Tired of being sick and Tired

Thanks Shawn. PM sent

So let me start of by saying that I apologize for any heartache, headache, pain, and/or frustration my thread has caused.

Ty, I think I owe you an apology. I had no idea this would get to a personal level.

There unfortunately will always be people who just will not see the pain and suffering that one word can carry when used in a hurtful manner.

I say hurtful because there are ways that term is used that can be as endearment and friendship.

I do believe that there are times and ways the term can be used with out offending anyone. I do not think that your race, creed, or color determines that. I think it is all about your intent.

RACISM is RACISM no matter what COLOR you are, using words to HURT a FELLOW MAN based on their different skin color is RACISM!!

As for 9-11 they terrorists MURDERED OUR FELLOW MAN OF ALL COLORS!!
THEY ( TERRORISTS ) DONT CARE WHAT COLOR WE ARE !!

I believe God created us all, and that we need to respect one another in our words and actions.

beerchug.gif
To you MC! Offending slurs or names that raise the BP of any org member should be banned! After all we are here to worship this well mad chink machine! How deep a word can cut depends on the force it was spat out with. We needed to put a cap on this when it got started
rock.gif
 Busa's rule
all_coholic.gif

I'm as white as they come but I was raised on the Navajo Indian reservation. I'm as conversant with racism as anyone is. It took a long time to finally realize that when someone uses a racial slur in a derogatory way, it is really a reflection of their own stupidity and not a genuine offense to me.

Once I realized that, it was no longer possible to offend me with racist terms about white people.

When I left the Navajo reservation, I moved to Missouri. Those people, including my redneck, uneducated relatives, are nearly the most racist people I've ever encountered. I've forgotten more racist jokes than most of all of you will ever hear in your lifetimes, all put together.

But you know where I encountered the most racist people of all? California. I hear Californians repeatedly state how progressive and tolerant they are and yet, they are the most racist people I've ever encountered. Not only that, but it's every race out there, putting themselves in a glorified position above all other races. Blacks do to everyone else, Mexicans do it to everyone else, Asians do it to everyone else, etc. etc. It's nauseating to hear the racism but the hypocrisy blended in with it is truly a cocktail of sewage that you can't stomach, even for a second.

There may be other people in the world who are more racist than they are. Yet, I'm not all that worried about it. All I can do is make sure that when I judge another person, it's without regard to his race, skin color, etc. etc. I will judge them based on the words coming out of their mouths and the actions being conducted by their bodies.

--Wag--

What color am I?
Dose it really matter?
Who cares?

Why must we identify people as a color or race? We are in God's Eye's all the same,
“We are a one off, custom, one of a kind piece of his handiworkâ€.

God created this universe, this world and everyone in it. People exist in their variety because God designed it that way. Put simply, racism is a criticism of His handiwork. If you told me that you did not like me because of some physical characteristic I have, I might say: "Look buddy, your beef is really with the One that created me - it has nothing to do with me. I had nothing to do with creating myself! I can't change a characteristic you don't like just because you ask me to. Like you, I did not ask to be on this planet and I did not ask to have the characteristics I have. If you do not like me that’s between you and God! Complain to Him!" So, in essence, since God’s creation is a reflection of Him maybe you would not like God if you were to meet Him? If there are red, blue, yellow, white or any other color of flowers, it’s not the flower’s fault. Flowers have nothing to do with what color they are. The intelligent being that designed the flower is responsible for their color.

Hate and intolerance only beget more hate and intolerance. That’s what is wrong with this world.

Do you really want to be a part of propagating a philosophy of life that helps fuel the fires that may ultimately wipe out humanity?

Now we don't have to agree with each other all the time or for that fact ever, but we should RESPECT each other. Brothers and Sisters, that's what we are "Like it or not".

WE SHOULD START ACTING LIKE IT!

Just my 2¢

Mr. AzBooSa, What you wrote has so much wisdom in it, that there is nothing else to really say about the subject.

