Roommates Turbo GSXR-600 Project - pic heavy

DSC00578.jpg

IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

DSC00578.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3119.jpg

I see some of the pics you posted are not of a 600, they sure look a lot like a busa that would have came out of NLRs shop???? The pics with the black 44mm Tial wastegate are from a bike Seb built with twin intercoolers. Might want to double check what you post as your work, I know Seb would not take too kindly to it.

Richard

DSC00578.jpg

I see some of the pics you posted are not of a 600, they sure look a lot like a busa that would have came out of NLRs shop???? The pics with the black 44mm Tial wastegate are from a bike Seb built with twin intercoolers. Might want to double check what you post as your work, I know Seb would not take too kindly to it.

Richard

he never posted any of it as "his work" im sure justin just made a mistake when he was copy and pasting img links. its pretty easy to decipher what pics are the 600 and what are not.

Richard

I copied the pictures from our local forum. I guess I haven't really looked the bike over and noticed that my roommate was posting the picture with the black wastegate to show people what he wanted the finish product to look like. I never once claimed anything was "my work". I'll remove the pictures, thanks.

edit: nevermind, I can't go back and remove the picture anymore. Sorry

Last edited:
Fuel lines are done, vacuum lines are ran. He's having a little bit of a clearance issue with some of the coolant lines, but shouldn't be to hard to figure out.

The gauges got wired up last night too. Getting close

dang theres a 2 page thread of my bike on here and i didnt even know it :lol: i came on here trying to see if i could see if anyone had a thread about tapping into an oil source for a pressure gauge and stumbled across this. its getting close, just need a pump and wideband and hopefully its ready to fire up and head to schnitz to let him work his magic on it on the dyno.

Bike started on Saturday. He has to fix an oiling issue with the return, but it goes to Schnitz this Saturday to get tuned

dang theres a 2 page thread of my bike on here and i didnt even know it :lol: i came on here trying to see if i could see if anyone had a thread about tapping into an oil source for a pressure gauge and stumbled across this. its getting close, just need a pump and wideband and hopefully its ready to fire up and head to schnitz to let him work his magic on it on the dyno.

Hahahaha...:rofl:Blame Justin!!!:welcome:

Your buddy is a hell of a mechanic. Haha.

What are the HP numbers going to be?

He's not really sure. He's seen what other bikes with similar set-ups are making but I don't think he is making any assumptions until we have hard numbers.

We don't see why the bike shouldn't be in the 140ish range, but we'll know this weekend

whats the tq specs on the similar bikes?

not to be a downer at all bc this is pretty cool bc it is different, but what was the reason he didnt just buy a 1k? Thinking would be cheaper and about same performance (not knowing what this tq will put down, and assuming probally alittle more then a 1k) But besides the answer because its different and its totally awesome, what were the reasons you decided to turbo a 600?

Any gearing changes going to be made? Maybe less aggressive to help with wheelies? (if i didnt miss the part about extended swingarm)

271012_10150274654563809_797043808_7411523_5819938_n.jpg

went well. running 6psi tuned by ryan schnitz. no problems on the dyno. the bike feels alot different, but when the turbo spools its a handful. im going to have to get used to the throttle not being as responsive as it used to. like on a stock bike you crank throttle and it comes alive right away. this bike now when you crank throttle it feels like it takes forever to respond then BAM you have boost. only problem ive come across is it feels like it pushes through the clutch at wide open throttle. all in all im happy with it.

Back