Rt 66 Adventure - Updated With Pictures

prayers sent for you bro...you're going to go out and make it home from a trip this year if i have to drag you kicking and screaming the whole way :laugh: seriously though, you know how to get in touch with me in about a 1/2 dozen ways if there is anything i can do for you and/or Trish! :beerchug:

Update:

Without going into inappropriate details, Dennis is spending the night in the hospital ICU again. That may sound bad but the good thing is, they know exactly what's going on and have a good handle on how to make him all better. (Kisses on the sore spots does the trick! :laugh:)

Trish and her mom and s.o. drove out with the trailer from MO (17 hours) and then, because the docs wanted to keep Dennis overnight, Trish's mom and s.o. took off with Luci this evening.

Dennis will be just fine so no worries. At this point. I'll let him fill in the details as he sees fit.

Trish is staying the night there in the hospital with her honey and if they release Dennis from the hospital tomorrow morning, they will head home right then. If they decide to stay longer, they have a place to stay here with us.

More as I know more.

--Wag--

Have fun . I did a little stretch of it when I went cross country but that was 9 years ago .

Update:

They've moved Dennis from the ICU to a regular room for another night's stay at the hospital. He's improving and should be home free very soon!

--Wag--

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. I would like reply to each of you, but it us difficult for me to navigate the keyboard on my phone right now. They are all very much appreciated.

I was suppose to move to a regular room today, but was just told that I am such a good boy they are keeping me in ICU until a regular bed opens up.

I guess the extreme heat and riding excellerated my condition. At the hospital they ran some blood work and found out I am a type 1 diabetic. Recovery has been slow and hope to get back to st Louis in a few days.

Special thanks to "Wag", Nan and Tim for making me go to the ER and for taking such good care of me while I was staying in Wag's home.

Had ketoasidosis set in? That can be really ugly, and how a lot of people are first diagnosed with Diabetes.
Take care Dennis, get better soon.

Well I am glad to hear you are improving. Heal up soon and get home bro.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

glad to hear you are on the road to recovery! and will be able to go home soon!! :beerchug:

Glad to hear your going to be ok Dennis. Hope you will be back to 100% when we see you in a couple of weeks. :thumbsup:

Went and chatted with Dennis and Trish in the hospital this evening. Both seem to be doing well. Bummer that he's still in ICU but the good thing is, he'll get better care in there. That nurse was in there at least six times in the hour we were there! :)

HillbillyTom, I didn't see any signs of ketoacidosis but then again, I'm not a doctor. Dennis can fill you in on the details.

--Wag--

Update:

Visited Dennis this evening and he is doing remarkably better. 1000% better than yesterday. Good reason to be happy! :)

--Wag--

Back