Rt 66 Adventure - Updated With Pictures

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
My buddy Tim and I are going to be riding old Rt 66 from Saint Louis Mo to Albuquerque NM. Our planning for this is minimal. We'll be starting the ride on July 10 or July 11. We will arrive in Albuquerque on July 14. This would normally be a 1 day ride for me, but we are wanting to stop frequently at the historic Rt 66 sites.

If anyone lives along the route and wants to meet up on short notice, I'd like to meet up with orgsters. If you can put us up on short notice, please PM me a name, addy, and phone number.

Those that know me know I like to plan every aspect of my trips in advance. An unplanned winging it trip is a new experience for me. I'm kind of excited and kind of apprehensive at the same time.

It will be fine and a great adventure :thumbsup: If I had the time I would tag along, sounds like a great trip :beerchug:

That sounds like a great trip!!! Wish I could go...I've always wanted to run Rt 66!! Take lots of pics for the folks that can't go :rulez:

We'll be starting the ride on July 10 or July 11. We will arrive in Albuquerque on July 14. This would normally be a 1 day ride for me, but we are wanting to stop frequently at the historic Rt 66 sites.

1050 some miles according to Mapquest, that would be a long one day in the saddle.:bowdown:
Rt 66 goes through Springfield on Chestnut Expressway, so if I should happen to look out the back door of the shop at the right minute I'll see you go by. Have a great trip, take plenty of pictures.:thumbsup:

Don't forget to stop at "Pops" in Arcadia,Ok. Although it is normally crowded, the food is pretty good and they have any kind of bottled soda you could imagine. It's deffinatley worth a stop to check it out. It's popular with local motorcyclist, so there should be alot of bikes there on the weekends.
POPS: Home

Sounds like fun Dennis, you will get to see all the little towns I-40 bypassed.

Its a great trip. I made it with my dad when I was a yongster on his goldwing! He is moving back to Arizona this fall so I told him that I want to do the trip again next spring. But he better be able to get that 1800cc Honda VTX of his up to some speed cuz Im not going to granny it the entire way.

Don't forget to stop at "Pops" in Arcadia,Ok. Although it is normally crowded, the food is pretty good and they have any kind of bottled soda you could imagine. It's deffinatley worth a stop to check it out. It's popular with local motorcyclist, so there should be alot of bikes there on the weekends.
POPS: Home

Thanks for the tip. Looks good.

Sounds great, look forward to pics. I will make this trip in the next few years. My Mother-In-Law wants to do this, but she doesn't ride. I'm renting her a Spyder, lol!
Posted via Mobile Device

Rt. 66 comes right through Bethany where I live in Oklahoma. You have a great ride ahead of you. I am def jealous. As mentioned earlier Arcadia is a great little town and there will be so much to see along the way. Kudos to your sense of adventure. Can't wait to see your pictures.

Makes sure you plan a stop in Tucumcari, NM. They have done a great job preserving the Mother Road through there. Good photo opp at the end of town with the big Route 66 sculpture/sign. quaint places to eat and if you stay the night, I highly recommend the Blue Swallow Motel.

Plan to spend some time looking around.
Also, do not miss the strip through Amarillo, TX and Cadillac Ranch.

Have a great time on your Anti-Tank full to Tank full trip! :thumbsup:

Can't wait to have ya out, Brother!

You know you have a place to stay here!

--Wag--

Rt. 66 comes right through Bethany where I live in Oklahoma. You have a great ride ahead of you. I am def jealous. As mentioned earlier Arcadia is a great little town and there will be so much to see along the way. Kudos to your sense of adventure. Can't wait to see your pictures.

Maybe you can ride a bit of it with us :thumbsup:

The adventure has begun. Yesterday we rode east to Illinois to begin. We stopped for lunch as Fast Eddie's Bon Air. From there we picked up Rt 66 through St. Louis and stopped for desert at Ted Drewe's. From there we followed 66 out of the city to Eureka MO and the Route 66 Museum. Unfortunately we had lost track of time and the museum was closed when we got there. Some back roads to my house for the night. This morning we start the west-ward push.

FastEddies.jpg

TheArch.jpg

TedDrewes.jpg

Wedding.jpg

OldBridge.jpg

Back