RANT: Why can't you just be happy for me?

Hanna, you have to trust your INSTINCTS.
16 y.o.'s sail solo around the World for not too dissimilar reasons.
Honda riders will always say the Blackbird is far better in every which way, but from experience THAT is a lie.
So it goes and the negativity never seems to end because you have thought outside THEIR little BOX.
Even 99% of BIKE RIDERS have no idea what sub 3sec acceleration is really like. Yet, ridden normally, the Busa is the epitome of decorum and refinement.
I can assure you that the Busa is delightful, a joy to behold and safe, providing you exercise a judicious right hand. It's a joy and priviledge to own and ride such a beautiful machine.
Otto

They just trying to hold you back(jelous). Its a great motorcycle, powerful, comftable and smooth. You will always find someone trying to get your mind of things when you are trying to achieve something.

Thanks again guys. I needed you all yesterday/today!

I put a pic of the bike I'm getting on my facebook page yesterday... the new blue one... and, even though you'd think friends would be supportive I got a whole heap of questioning, again. :newburn:

Okay, so I understand that some of them are just concerned... they've ridden with me and know how skittish I was in the months following my crash... but they've not ridden with me in recent times and also, they're not the closest of my friends so don't know me too well, more like biker friends I've accumulated over time. Some of them just seemed to be peeved that I was getting what they consider a 'big boys' bike. Possibly because they have gixers and the like (and some of them are damn good riders) and don't think I deserve a bike like the busa? Don't know, I'm rambling now.

Anyway, thanks again guys. It's good to know that 'those on the inside' know that you don't have to ride hard and fast to have a big bike and you don't have to have a big bike to ride hard and fast. :inlove:

It's good to know that 'those on the inside' know that you don't have to ride hard and fast to have a big bike and you don't have to have a big bike to ride hard and fast. :inlove:[/QUOTE]

Hanna,

This statement is very well put, you will do fine. congrats and good luck.

I've had it a few times.

Why turn a Busa into a naked bike ?
Why buy an ugly B-King ?
Why ride an old Bandit 12 when you have a Busa ?

I ride what makes me happy, when it suits me.
The only one who know's what I want is me.
Im not out to win votes or admirers.

Tell them if they can keep up, then they can talk!!!:moon:

I heard this a lot from the guys at work. I told them I just purchased a 09 Hayabusa GSX1300R and the first thing they asked was have you rode before? I said yes, in the woods...lol....they said your gonna DIE...I said Cool...has to happen sooner or later!

THEN I TOLD THEM THE REAL REASON FOR BUYING THE BUSA.....

I am trying to travel back in time..!
They didn't laugh...but I did cause I own the Busa and they don't..:laugh:

CONGRATS AND KEEP IT UNDER 200mph....

Last edited:
i have plenty of non bike owners asking me why...i politely remind them that they are not rideing period...

Back