God dosen't look at the outside, He looks at the heart.

Let's all look at people's hearts.

And my black and grey "06" while it's zipping by you at warp 9.

I call it as i see it. I'm not gonna get into this topic anymore but i want to state something. I've worked with hundreds and met thousands of people of all types and races. I found it usually came down to this, the race/races screaming "racism" the most, were usually the one's that dished it out most. (FYI, it wasn't all from the white folks either) Heck, all the non-white races have most of the caucasion's so in fear of being racist that it rarely happens from us.  It happens, but not on the scale the media says it does.  The world will never be one big happy family. Once you realize this, move on, be happy, and be merry to your fellow man.  This is my evaluation of life from a relativly neutral perspective.

I help people in need, but if you don't respect me, i won't respect you.

Life's a bitch, now start living it and move on.

(Rhythm @ Nov. 26 2006,04:00) Ok folks I know you guys are sick and tired or being sick and tired of seeing (reading) these racial topics or should I say the outcome. But since they're here to stay this will be my last stand defending myself and the rest of the black board members here.

I wanted to make a new topic on this because I know everyone has had it with the I'm very disapointed thread

Heres my last response I posted to the latest response about the word ****** being used.

g17  
New Recruit

Group: Donating Member
Lexington, KY
 Posted on: Nov. 25 2006,19:39        

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personally, I don't see it anymore wrong for him to say ****** than if a black said it. All I can say is so what? Let's all fall apart and go cry in a corner because someone said a word we didn't like. An individual would have to be of limited mentality to allow a word/name to upset them to such an extent. Call me what you will and I still know who I am and my worth. BTW, the word originates from the word nigra, which happens to mean black.

Rhythm  
Hayabusa Immortal

Group: Members
Col,OH
 Posted on: Nov. 25 2006,20
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats just it, you dont see, cause you dont won't to, so lets just leave it at that. No matter how we or I try to explain it, you just dont get or dont want to understand. Just like alot of thing until it happen to you. For one example before 911 I would always hear mainly my white brothers and sisters  make the comment to black people about slavery saying just let it go and forget about it. Well when 911 came around and the shoe was on the other foot everybody (whites)wanted to remember the day and to never forget. Why? So it would never happen again. Maybe, just maybe if you take the time to re read through some of the responses you might get a glimpse of why the word is looked down on by respectable black americans.
But like always we (black americans) are bundle up in a group based on a few ignorant individual using the word ******. Have times really changed ?

Dont think so, well how many of my white  brotha and sistaz here in Busaland  ever heard me or any other known black use the word ****** here on this site jokingly or seriously towards anyone here, think real hard know ?  Now think how many times a racial topic comes up  someone will always say well you guys are always calling each other that N word, so why do you get mad when the shoe is on the other foot.  Personally I cant speak for them but I'm sure everyone here knows how the black people here feel about the word ****** being used, that it is unacceptable and would atleast appreciate to know that you guys respect how we feel  and not group us up with ignorant  white or blacks that use the word comfortably.  

I feel we have a pretty tight knit family here at the .Org and hate to see it fall apart because of some outside bullshid or instigators the leak through periodically trying to stir shid up.

I'm done with this thread !!!!!!!![/Quote]
Wow! I am shocked these threads are still here. I thought any such thread would be deleted by Admin., And they should be.

Rythm, I am sorry that you and anyone else had to be subjected to this.

P.

sad.gif

For what it's worth, it seems that h.org is able to have a composed, respectful discussion about this kind of issue. I didn't see much of the Michael Richards thread because I studiously avoided it. I don't really like this kind of discussion because even though it's an important one and should be discussed, it all too often degenerates into something other than a discussion.

My kudos to everyone who takes on this and other difficult discussions without resorting to personal attacks and unthinking, overly emotional responses.

--Wag--

Wow, okay I've been away for a while with sick kids, so I see I've missed something here...

