those one's nearly put me to sleep.

How bout this one (tree huggers, and hunting haters beware....don't read beyond this if you think you don't want to hear it!!!!

I was huntin the year before last, and shot a 348lb buck.
So I swim through the ditch were it fell, but left my new gun on the other side....didn't want to get it muddy.
I jump out on the other side of the ditch, and realize the damn things still totally alive, and tryin to get up.....bad thing about a big buck when he gets up, and he's only wounded is that 80% of the time they come after you.
So I run over as fast as I can, and grab his rack (5 points per side), which right at that moment I realize was probably not the smartest thing to do, cuz this buggers big and I don't know if I can hold him down...while he's kickin like a mudder fugger.
First thing I realize is that I'm standing in about 8 inches of water, so I figure, Either I drown him, or he kills me.
So I push down as hard as I can so that his nose and mouth are completely buried in the mud, and tried to hold him there.
Nope.....wasn't happening.....he jumps up with his back legs, and pushes me about 10' closer to the ditch I just swam thru....damn lucky I stayed on my feet, or curtains.
By now I'm thinking I have one chance left as he's pushin against me like crazy......get him into that deep ditch where his legs won't touch the bottom, and drown him there (remember I cannot let go this whole time, cuz I'm afraid that racks gonna rip me to shreds).
So adreneline pumping like crazy....I yank him as hard as I can bit by bit towards the ditch till I'm about 10' away, then with one last jerk....I throw him, and myself into the ditch.....we both go under for about 2 seconds....where I get wacked by his kicking legs about 5 times, then with every ounce of energy left I stick the bugger under the water, and held him down with him kicking for what seemed like an eternity, till he stopped moving....to this day, I don't know how much time had lapsed, but my Dad who was hunting with me, but was a little over a mile away said that between my cell call when I told him I had shot one, and the time he arrived on sight, he said at least 15 minutes had lapsed.
Deffinately the craziest and stupidist thing I have ever lived thru...... I learned a valuable lesson that day...don't bother hunting unless you're willing to pay the ultimate price.
And yes...i know you absolutely hate hunting....so call me a redneck then, or whatever you like.
I'm just glad to be alive.
Oh yeah.......that was the last time I ever hunted.......won't take chances like that again.
And yes we did eat it!!

tounge.gif

I'd go for Turkish Oozo if I was still drinking. That would dull the pain, and probbably get me fired if they do a random drug screen. I drank that stuff when I was in Germany, and I don't really remember getting sick. Okay, okay! I don't remember much about Germany either!

Hope you feel better tomorrow. We can only have so many sick or injured riders on the board.

Ya, ya! I hear the snowed-on riders laughing their a$$es off at us. "They've got good weather and they can't ride! Ha!" Well
tounge.gif
to you too!

Rubbah Me Brother. Good To have ya back in the spirit. Now then In honor of your sick day I am going to do something I allmost never do...

Going to (Gasp) Drink me a Guiness, or two, or THREE in your honor and I'll watch me a DVD. I'm Thinking "Fight Club"

No I'm not sick, just feeling inspired by your best work here in a year or so. Not to mention the pluggin of my DVD rewinder. I am really hoping that little venture bears fruit...

Have an Intoxicated one Bro.

Rev

Just got over that one myself.....didn't have to take time off work though ya pussy.
Hey.....pull yer arms in closer to ya too....yer not that big
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
poke.gif
o great,another tuff guy.  

Pussy eh....well my cold
drinka.gif
is worse than yer cold...

so there.

Put my arms down....hee hee hee.   I get that alot.
Thats actually not tuff-guy, or big giant lats...
   its actually comfort.  I cracked a couple vertabrae an' popped a couple discs, so if I walk around like Frankenstein's monster it hurts less. I actually ride like that too, back arched , chest out, chin up.  It really helps.

I only took 5 days off work when that happened, beat that...MR. No-Time-Off.  

When I shattered my foot, I used my 2 piece pool que as a cane an' walked down to the pub everyday for a week.
 Then I got out a bread knife an' cut the fuggin' cast off.
Guess I should have kept it on longer than 10 days.

I come from a long line of so-callled tuff guys.  My Dad walked home from the hospital an' went swimming 6 days after a quadruple by-pass operation.

drink.gif

hav a good 1 Bill....summer is  commin...  an' were gonna hook -up.
Come on O'l boy...tell me a tuff guy story that's actually impressive will ya....those one's nearly put me to sleep.

How bout this one (tree huggers, and hunting haters beware....don't read beyond this if you think you don't want to hear it!!!!

I was huntin the year before last, and shot a 348lb buck.
So I swim through the ditch were it fell, but left my new gun on the other side....didn't want to get it muddy.
I jump out on the other side of the ditch, and realize the damn things still totally alive, and tryin to get up.....bad thing about a big buck when he gets up, and he's only wounded is that 80% of the time they come after you.
So I run over as fast as I can, and grab his rack (5 points per side), which right at that moment I realize was probably not the smartest thing to do, cuz this buggers big and I don't know if I can hold him down...while he's kickin like a mudder fugger.
First thing I realize is that I'm standing in about 8 inches of water, so I figure, Either I drown him, or he kills me.
So I push down as hard as I can so that his nose and mouth are completely buried in the mud, and tried to hold him there.
Nope.....wasn't happening.....he jumps up with his back legs, and pushes me about 10' closer to the ditch I just swam thru....damn lucky I stayed on my feet, or curtains.
By now I'm thinking I have one chance left as he's pushin against me like crazy......get him into that deep ditch where his legs won't touch the bottom, and drown him there (remember I cannot let go this whole time, cuz I'm afraid that racks gonna rip me to shreds).
So adreneline pumping like crazy....I yank him as hard as I can bit by bit towards the ditch till I'm about 10' away, then with one last jerk....I throw him, and myself into the ditch.....we both go under for about 2 seconds....where I get wacked by his kicking legs about 5 times, then  with every ounce of energy left I stick the bugger under the water, and held him down with him kicking for what seemed like an eternity, till he stopped moving....to this day, I don't know how much time had lapsed, but my Dad who was hunting with me, but was a little over a mile away said that between my cell call when I told him I had shot one, and the time he arrived on sight, he said at least 15 minutes had lapsed.
Deffinately the craziest and stupidist thing I have ever lived thru...... I learned a valuable lesson that day...don't bother hunting unless you're willing to pay the ultimate price.
And yes...i know you absolutely hate hunting....so call me a redneck then, or whatever you like.
I'm just glad to be alive.
Oh yeah.......that was the last time I ever hunted.......won't take chances like that again.
And yes we did eat it!!
Helluva story there MSF!

Rubba wish I wouldnt have missed your home party! Looks like it was fun.

-Bill

tounge.gif

OK Monster, yer forcing me to pull out all the stops.

Good hunting story, you have to realize I was pulling(hee hee hee) the entire time for the buck to win.

As soon as I get the photo's scaned I'll show ya a good one, I was able to walk away from too.

stand by....

I cant find the picture I was looking for Bill....

But I did find a photo that that has courage written all over it...

check this out...

Back