Any tuners near Missour? I'm looking for 600+ whp with a turbo and engine build...

If you are not willing to travel, and/or ship your bike somewhere, you really should give RCC a call and ask them who is capable of building and tuning something at that level. Richard will refer you to a competent shop. The investment you are about to make, and the horsepower level you are trying to attain demands the best out there. Do not shortchange yourself . . . if you do, you will certainly pay for it down the road . . .

That advice was why I said for him to call you!

Smithers custom olathe kansas. I can vouch for their work steve is a god when it comes to building and tuning a busa

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Re: Any tuners near Missour? I'm looking for 600+ whp with a turbo and engine build..

602 rwhp ??? Is that on pump gas, I thought that kind of peromance was race fuel only :drool: Not thread jacking just checking you want 600 for street use meaning gas station to gas station on the street???

It is an RCC Ultra with headwork . . . I have run it at that level on the street with C16, and I will tell you that this level of power in a street situation is absolutely ridiculous and out of hand. For normal "day-to-day" and "back and forth to church" use, I turn it down a bit, and run it at 400 rwhp on pump gas, 93 octane. That is still stupid horsepower for the street. BTW, that would be 20 pounds of boost with a GT35RR, and I have already put over 8K on this setup. It is the best running turbo street bike I have built so far, and I have had many. For those of you who want the absolute best, definately go with an Ultra from RCC.

You deserve it, and won't regret it.:lol:

Last edited:
Re: Any tuners near Missour? I'm looking for 600+ whp with a turbo and engine build..

Smithers and Powerhouse both build big power. snithers shop is small and say if you wanted 1/2 studs smithers would have to outsource the job. Frank does it right in his big shop. I've been to both of their shops. Frank power house shopvalone is 5x bigger than smithers whole building. Both guys do good work but I myself prefer full service shops that others have to outsource. Both good shops but your really comparing apples to oranges. Not in that they can't tune a turbo bike rather powerhouse is like a factory and tune shop. Where as smithers is a small tuner shop with lots of experience but if you saw both their work places and didn't know anything about them you would be more impressed with powerhouse

In fairness Powerhouse is a build shop, tune facility and a motorcycle machine shop with 2 guys there who have been in the game a long time

smithers build sick bikes and has a 600 rwhp monster himself. Not afraid to tune but they have no machine shop true capability aside from small stuff.

It's not fair to say one or the other is a better tuner because a dyno would be proof of nothing. But it is fair and factual to say that powerhouse shop is impressive, big and had lots of bikes in it. smithets shop is think is a little old small house converted to a business. They have to roll bikes out back to have room to work when they get to work in the morning. I'm pretty sure Frank has done far more work. The shop size alone and number of bikes in each shop do prove that they are different

you are in st louis go with Rudy Sanzottera, he owns quicktime... he and jc both are awesome... they have all the fastest busa's in stl area... 600+ horse..... rudy just finished another side mount last week for john yohn. there shop is located in st charles....... trust me go with them

617whp, and just a street bike. :laugh:
be133309.jpg

aadfc09a.jpg

Still a work in progress.

It is an RCC Ultra with headwork . . . I have run it at that level on the street with C16, and I will tell you that this level of power in a street situation is absolutely ridiculous and out of hand. For normal "day-to-day" and "back and forth to church" use, I turn it down a bit, and run it at 400 rwhp on pump gas, 93 octane. That is still stupid horsepower for the street. BTW, that would be 20 pounds of boost with a GT35RR, and I have already put over 8K on this setup. It is the best running turbo street bike I have built so far, and I have had many. For those of you who want the absolute best, definately go with an Ultra from RCC.

You deserve it, and won't regret it.:lol:
frank I notice you said 20lb on 93 octane pump and i think vie heard hid from you before as well as one other tuner. My question is RCC advertises the ultra as capable of 18lb on pump. Do you think Richard advertises 18lb as a margin of safety and the wide spread of tuning ability at shops? It sounds from what your doing that it is capable of 20lb.....is this attributed to a larger heat exchanger or a certain confidence in your quality of local pump gas? Also do you set it up at 11:8? Thanks

frank I notice you said 20lb on 93 octane pump and i think vie heard hid from you before as well as one other tuner. My question is RCC advertises the ultra as capable of 18lb on pump. Do you think Richard advertises 18lb as a margin of safety and the wide spread of tuning ability at shops? It sounds from what your doing that it is capable of 20lb.....is this attributed to a larger heat exchanger or a certain confidence in your quality of local pump gas? Also do you set it up at 11:8? Thanks

Customer's tend to push the envelope a little, and you have to be careful when you advertise. Always leave a margin. Decades ago, when I was an engineering student, one of our assignments was to build a paper chair that would hold a 200 pound person. On the day the projects were turned in, there were twenty or so chairs lined up in the front of the classroom when our professor brought in a 350+ pound person to sit on each one. Needless to say, some chairs did not survive. We protested, and the professor taught us an important lesson that day about how an engineer should think. Sort of the same thing, but different, lol. IMO, Richard advertises the 18 pound boost limit for a variety of reasons, the most important one being that you should know that above that level, you are on your own.

It has nothing to do with my confidence in the quality of the gas . . . I would put Mobil, BP, Amoco, etc., I don't care, as long it is name brand 93 octane. I run it at 11.5:1 at that level, with NO TIMING PULLED AT ALL. Again, a little "engineering" margin there . . . :laugh:

Back