All I can say is that we generally have a very respectful group here and I've witnessed many threads that could have gone spiraling downward but didn't because most here know the line...I'm sorry that a thread became such a mess and I'll be honest, I haven't read it myself, but I guess I should...

I'll respectfully decline to add to the mess...everyone here needs to remember that not everyone feels the way another feels...the majority here do get along, don't set boundary lines between one another and show great respect...I hope that continues...
smile.gif

You know what really surprised me was the amount of racism here in the Pacific NW. Lots of it and it makes no sense. I was working in Cracker land, and I'd here more racial slurs in a day than I ever heard in Tampa... Just plain stupid, hillbilly sh!t-heads...

The more ignorant or stupid they are, the more they're afraid of "The Evil Black, or Brown Men", (They are here for our women ya know) they are. The more scared or afraid they are the more they need to wrap themselves in hate, the more hate you can wrap around your fear the better they feel...

I see racism everywhere though, Black on white has become increasingly popular as well.

My father in Law has it nailed though. He doesn't let it get to him, he grew up in Arkansas in the 60s-70s, Joined the Air Force, went to school, and got his PHD. He works for NASA now. We'd go golfing at a course near TitusVille. Walking around the club-house I'd see and here the occasional Racist slur mumbled under some scum bags breath, or someone staring at HARD at my Father-in-Law. It would send me up the damn tree, I'd go confront em' make fun of em' watch em' turn bright red. I'd raise my voice see if they really wanted to stand up behind their beliefs without their fuggin hoods on...

My FIL simply said let it go. It doesn't effect him because it doesn't reach him, he's above it, he doesn't even hear it.... I dunno, he's stronger than I am cause I couldn't let it go, I was allways ready to shut someone the hell up, or at least expose their stupidity to everyone. Folks hate being embarrassed...

EveryBody is racist though. EVERYBODY IS RACIST! If you don't think you are, just a little bit? Then your lying to yourself. Everybody here, Black, White, Latino, Pacific Islander, and Asian. Every one of us has SOME baggage, some preconceptions, some assumptions we make. Little Alarm Bells sound off and women Clench their purses, or watch their bikes a little closer. Whatever, it's out there.

The media doesn't help....

What I do like though is watching most of our younger generations. Todays kids you'll see standing around in mixed groups BSing. Less and less todays kids even notice color, they just don't give a rats azz. Unless they've been screwed up by ignorant scumbag parents preaching fear and hate...

Given the opportunity, and a few more generations I think race and Sex is likely to drop off the table completely. If folks are willing to let go of their crutches and hatred.

(AzBooSa @ Nov. 26 2006,16:09) What color am I?
Dose it really matter?
Who cares?

Why must we identify people as a color or race? We are in God's Eye's all the same,
“We are a one off, custom, one of a kind piece of his handiworkâ€.

God created this universe, this world and everyone in it. People exist in their variety because God designed it that way. Put simply, racism is a criticism of His handiwork. If you told me that you did not like me because of some physical characteristic I have, I might say: "Look buddy, your beef is really with the One that created me - it has nothing to do with me. I had nothing to do with creating myself! I can't change a characteristic you don't like just because you ask me to. Like you, I did not ask to be on this planet and I did not ask to have the characteristics I have. If you do not like me that’s between you and God! Complain to Him!" So, in essence, since God’s creation is a reflection of Him maybe you would not like God if you were to meet Him? If there are red, blue, yellow, white or any other color of flowers, it’s not the flower’s fault. Flowers have nothing to do with what color they are. The intelligent being that designed the flower is responsible for their color.

Hate and intolerance only beget more hate and intolerance. That’s what is wrong with this world.

Do you really want to be a part of propagating a philosophy of life that helps fuel the fires that may ultimately wipe out humanity?

Now we don't have to agree with each other all the time or for that fact ever, but we should RESPECT each other. Brothers and Sisters, that's what we are "Like it or not".

