Tired of being sick and Tired

(NightCrawler @ Nov. 27 2006,16:37) I find it funny that a while back I started a thread stating racial topics of any sorts shouldn't be posted here as they have no place here. I remember saying something like, "The one thing that brings us together is our love for bikes, so why start threads about something that seperates us?". It was in response to a few "jokes" but it was meant towards racial topics in general. 2 or 3 days later it was locked and deemed "pointless".

Heh ... yeah ...
As I recall, it wasn't the thread that was pointless, it was where the comments started going....

Pretty sure that was why I locked it....

(05 Busa LE @ Nov. 26 2006,15:03) I believe God created us all, and that we need to respect one another in our words and actions.
super.gif

(MC MUSTANG @ Nov. 27 2006,20:36)
(NightCrawler @ Nov. 27 2006,16:37) I find it funny that a while back I started a thread stating racial topics of any sorts shouldn't be posted here as they have no place here. I remember saying something like, "The one thing that brings us together is our love for bikes, so why start threads about something that seperates us?". It was in response to a few "jokes" but it was meant towards racial topics in general. 2 or 3 days later it was locked and deemed "pointless".

Heh ... yeah ...
As I recall, it wasn't the thread that was pointless, it was where the comments started going....

beerchug.gif

(MC MUSTANG @ Nov. 26 2006,07:12) Ty,
I just went in and added every form of that word (that I could think of) to the database as a word to be replaced...  if someone manages to post it up, they will have had to try specifically to do it, demonstrating a tremendous lack of respect for fellow members... so, if I see it, it wil be gone - and along with it will come a "cooling off" for the offender....
If I am on a power trip, then so be it, but I don't see how ANY member of this board has the right to blatently disrespect other members....
We say that when someone complains the content goes away.  Well, consider this a blanket complaint from me.  Call it keyboard muscle if you want to - but everyone one here deserves better than the throwing of racial slurs and epithets....

Don't like it?  Think 'ole MCM is outside the box on this one?   Take it up with CAp or one of the other Admins... 'cause I won't even discuss this one.
***This is a test of the emergency word replacement system, this is only a test***
Honkey
redneck
white trailer trash
Ghost
Spoof
Awe heck I can't remember anymore...
***If this was a real emergency you would have been instructed.........................

(KoK-LoL @ Nov. 27 2006,21:05)
I just went in and added every form of that word (that I could think of) to the database as a word to be replaced...  if someone manages to post it up, they will have had to try specifically to do it, demonstrating a tremendous lack of respect for fellow members... so, if I see it, it wil be gone - and along with it will come a "cooling off" for the offender....
If I am on a power trip, then so be it, but I don't see how ANY member of this board has the right to blatently disrespect other members....
We say that when someone complains the content goes away.  Well, consider this a blanket complaint from me.  Call it keyboard muscle if you want to - but everyone one here deserves better than the throwing of racial slurs and epithets....

Don't like it?  Think 'ole MCM is outside the box on this one?   Take it up with CAp or one of the other Admins... 'cause I won't even discuss this one.
***This is a test of the emergency word replacement system, this is only a test***
Honkey
redneck
white trailer trash
Ghost
Spoof
***If this was a real emergency you would have been instructed.........................
Hadn't seen those posted up here, and certainly hadn't made a big stir...

But that kind of stuff can be added if those words are thrown around in a blatently disrespectful manner....

Heh ... yeah ...

One particular mod said ... and I quote " this topic is pointless."

Check your PM.

(NightCrawler @ Nov. 28 2006,06:37)

Heh ... yeah ...

Check your PM.
Saw it - gotcha. I tihink the point of all this is that it is very difficult to determine someone's intent when we don't know them, can't see thier mannerisms, etc.

I'll be honest - the only racial issue that I have ever known is the divide between Sailors and Marines...

(MC MUSTANG @ Nov. 28 2006,11:39)
(NightCrawler @ Nov. 28 2006,06:37)

Heh ... yeah ...

Check your PM.
Saw it - gotcha.  I tihink the point of all this is that it is very difficult to determine someone's intent when we don't know them, can't see thier mannerisms, etc.

I'll be honest - the only racial issue that I have ever known is the divide between Sailors and Marines...
Where's the issue?
rock.gif
SAILORS SUCK!
laugh.gif

(MC MUSTANG @ Nov. 28 2006,03:47)

Honkey
redneck
white trailer trash
Ghost
Spoof

But that kind of stuff can be added if those words are thrown around in a blatently disrespectful manner....
Sorry buddy, Was just trying to be funny...
biggrin.gif

(KoK-LoL @ Nov. 28 2006,18:31)
(MC MUSTANG @ Nov. 28 2006,03:47)

Honkey
redneck
white trailer trash
Ghost
Spoof

Sorry buddy, Was just trying to be funny...
biggrin.gif
I know....
laugh.gif

Don't know how I wasen't in on this one, but some how I missed it. MC you are right on for what you did. I was raised with all cultures and respect all races and cultures. Just like there are no athiests in a foxhole, like wise there is no racism in the foxhole either. Never heard anyone complaining about getting his ass saved because iit what ever race that did it. Here its all about Busa's, family, friends, rides, helping each other when we can and brotherhood. Sounds like a pretty good place to hang out to me.

I just went in and added every form of that word (that I could think of) to the database as a word to be replaced... if someone manages to post it up, they will have had to try specifically to do it, demonstrating a tremendous lack of respect for fellow members... so, if I see it, it wil be gone - and along with it will come a "cooling off" for the offender....
We say that when someone complains the content goes away. Well, consider this a blanket complaint from me. Call it keyboard muscle if you want to - but everyone one here deserves better than the throwing of racial slurs and epithets....

Don't like it? Think 'ole MCM is outside the box on this one? Take it up with CAp or one of the other Admins... 'cause I won't even discuss this one.
Thanks MC
mad.gif

Ty, we've never met, but I really have a lot of respect for ya. I agree that the term has been brought back by entertainers. In my job I'm called a cracker alot. Had someone explain the term about a year ago. I have to take that with a whole lot of other shid. Maybe we'll meet someday and have a long talk. Our country becomes more f'd up everyday. But I'm not planning on going anywhere.

ok you know i am a hick ask ty he will tell you himself i grew up around corn feilds and you know i dont even use that word at all i mean hell show some respect this is not the 60's yes we have integrated wow

get over it

yes i am a hick ok

(MC MUSTANG @ Nov. 28 2006,11:39)
"The one thing that brings us together is our love for bikes, so why start threads about something that seperates us?". It was in response to a few "jokes" but it was meant towards racial topics in general. 2 or 3 days later it was locked and deemed "pointless". Heh ... yeah ...Pretty sure that was why I locked it.... One particular mod said ... and I quote " this topic is pointless." I'll be honest - the only racial issue that I have ever known is the divide between Sailors and Marines...
Oh yea! Us FlyBoy,s didn't like anyother branch!
all_coholic.gif

bowdown.gif

Back