OK I have a little rant.

mikey28804

Registered
I have a rant and no other place better than right here to post right?? :laugh:

I dont want to be rude but do people even read up on anything at all before going out and buying a busa? I wanted one of these bikes for a LONG time before I bought one. I also did an insane amount of reading up on the bike before I made my decision.

I see people on heRe and other sites that have no clue about the bike and asking how to drag knee or how drag race.... This along with any bike can kill you!:banghead:

The guy I bought my bike from Here are some of the Q&A'S

He had no idea about the bike!

As soon as I pulled up and saw it was lowered I was like ugghh

ME: Do you have the factory links and tripple tree to raise it up?

Seller: Raise it up?

Me: Yea that is not stock height at all

Seller: oh I didnt know

Me: you said it has an aftermarket exhaust......where is it? Thats just a mid Pipe with some chrome tips on it.

Seller: Oh i thought it was a system

Me: Man this things going to need a chain, its adjusted all the way back and still laying on the swingarm.

Seller: I greased it every summer

Me: how long have you owned it?

Seller: A year

Me: :banghead:

My question is Do these people even think about anything other than its a hayabusa?

The dude was trying to fleece buyers who don't know better. You called him out, good for you. You bet he is going to give the next guy the same lines of crap.

Or, he really was ignorant of motorcycles in general. I'm guessing his ignorance allowed you to get a better price for the bike though. :laugh:

We see it all the time, some buyers do research, others do not. For some, this is the dream bike they have been building up to, its their 4th or 5th bike. Others its their first bike. Some work out, some dont. We try to help everyone.

Ya should stole it from him :laugh:. What an idiot. Hope you got it for a good price!

Buying a used bike is really a crap shoot UNLESS you know both what to ask and what to look for! If you are cautious, you can save big money AND get the bike of your dreams. Sounds like you are a pretty discriminating buyer, I hope you got exactly what you're looking for. Even abused bikes can be great deals if cheap and you're going for a deeper restoration to make it into exactly what you want. Show us some pics ant tell us what the plans are!

Ill post some other pics soon. I got the bike at a great price. I honestly think the guy just didnt know better. I saw the mileage on the title when he bought it and he put less than 1OOO miles on it in a year and a half. He did have one little bunch of paperwork where he had a set of shinkos and an oil change done.

When I got it i did a coolant flush,oil change,raised it back to stock height, replaced the midpipe crap with a micron slip on system, replaced the grips,levers bar ends and triple tree clamp. Now i just need to put some fork seals in it and need a undertail for it, the stock one has been cut.

In the end I got a 06 with abbout 10k miles for 5200, In my area they sell all the time for 6500-7000 and not as clean as this one.

loweredbusa_zpsf5b47184.jpg

cant tell but this is after I raised it up and replaces levers and grips

busa1_zps19aafa3d.jpg

busa_zpsec994ab8.jpg

Here is the best part... You will run into folks that really just have never been exposed to maint on a bike or doing mods to them.. On the org we thrive to help others learn and be creative. Post up changes that you make to your bike and how you did it and others will try it, some will like some won't but dont be bashful about sharing. When you go to an event find someone and help em out, educate them...

Great color by the way :)

I took a chance on it but thats a chance you take with ANY used bike. I did have a shop look over everything and they all said the bike is solid. I have put close to 3k on it in 3 months and no issues other than fork seals......I am happy with it....thanks for the compliments guys.....black is exactly what I wanted.....

If the money is ok and you are happy with what you ended up than all is well...it looks great...if the chain was out of shape maybe the sprockets are beat up also...did you do the fork seals yourself? If you have a few extra dollars a seat that is made for you is more comfortable than the stock one. I have a 07 black frame / panels...without the stickers is a cool look also. Are you a ford / mustang fan?

Back