WE SHOULD START ACTING LIKE IT!

Just my 2¢
Amen, what I was going to say so I just erased my thread.

(Rhythm @ Nov. 25 2006,21:00) Ok folks I know you guys are sick and tired or being sick and tired of seeing (reading) these racial topics or should I say the outcome. But since they're here to stay this will be my last stand defending myself and the rest of the black board members here.

I wanted to make a new topic on this because I know everyone has had it with the I'm very disapointed thread

Heres my last response I posted to the latest response about the word ****** being used.

g17  
New Recruit

Group: Donating Member
Lexington, KY
 Posted on: Nov. 25 2006,19:39        

Personally, I don't see it anymore wrong for him to say ****** than if a black said it. All I can say is so what? Let's all fall apart and go cry in a corner because someone said a word we didn't like. An individual would have to be of limited mentality to allow a word/name to upset them to such an extent. Call me what you will and I still know who I am and my worth. BTW, the word originates from the word nigra, which happens to mean black.

Rhythm  
Hayabusa Immortal

Group: Members
Col,OH
 Posted on: Nov. 25 2006,20
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Thats just it, you dont see, cause you dont won't to, so lets just leave it at that. No matter how we or I try to explain it, you just dont get or dont want to understand. Just like alot of thing until it happen to you. For one example before 911 I would always hear mainly my white brothers and sisters  make the comment to black people about slavery saying just let it go and forget about it. Well when 911 came around and the shoe was on the other foot everybody (whites)wanted to remember the day and to never forget. Why? So it would never happen again. Maybe, just maybe if you take the time to re read through some of the responses you might get a glimpse of why the word is looked down on by respectable black americans.
But like always we (black americans) are bundle up in a group based on a few ignorant individual using the word ******. Have times really changed ?

Dont think so, well how many of my white  brotha and sistaz here in Busaland  ever heard me or any other known black use the word ****** here on this site jokingly or seriously towards anyone here, think real hard know ?  Now think how many times a racial topic comes up  someone will always say well you guys are always calling each other that N word, so why do you get mad when the shoe is on the other foot.  Personally I cant speak for them but I'm sure everyone here knows how the black people here feel about the word ****** being used, that it is unacceptable and would atleast appreciate to know that you guys respect how we feel  and not group us up with ignorant  white or blacks that use the word comfortably.  

I feel we have a pretty tight knit family here at the .Org and hate to see it fall apart because of some outside bullshid or instigators the leak through periodically trying to stir shid up.

I'm done with this thread !!!!!!!![/Quote]
Now man it's going to take the creator to change some people's minds about hate which is what racism is!  That's why the word (bible) says that "EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW AND EVERY TONGUE CONFESS".  See everyone will either be a believer now or at judgement.  Don't ponder, stress or lose sleep over mindsets that WILL NOT change until there has been divine intervention.  

I was however impressed with how clean the previous thread was, despite some the shallow & dissappointing remarks that were made by org members.

God bless,
BD

(BigDawg_03Busa @ Nov. 27 2006,11:40) Now man it's going to take the creator to change some people's minds about hate which is what racism is!  That's why the word (bible) says that "EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW AND EVERY TONGUE CONFESS".  See everyone will either be a believer now or at judgement.  Don't ponder, stress or lose sleep over mindsets that WILL NOT change until there has been devine intervention.  
+1

I find it funny that a while back I started a thread stating racial topics of any sorts shouldn't be posted here as they have no place here. I remember saying something like, "The one thing that brings us together is our love for bikes, so why start threads about something that seperates us?". It was in response to a few "jokes" but it was meant towards racial topics in general. 2 or 3 days later it was locked and deemed "pointless".

Heh ... yeah ...

beerchug.gif
ty this is for you brother...................no need to keep explaining ,those who get/understand are the only ones that matter everyone else is in the dark or have a problem to start with

Back