103mph in a 65mph

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
No, not me. My buddy. We were just leaving the races last night in S.A. and I was leading. I had just gotten up on the Interstate and Jimbo, my buddy on his R1, was behind a car and then a truck behind me. We went for a coupla miles and I kept waiting for Jumbo to pass the truck and catch up. I was going right at 70 by the tach. 4K is 67.1 mph with my gears. 16/42. So Jimbo finally passes the truck and all of a sudden the car the car behind me lights up. A State Trooper. So I pulled over and thought Jimbo was stopped behind the Trooper. Icould not see as I was blinded by the lights. No pun intended. So the guy ask's why I'm in a hurry. I said I was not in a hurry. I ask how fast was I going and he just smiled and said how fast do you think you were going. I told him about 70 + or - 2 or 3 mph. He then said I was going 72. So I said that's about right. He then said the limit is 65 at night. I was like, oh sh*t. Sorry, your right. He just laughed and asked for my info. I gave it to him and he said just a minute. As he walked away he asked if the guy behind him was with me and I said yes we were together. Rode up to the races and were on the way home. He came back with a written warning for exceeding the 65 mph limit. No big deal. He was a very polite and easy going young man. We talked about the Busa for a moment and about how many squids run from them. And just bs'd for a few minutes. He said to slow down and be careful and walked away. I put my gloves and helmet on and started off. I was going slow waiting for Jimbo and did not see him coming up. So about 2 miles down at the Seguin exit I stopped and waited for him. About the time I was ready to call his cell I saw him coming along. He stopped and asked what the Trooper said to me and I showed him the warning. He then said another Trooper had stopped him behind the Trooper that had me. I had no idea that had happened. Remember, the top lights were blinding me. So he says he got a ticket. I said no way, I just got a warning. He then showed me a ticket for 103 in a 65. No sh*t. He said the guy was an a$$ from the start. Now I now that Jimbo is the easiest going guy anyone will ever meet. If you were to knock the crap out of him, he would just look at you kinda sad and walk away. Really. No attitude. So he said the Trooper was pissed right from the start and when Jimbo asked to see proof he refused. Jimbo asked to then see the radar and the Trooper said there was no radar. He got him with his computer. What the heII does that mean. Never heard of that. So any way I don't know what I might have left out or been unclear about. Ask and I will explain as much as I can. He intends to fight the ticket of course. And I will help. Consider, we were traveling together, on the Interstate, in the middle of nowhere. Stopped at the same time by 2 different Troopers at the same time and at the same mile marker, yet I get a warning for exceeding the 65 mph limit and he gate a ticket for 103 in a 65. I will get the ticket from him in the morning and scan and post it and will scan and post mine below it. Is this strange or what...

David

Holy Huge Paragraphs Bat-Man!
wow.gif

....but that's one hefty ticket for sure
tounge.gif

I'm not sure how much distance was between you and your friend... but if he was doing 103 wouldn't he have caught up with or passed you?

Get a lawyer, sounds like an easy win. I've never heard of got ya by the computer, I guess he paced him??

Walked away from a 121 in a 55 one time (car - M3). A computer got him huh? Sounds like major BS. Tell your buddy good luck.

"Can you prove it?"
"Ummmm, No... I was guessing!"

He got your friend with VASCAR. It is a time distance computer.[/QUOTE]
Can anyone explain or elaborate on this VASCAR?

Maybe the computer comment was a joke by the Trooper, when actually meaning "His Brain", as the Trooper doesnt need to get you on radar of any sort. They can just pace ya and if exceeding the posted limit, write you a coupon.

Sorta strange though, if the Trooper said "103", and given the positioning of you and your buddy, you would have thought both your buddy and the trooper would have passed you. Also, if your buddy was doing those speeds, sorta strange the officer that gave you the warning even bothered to stop you and not assist the trooper in a High-speed pursuit/ possible felony stop
rock.gif

Take this one to court. take pictures of the location where you were stopped, and diagram the positions of you and your buddy & the positions of the 2 patrol units. Something doesnt seem to be adding up on the trooper's end. Did your buddy say if he gassed it to try and catch up to you - Im sure he did, but 70 to 103 to pass 1 vehicle....and your buddy didnt overtake you or catch up to you
rock.gif

rock.gif

Your friend needs a good lawyer to talk with you and call (at trial) the officer who gave you the warning. Something's not right, for sure. Good luck to your buddy.

You're buddy would need a decent lawyer for sure. But he would need a math nerd to show up as a expert witness. See if you or he knows someone (that at least knows someone) that's a mathmatician. Preferably someone that's has a undergraduate degree or better yet a Ph.D in math to do the calculations in time, distance and speed. If the calculations prove that it's impossible, then ask that math guy/gal to show up as a expert witness to explain to the judge why it's not possible.

Cops words are taken at more value than the average joe, but usually not in comparision to a expert witness with a Master's degree or Ph.D. Might cost your buddy a fancy dinner at least (if it's a friend).

Judge's would have to buy into it on record, less he/she would look like a fool in appeals.

Back