just a rant

300Busa

Chillaxin...
Donating Member
Registered
So I took the busa out this weekend for about 15 min. to go get some smokes at the gas station. I have only put about 400 miles on it all summer, I kind of forgot what it felt like. On the way back home I was enjoying the ride and I see a group of bikes in a parking lot as I drive by. I continue down the road and pull into my driveway and notice a bike pulling in behind me. It was a Honda Black bird. I get off my bike and walk back to this young kid and say "what's up". He says "you wanna go racing behind the mall with me and my boys?". Needless to say I said no. I asked him how his bike runs and he replies "AWESOME, it is jetted and I will race anything, even a busa!". So I ask him how long he has been riding and he said almost 3 weeks!!! I can't really explain why I am typing all of this, it just made me have this unexplainable feeling of anger when he said all of this. I know when I was his age I did some stupid things on the road and it makes me wonder if people thought the same of me....... oh well, life goes on another day and I couldnt be happier with mine....

Since he told you where him and his morons were racing, you should have called the police. Possible they would have ran though. Then again they might have gotten caught and be one less factor to raising our insurance rates.

I admit i go for a speed run on some roads and curves however it's usually out in secluded areas at times with low or no traffic (no witnesses). Otherwise I only speed to keep some idiot cager away and I end it quick by changing direction and putting traffic/intersections with traffic between them and me. Rare but there are idiots out there who road rage or want to play with a bike for some stupid reason. Best to leave them and let the police deal with 'em.

I usually ride alone. My freinds, though good riders, do get a little nutty now and then. Loud pipes will attract the wrong attention too. Hence why i don't ride with them much. As for stunters, if they're in a parking lot or out in the middle of nowwhere doing their thing then no prob. If they're on a highway wheeling between cars, i'll treat them the same as i do the streetracing wheenies in hatchbacks or muscle cars and call the cops on them myself.
cool.gif

(300Busa @ Oct. 02 2007,01:41) .... it is jetted and I will race anything, even a busa!".
Every dumb@ss I meet has to tell me (blah blah blah - and it'll run with a busa!)

This never happened to me once in the three years I rode CBR's, but it's happened at least ten times since I've owned my busa. The best was the kid on the 700 Raptor (yes, an ATV) that said he could keep up to 70. WTF?
all_coholic.gif

I was riding home yesterday, and was behind a 636 Kawi, we pull up to a light, and there's a red & black Busa there in the right lane. I'm already checking it out, this thing sounded NICE !!! After about 30 seconds the cat on the 636 starts rev'n it up like he's going to try this Busa. The guy on the Busa turns around at me, and points to this kid, and shakes his head, then nails his throttle WAAAAAAAAAA !!!! Then you hear it, PSSSSS !!! (is that a turbo, or supercharger that does that ?) This cat on the 636 STILL TRYS HIM ? Needless to say it wasn't even close, I guess it's always going to happen ?

Hey atleast this guy was on a bike, If 1 more kid in a Mustang trys to race me I'm probably going to 
rolleyes_extreme.gif

i get kids on smaller bikes all the time but 80% of them see the busa as they pull up and kinda downplay it and drive off slowly and the other 20 % i just tell em lets go for 500 one shot no excuses and there smile fades

racing on the street the odds are ur going down and for what ? just to say u beat a 600 ? or even a 14 ? its a endless debate
guns.gif
squids

kinda like coldstone... that's why i ride alone mostly. I prefer groups, but near impossible to find them that don't ride stupidly, attracting unwanted attention. over here is all ate up with the "biker boyz & torque is real" kids.
guns.gif
giving us a bad rep as irresponsible sportbikers.
rant.gif

I liked the part where he said,"I'll race anything including a Busa" , because of all the experience he's obtained in 3 months  
wow.gif

Hope he doesn't get to experience DEATH
ghostface.gif
in the next 3 months  
sad.gif

(ibified @ Oct. 02 2007,18:49) you mean 3 WEEKS, right? =)

Silly kids...
Yea, your right, I meant 3 weeks  
tounge.gif

Well then, I  hope he makes 3 more weeks  
wink.gif

i can't tell you how many times i have heard that a 636 and a gixxer 750 will out run a busa red light to red light. so i say, "oh yea, I've heard that too, wheres your bike?" and these fools don't even have a freakin bike!!!

Now lets talk about the ones that do ride and they're talking smack about out running a busa. Then you take the "well anyone can twist the throttle and shift gears but what are you going to do when you have to turn" approach. As your walking out of the gas station you met this genious in and you spot a busted ass SRAD gixxer 600 with two inches of chicken tread on both sides!! WHAT CAN YOU DO BUT
ices_rofl.gif

when i read this thread i thought to myself "i would'nt let anyone "follow" me home".

but yeah those kids on these bikes= trouble.

Back