Rt 66 Adventure - Updated With Pictures

congrats on a great start to your adventure...looking forward to lots of pics :beerchug:

And they are off!! Have a great trip guys. Miss you already! :beerchug:

IMG_0137[1].jpg

Yesterday was fun, frustrating, and exhausting. The signage in eastern and western Missouri is good and pretty easy to follow. In Central Missouri, the signage is terrible to nonexistent. We lost hours riding down terrible road that just stopped to have to turn around and backtrack. Turning the Busa around in a 20ft. box a dozen times or so makes for a long afternoon. Once we got near Springfield the Route was well marked again. I don't have broadband for the laptop or phone here, so the pictures may have to wait until I meet up with the professor tonight.

Made to New Mexico. Bandwidth for uploading pictures is still an issue. Th trp has been great. The hospitality of the Professor and Kristi is second to none. Thanks for showing me and Tim such a great time. I wish I had seen your text about steaks on the grill before getting that burger at Pops.

Looking forward to pics. I'm beginning to think you are just sitting at your house claiming you are having a great adventure. :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

Dennis, get better soon and let us know how the trip ends. Hope the surgery wasn't too bad.

Some updates:

Dennis and Tim arrived at the house Wed. evening and it was pretty obvious that Dennis was not up to par. We went and had dinner at a local New Mexican restaurant and while we were eating, we determined that he should get some medical attention.

So, we shuttled him over to the E.R. where the lady doctor did a minor procedure (I'll let Dennis tell you the details! :whistle: )

Headed home. Went to the pharmacy the next morning to get some antibiotics and Dennis has since spent the time sleeping all day to recover.

It really sux. I feel for my friend.

Mrs. Dennis is on the way to pick him up. I expect that they are near the house already. I had to go in to work today so that kinda sux. Oh, well.

Life happens.

We're more than happy to have had Dennis visit and to take good care of him while he's here. Hoping he can get squared away soon.

--Wag--

thanks for the update Wag. saying some prayers for ya Dennis, let me know if you need anything when you get back home.

Wow that sucks, but atleast you had a friend out there to take care of you when you were down! Thats how we need to be, and if the world looked at it that way, maybe it wouldnt be in the shape it's in. Prayers sent for ya buddy! Get well soon!

Back